The Commander is a roleplay role similar to other whitelisted roles. He or she is expected to uphold a higher degree of roleplay than is typically familiar to the average player. However, it has very little to do with how successful they are at winning a round. A Commander might do everything right and still lose the game. Commanders are not robusting round-winners. They do the best they can with what they have by utilizing leadership, tactics, and of course, roleplay.
There are explicit rules regarding a Commander's conduct which are officially stated in the Server Rules, Job-Specific Rules section. These rules, along with the Roleplay Guidelines, must be followed or the player risks losing their whitelisted status. There are exceptions, however. Due to the trusted nature of the role, good conduct and exceptional roleplay could lead to an order from Central Command that allows the Commander to bend or even break a rule in some cases.
In addition, the following requirements apply to all Commander applicants:
- The applicant's forum account must be at least 14 days old.
- The applicant must not have been banned for 3 days or more over the last 30 days.
- The applicant can not have any active jobbans for Marine/Crew roles. Xeno/Antag jobbans are ignored. Furthermore, there must be no Marine/Crew jobbans on the applicant's record in the last 30 days.
- The applicant must not already have a declined Commander Whitelist Application younger than 30 days.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 15 votes. <<<UPDATED
- Voters must have an account that is equal to or greater than 14 days old.
- At least 70% of the votes must be in favor of the applicant. <<<UPDATED
- An applicant can only edit their application post freely for 1 hour before it becomes locked to editing.
- Applicants may not vote for themselves.
- Post a new topic in this forum and fill out the supplied template in the body of the post.
- Within the same topic, you must create a poll by following the template EXACTLY as shown here.
All voters' usernames will be visible to everyone in order to determine the validity of each vote regarding the rules stated above.