From Colonial Marines Wiki
Warning! Misuse or spamming of this feature can result in a ban.
Macros are a very robust feature of SS13, allowing the player to attach any verb to (almost) any key combination. The key must not already be used by the server. A list of already-used keys can be found by using the OOC > hotkeys-help verb.
Macros That Are Already In
This is a basic list of the Macros that are built into the server.
- F1 = Adminhelp
- F2 = OOC
- F3 = Say
- F4 = Me
- Ctrl + Click = Quick Grab (Make sure to have an empty hand.)
- Shift + Click = Quick Examine (Marine Use/Some Alien Castes)
- Shift + Middle Click = Point to
- Ctrl + Middle Click = Tactical Binoculars lazer target
- Shift + Click = Throwing a Hugger as Carrier or Spitting neurotoxin as a sentinel. (If you have enabled the shift click function in the alien tab.)
Managing MacrosNotepad++ recommended, but Notepad works fine, too)
Creating a Macro
- The key used must not already be used by the server (check hotkeys-help in OOC tab)
- The command must contain dashes (-) in the place of spaces
- The full verb must be used as the command. E.g. unique-action
- The command is NOT case-sensitive. E.g. Join-as-Xeno works fine.
|Shift + F2||LOOC||Speak in LOOC (Local Out of Character chat)|
|Spacebar||Resist||Drop and roll to extinguish the fire and break out of alien nest|
|Shift + G||Rest||Rest on weed to regenerate health as alien or lay down to avoid FF as marine|
|Escape||Cancel-Camera-View||Stop looking up/down ladder and camera|
|Shift + W/A/S/D||Northface/Westface/Eastface/Southface||Turn north/west/east/south (essentially dance if excuted in quick succession)|
|Shift + E||Toggle-Darkness||Disable darkness (ghost only)|
|P||Join-as-Xeno||Open join Xeno window (ghost only)|
|[||Join-Response-Team||Sign up as a candidate for emergency response team (ghost only)|
|]||Toggle-SpecialRole-Candidacy||Open the special role candidacy window|
|I||.ping||Ping the server to see how high the ping is (and disengage when it's high)|
Type *help to see the list of emotes.
|C||unique-action||Pump shotgun and ignite incinarator|
|V||load-from-attachment||Toggle UGL, masterkey, scope, etc|
|B||Toggle-burst-fire-mode||Toggle burst fire (M41A, M39, etc)|
|F||Eject-magazine||Eject the magazine|
|G||Pick-up M41A-Pulse-Rifle-MK2||Pick up a M41A that's near you|
|Alt + `||Show-Held-Item||Show the item in your hand for others to take a look|
|Alt + Q||Say "*medic"||Medic emote|
|Alt + E||Say "*scream"||Scream emote so you can get help when you are caught out of position|
|Alt + T||Say "*salute"||Salute emote|
|Alt + W||Northface\nSay "Contact North!"||Turn north and yell Contact North! (add east, south, and west too)|
|5||Say "Help!"||Yell Help! (useful to urge friendlies to pull you back when you are down)|
|Alt + R||Say "Fallback!"||Yell Fallback! (useful to urge friendlies to fallback when they overextend)|
|Alt + G||Say "Let's go!"||Yell Let's go! (useful to urge friendlies relucent to fallback or push)|
|Shift + E||Issue-Order||Open the Issue Order window (SL and SO/XO/CO only)|
|Alt + C||Toggle-M68-Thermal-Camouflage||Toggle Scout Spec's cloak|
Type *help to see the list of emotes. Using an emote without a number will have the game choose randomly for you.
|`||Hive-Status||Open Hive Status window|
|Space||Crawl-Through-Vent||Start crawling into vent|
|Shift + 1||Say "*hiss"||Hiss emote|
|Shift + 2||Say "*growl"||Growl emote|
|Shift + 3||Say "*tail"||Tail whip emote|
|Shift + 4||Say "*roar"||Roar emote|
|5||Say "*needhelp"||Needhelp emote|
|Shift + 6||Say "*dance"||Dance emote|
|O||Evolve||Open Evolve window|
- Keys listed in hotkeys-help in OOC tab
- F1 to F8
- H (useable with Shift)
- Alt + F, I and H
The \n character combination can be used to input a "newline" between macros, allowing several verbs to be called from a single macro. Some examples above utilize \n as well.
- Space: Resist\nCrawl-Through-Vent
- 5: Say "*needhelp"\nSay"Help!"
- Alt + W: Northface\nSay "Contact North!"
- Shift + E: Issue-Order\nToggle-Darkness