From Colonial Marines Wiki
Ahelp in game if you need immediate help but here is a list of frequently asked questions.
1. How do I look up/down ladders?
Drag the ladder sprite to your character.
2. How do I stop looking up/down ladders?
OOC Tab > Cancel Camera view or move away. Cancel Camera view is more reliable though.
3. How do I throw things up/down ladders?
Have it in your hand and click the ladder with it. Grenades will auto-prime but flares will need to be activated first.
4. How do I use the rail scope on my sniper rifle?
Activate attachments button located on the bottom right.
5. How do I grab things from my helmet?
Click on the helmet sprite to open up the storage menu.
6. How do I take off facepaint?
Get a piece of paper, target mouth and click yourself.
7. Whats the difference between evolving and upgrading as an alien?
Evolving gives you new abilities and sometimes removes some old ones. Upgrading makes you stronger (improves your stats).
8. Map of Ice Colony?
9. How do I devour as an alien?
Drag/grab your target then click yourself. Becareful though, marines can reverse burst out of you if they awake inside your stomach and have a knife. Everything will slowly die in your stomach so don't keep them there for too long.
10. Can I mutiny?
Do you have a valid reason for mutiny? And can you get 5 other people who will mutiny with you? If I PM them about the mutiny, will they say yes? If you can answer yes to all these questions, ahelp again and someone will authorize your mutiny shortly. Remember to give the Commander a chance to stand down instead of just shooting him.
11. As a marine, can I kill X player?
OR As a marine, will I be banned if I kill X player?
Use proper RP escalation if you want to start a fight.
12. How do I pump shotgun/what is the macro to pump shotgun?
Use the button on the bottom right "use-unique-action". The new macro is ".click use-unique-action".
13. How do I use my headset/radio?
Shift-click your headset to see what channels it has access to.
14. What is WO role?
Its a custom preference for the map Whiskey Outpost (WO). If you have it set to yes, you may be chosen to become a Doctor or Commander on that map instead of a standard grunt.
15. What is the difference between Marksman and Recon?
Recon comes with a VP70 (or 88mod4 as its called now) pistol and a variety of ammunition. Marksman comes with a camo tarp which allows you to hide from Xenos. The tarp functions like a body bag but the sprite looks like a grass tile. Both sets are cosmetically different. Thanks spriters!
16. I got a role I don't want. What do I do?
Use 'staffwho' and see if there is a game admin or moderator online to send you back to lobby. Mentors can't send you back to the lobby.
17. How do I use ERT comms?
Its :h , shift-click your headset to see what channels you have access to. Iron Bears will need to use ':h:3' to speak Russian in ERT comms.
18. How do not become a Xeno if I just want to observe?
Go to the preference tab for verbs and hit > toggle specialrolecandidacy and select xeno. You won't be put in a larva body as you observe.
19. Why isn't my plasma regenerating?
If you're a runner, are you hiding? (Alien tab, hide verb) If you're a hunter, are you cloaked? (Bottom right, click "Stalk or "Hunt") Are you injured? Are you on weeds? Otherwise,
20. How do I check if slashing is permitted?
Look in the stats tab.