The Life and Times of David Rooder

Post your character background information.
davidofmk771
Byond ID: Davidofmk771

The Life and Times of David Rooder

Post by davidofmk771 » 28 Aug 2017, 23:43

Image RECORD LOADED 'DAVID K. ROODER'...

NAME: DAVID KENDO ROODER
SEX: MALE
RACE: CAUCASIAN
EYE COLOR: GREEN
HAIR COLOR: OTHER
NATIONALITY: UNITED AMERICAN
MEDICAL RECORDS:
Born in 2077, and has spent over a century in cryosleep transit. Side Effects of cryosleep may be more pronounced.
Rehabilitated methamphetamine addict.
Hair has a permanent blue hue due to chemical exposure during space-bound drug manufacturing.
Suffered a serious left leg injury at age 12, considered successfully healed but could possibly complicate further leg injuries.
Contracted pertussis, measles, space pox, and shigellosis between the ages of 5-11.
Like most children raised on Plutonian ice farms during the late-21st century, suffers from moderate-severe stiffness of muscles in extremely cold environments (<-55°C/-67°F).
SECURITY RECORDS:
2090: Vandalism
2091: Vandalism, Trespassing
2093: Theft of Property Valued Under $1000
2093: Assault, Domestic Violence
2094: Loitering, Vagrancy
2095: Misdemeanor Drug Possession (Cannabis, MDMA)
2095: Affray, Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest, Underage Consumption of Alcohol
2095: Violating Probation (Failure to Report)
2096: Wanted for Smuggling, Drug Trafficking (Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Ketamine), Grevious Bodily Harm, and Aggravated Assault.
2096: Added to Plutonian Marshall Service's Top 200 Most Wanted List at #71.
2096: Apprehended during a major raid on an illegal space station orbiting Neptune and convicted on Drug Trafficking, Smuggling, and Aggravated Assault charges.
2098: Due to the circumstances of his criminal record and the extreme overcrowding of outer-world prisons at this time, he was given the opportunity to attend a 4-year rehabilitation and training program held by the USMC and sponsored by W-Y.
EMPLOYMENT RECORDS:
2077: Born under Plutonian jurisdiction, which at this time was a Weyland Corporation incorporated community. Due to underdeveloped corporate social security laws of this time, he is technically property of the Weyland-Yutani corporation.
2090-2093: Legally employed laborer for Rooder's Frostcutters, his fathers ice farm.
2094-2096: Spent this time illegally employed by a series of drug dealers, smugglers, and mercenaries. Acquired his drug addiction and most of his criminal record during this period.
2096-2098: Spent about 2 years serving hard time in an industrial penal colony, Themis XX-14, located on the Neptunian moon Triton. Spent most of this time working in a heavy-duty smelting plant.
2098-2102: Received rehabilitative services and specialized training at a W-Y sponsored USMC clinic to avoid further prison time for his various criminal convictions.
2102-2186: Officially employed, it took over a century of cryosleep transit for him to arrive in Tychon's Rift and begin his duty due to several serious complications.

CHAPTER ONE
HUMBLE BEGINNINGS
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by davidofmk771 on 13 Nov 2017, 20:21, edited 7 times in total.

Heckenshutze
Mentor
Mentor
Byond ID: Heckenshutze

Re: The Life and Times of David Rooder

Post by Heckenshutze » 28 Aug 2017, 23:47

This has to be one of the most original dossier I've ever seen so far, congratulations.
This user plays as Ruben Dario / Makauu'Rel and Shepherd.

Gabe
Byond ID: Cobradude

Post by Gabe » 29 Aug 2017, 03:51

This is extremely well done and original. Colour me impressed, hope to meet you proper in game some time.
Apparently you brag about kills here, so... Times I've FF'd a marine at point blank with a shotgun: 3
Times a marine was stupid enough to disarm me whilst holding said shotgun, killing themself: 1
Image - Famous last words of whoever this was

DEAD: MOD(Robotonic) says, "Hawking I would give you a cookie if I could."

TheDonkified
Mentor
Mentor
Byond ID: TheDonkified

Post by TheDonkified » 29 Aug 2017, 04:05

Awesome dossier. I like the picture that you made especially.
Lother Jones Szer Nacly

davidofmk771

Post by davidofmk771 » 27 Oct 2017, 15:16

I updated this with a new picture and the first chapter of a little story i'm writing for Rooder. I hope you all enjoy reading it as I have had making it!

Thanteus
Byond ID: Thanteus

Post by Thanteus » 27 Oct 2017, 15:32

davidofmk771 wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 15:16
I updated this with a new picture and the first chapter of a little story i'm writing for Rooder. I hope you all enjoy reading it as I have had making it!
Well done, not everyone has the dedication to their dossier to majorly update it with a few more paragraphs. You ever planning on a relations section?
Luna "Firecracker" Thyatos
Just another trooper, here to do her job!

davidofmk771

Post by davidofmk771 » 27 Oct 2017, 15:40

Thanteus wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 15:32
Well done, not everyone has the dedication to their dossier to majorly update it with a few more paragraphs. You ever planning on a relations section?
Meh, I don't go in for that kinda stuff to much. Rooder is meant to be a relatively new addition to the Almayer crew when the rounds start, plus I like to let the character and my own IC actions speak for themselves, ya know?

BladeBr
Byond ID: blade2000br

Post by BladeBr » 28 Oct 2017, 20:48

"Oh, Rooder... Yeah, I remember this little marine, always walking around and annoying the shit out of me. I will put him on the brig...again."

That's my impression of Rooder. Heh.
Jason 'Punk' Crowmel - The guy that don't give a shit about what he does.

Former Rapey Ravager Hater.

davidofmk771

Post by davidofmk771 » 28 Oct 2017, 20:50

He may be reformed and under the spell of questionable W-Y rehabilitation methods, but David will always have a healthy disrespect towards authority which isn't his own (which is why you will never see 'Commander David Rooder').

BladeBr
Byond ID: blade2000br

Post by BladeBr » 28 Oct 2017, 20:58

That's what I like on him. Marine that challenges the oppressing system! Oh yeah!
Jason 'Punk' Crowmel - The guy that don't give a shit about what he does.

Former Rapey Ravager Hater.

VitorThauma
Byond ID: VitorThauma

Post by VitorThauma » 14 Nov 2017, 13:30

I really like the dossier, pretty original and nice looking.
Sarah Powers | Combat Medic
► Show Spoiler