From Colonial Marines Wiki
This page/file has been designated as outdated.
To locate any other outdated pages/files head here
Researcher in it's current state is a Rp heavy role as it lacks research machines. Note that currently the researcher is also under going a rework so the job is currently barebones.
You are a Researcher, great!
So you've decided you wanted to become a civilian Researcher aboard the USS Almayer, congratulations on your job! You are basically an RP doctor and slash or designated Chemist. Once you spawn in, you should check in with your fellow compatriots in the medical channel with ":m", If nobody is currently doing Chemistry, you should volunteer to do it, If you're new to Chemistry, be sure to have the friendly chemistry guide open at all times, Use Ctrl+F to quickly search through the guide so you can quickly find the recipes, There will be a few basic mixes included under Combat Medicines.
Research has its own chemistry lab that can be used to help out medical by pumping out useful healing chemicals. It is also possible to mix chemicals together to get multiple benefits; however, be aware that there are certain chemicals which will cause more harm if they are used together. Consult the chemistry guide for more details.
Included here will be a quick guide to making two of the more commonly used mixes, Bicaridine-Dermaline and Tricordrazine-Bicaridine
- First off, dump 100 units of Carbon into the Bluespace beaker.
- Next, dump in 60 units of Oxygen.
- Now dump in 20 units of Sugar, you should have 120u of Bicaridine, 40 units of Oxygen and 20 units of Carbon.
- Dump 20 units of Silicon into the mixture.
- Dump 40 units of Phosphorus into the mixture.
- Remove the beaker and place it in the chem master.
- Take 60u of Bicaridine and 60u of Dermaline, make 7 pills, name "BicaDerm (8.5u Bica 8.5u Derm)"
- Now bottle it up and label the pill bottle "BicaDerm" and insert it in the chem storage.
- First off, dump in 20 units of Carbon, Sugar and Oxygen.
- You should have 60u of Inaprovaline now, dump in 20u of Nitrogen, Potassiium and Silicon.
- Now you should have 120u of Tricordrazine, now dump in 80u of Carbon, 20u of both Sugar and Oxygen.
- Remove beaker and place in ChemMaster.
- Seperate 60u of Tricordrazine and 60u of Bicaridine, make 7 pills, repeat until empty, don't forget to name it TriBica (8.5u Tricord 8,5u Bicaridine
- Bottle it up, label the bottle with the labeler "TriBica" and place in Chem Storage.
One of the most dangerous things a Researcher can do is tinker with custom chemical grenades.
- Autolathe 2 large beakers (Buckets also work)
- Protolathe 1 Large Chem Grenade (it holds 2 beakers)
- Grab 2 remote signallers and 1 igniter from an Autolathe
- Put potassium in one large beaker using the chem dispenser (Click it in your hand to use a lid)
- Put an equal amount of water into the other beaker using the sinks downstairs in the operating rooms (while moving using ladders do not hold open beakers in your hands, the contents will spill)
- Place both containers into the Large Chem Grenade shell by clicking on the shell with the beaker in your active hand
- Use a screwdriver (from Autolathe or a toolbox) on the igniter to make it ready to attach
- Set both signallers to the same frequency and same code. DO NOT use the defaults since someone will probably send signals for fun and end up triggering your grenade at a bad time. If you use a signaller now, the other should *beep, beep*.
- Use a screwdriver on one signaller until it's ready to attach
- Attach that signaller to the igniter; use the screwdriver on that assembly to make it "ready"
- If you put the ready signaller-igniter assembly on the ground and use the other signaller, the assembly should spark
- Add the ready signaller-igniter assembly to the Large Chemical Grenade by clicking on it
- Use the screwdriver to ready the grenade (it should turn green)
- Use the hand labeller to name the detonator and grenade the same thing
- DO NOT send the signal unless you want to breach R&D like an idiot. Give it to a competent marine.
60 units of each potassium and water is a medium boom. 90 units of each is a serious bang. 120 units each might breach the ship's walls.
Try out different mixes of chemicals. Just remember that certain combinations will instantly react and should not be allowed in the same beaker. For instance, if you filled one beaker with 60u potassium and tried to add 60u of water, it'll blow up in your face.
The igniter can also be combined with other things, like the timer, the proximity sensor, or the infrared laser.
- TIMER: Set the parameters on the timer before inserting the timer assembly into the grenade shell. When the grenade is fully assembled, you'll have to click the grenade one more time to prime it and start the timer's program.
- PROXIMITY SENSOR: Set the parameters on the proximity sensor before inserting its assembly into the grenade shell. When the grenade is fully assembled, you'll have to click the grenade one more time to prime it and start the proximity sensor's program. It's also useful as a doorbell or early Xeno warning.
- IR LASER: Before attaching it to anything else, rotate the IR laser to your desired direction by clicking on it. One way to use the laser is to attach it to a signaller to detonate a grenade. It's also useful as a doorbell or early Xeno warning.