Welcome to Colonial Marines!
Colonial Marines is a medium-roleplay Space Station 13 server inspired by the Aliens film and built from a heavily modified Baystation 12.
Colonial Marines Development Team
Hosts: Apophis (founder), Rahlzel
Head Developer: BMC777
Gameplay Design: Apophis, Rahlzel, BMC777, Feweh, forwardslashN
Repo Maintainer: Phil235
Coders: Apophis, Rahlzel, Abbysynth, Infernus, MadSnailDisease, forwardslashN, SnipeDragon, Dylanstrategie, BMC777, Hikato, Phil235, Spookydonut
Mappers: Abbysynth, Apophis, Allan, Infernus, Rahlzel, Minijar, BMC777, RavingManiac, Artouris, Snypehunter007
Spriters: Secretstamos (Joshuu), Arefrigerator, Monkeysfist, Infernus, Artouris, Gorg, NicBoone
Thanks to: Baystation 12, /tg/station 13, and the original SpaceStation developers
May 22 2018
- Defenders no longer able to use ladders while fortified.
- Defenders now completely immobile during fortify.
- Warriors can no longer neck grab and throw other xenos.
- Warrior punch no longer fractures robotic limbs, deals more damage to them instead.
- Warriors no longer instant neck grab predators.
- Warriors no longer able to break predator limbs with punch.
- Warriors now able to use regurgitate during agility mode.
- Warrior punch now has 100% chance to unsplint the limb that is hit.
- Added new below hangar deck on the Almayer for vehicle maintenance and storage as well as tank crew quarters.
- Pilot bunks moved to new underdeck.
- It looks like a weird box floating in space but just imagine it's part of the hangar and the below-decks ASRS isn't shown. If you are really struggling here's a REALLY REALLY bad picture.
May 21 2018
- Added a new T1 Xeno caste, the Defender.
Fortify - Enter an immovable, highly defensive stance.
Toggle Crest Defense - Raises or Lowers the Defender's crest. When lowered, Defenders gain a defensive boost but cannot use other abilities.
Tail Sweep - Knockback all adjacent Marines, possibly knocking them down as well.
Headbutt - Damage and knockback a Marine, can cause bone fractures.
- Added a new T2 Xeno caste, the Warrior. Evolves from the Defender.
Toggle Agility - Puts the Warrior into an agile stance with increased movement speed, abilities cannot be used in this stance.
Punch - A hard hitting punch that will break bones.
Lunge - Jumps a few tiles forward to a target, immediately puts the target in a chokehold.
Rip Limb - When grabbing someone in a chokehold, target a limb and upgrade the grab to rip the limb off after some time.
Fling - Casually toss away a Marine a few tiles, does light damage.
- Praetorian is now an evolution choice from Warrior, Praetorians have recieved buffs to health and speed, nerfs to acid spit range and speed, and a new acid spray ability that works similarly to a Boiler's but is a short range cone.
- Crushers now evolve from Warriors.
- Hunter's name has changed to Lurker.
- Crushers were losing armor when upgrading, upgrading now gives increased armor.
- Added new sprites for most Xenos. All new sprites courtesy of ARefrigerator and NicBoone. Special thanks to ARefrigerator for coming back just to work on this project.
May 20 2018
- Tanks are now 3x3 with the same sprites
in order to aid clunky movement
- Various tank-related bugfixes and QOL
improvements, including illumination and a bug with hardpoint damage
- Added snow variant of tanker things
- Minigun ammo for the tank can now me ordered
by the RO
- Added backup clips that can be loaded into
the tank due to short clip sizes, particularly of the main cannon
- Tanks can now only be re-supplied using ammo
ordered from the RO
May 19 2018
- End of round tracking addition
May 18 2018
May 17 2018
- Re-re-nerfed the flamethrower damage, but it now only affects BMC777 when he wields it. No one tell him. It'll be our little secret.
- Reverted the flamethrower damage change due to my clear Pyro Spec bias. Instead, Xenos are told to click resist to put themselves out when on fire.
- Flamethrower damage to Xenos has been greatly reduced. It no longer does 200+ damage in a single hit, likely killing the Xeno if they don't use Resist to extinguish themselves.
May 16 2018
- Added many new methods for lighting cigars and cigarettes, my two favourites are electrified airlocks and burning bodies.
- Fire extinguishers now put out cigars and cigarettes.
- Fixed issue with facehuggers never detaching somethings.
- Facehuggers no longer attach to zombies.
May 16 2018
- Sandbags no longer constructable on dropships.
- Barricades no longer able to be dragged onto dropships, with the dropship door and lockdown changes barricades on dropships only serve to delay the round where the Queen is attempting to call down and take over the dropship.
May 15 2018
- Inaprovaline and Dylovene no longer mix when inside the body to make Tricordrazine.
- Tricordrazine is now available to the Sleeper bed as an injectable chem.
- The main purpose of the above changes is to help prevent overdosing and to allow the helpful effects of both Inaprovaline and Dylovene at the same time. However, it is open to discussion whether or not this feature is more a hindrance than a help. I've opened a ticket on our Gitlab for further discussion and voting on whether or not this is a good change.
- New human "pain" sounds have been added to dull the occurrence of screams and the gap between pricking your finger and having your head melted by acid.
- Putting on and taking off marine armor suits now takes time to stop marines taking off armor to run faster.
- The M5 RPG can now be used on Almayer.
- Mines can now be used on the Almayer.
- Marine uniforms can no longer have their sensors disabled.
- HF2 Health Analyzer now fits in suit slot of marine armor.
- Using shift + middle mouse to point no longer examines too, shift + left click still examines.
May 14 2018
- Single-use zip cuffs added to SL and requisitions vendors for use when taking human enemies prisoner.
- When firing an unsilenced weapon, you will be lit by muzzle flash. This will mostly be visible only if you do not already have a light source.
- forcesay disabled due to breaking the server.
- Linked upper/lower deck powergrids and disposals.
- All reactors now on lower deck and feed power to upperdeck SMES.
- Added a lockerroom for the MTS.
- Made permabrig bigger and added stadium seating to execution chamber.
- Added shutters to stop players entering each ERT arrival area before an ERT shuttle arrives at that area.
- Brig cell lockers now outside the cells to make searching possessions easier and the detainment process quicker.
- Added buttons to research to allow airlock-like operation of the entry doors.
- Readded shutters to research (ooops).
- Glass briefing doors now access locked.
- Briefing flash now properly access locked.
- PDAs no longer spawn as roundstart equipment for shipside roles.
- Renamed LV colony areas to give a better idea of outdoor locations.
- Renamed Big Red colony areas to give a better idea of outdoor locations.
- Queen locator should work correctly on ice and almayer.
- Fixed ice colony bugs #2336 #2760 #2843 #2895.
- Fixed prison bug #2749.
- Fixed LV cargo dome having metal roof in exposed areas.
- Fixed LV bugs #2401 #2752 #2778 #2819 #3027.
- Fixed weird lighting/sight issue on some LV domes like research.
- Tasers no longer accept attachments.
- Fixed Big Red bugs #2384 #2730 #2904 #2913.
May 13 2018
- Adminhelps and private message replies now use the larger message text box. No more arrows keys to scroll back to reread your message or to check it for spelling and clarity. Message limit has stayed at 500 characters. We'll try this out and see how it goes. Let Rahlzel know if anything is broken or needs improvement if the engine is willing - the text boxes are either small or large with nothing in-between. (screenshot)
- The Health Analyzer's popup-window-mode is now enabled by default after improving the formatting. This mode can still be toggled on/off by right-clicking the Health Analyzer in your hand and selecting "Switch Hud", which will cause the analyzer results to instead be displayed in chat as usual.
- Using the 'Join as Xeno' verb in the Ghost tab no longer automatically enables the player's Xenomorph special role candidacy for those of you that are just window shopping.
May 10 2018
- Rearranged upper medical to add a 4th containment cell and make storing bodies in the morgue quicker.
- Added a one-way exit from the head of the REQs line. REQs staff have a button to forcibly eject people from the head of the line if they are taking too long.
- Made REQs barricade lines longer.
May 6 2018
- Dropships can no longer be locked down while on the Almayer.
April 19 2018
- Xenomorphs dragging bodies into flames ignites the xenomorph.
- Crusher stomp no longer damages corpses, and charging over corpses does no damage and slows the crusher a small amount. 100 bodies on the same tile will slow the same amount as 1 body to prevent marines using corpse walls.
- Acid spit no longer damages corpses.
- Leader pheromones and queen healing no longer work when not in the same level as the Queen, ice colony and almayer are both considered one level for the purposes of this change.
- Xenos don't heal or have their upgrade level progress when on a different level from the Queen.
- The intention of this change to make xenos on the Almayer a distraction and minor disruption instead of an unstoppable murder machine of mostly unarmed and noncombat players.
- Burrowed larva now only emerge one per minute.
- Examining a gun now shows status of safety.
- Confirmation added for Admin Almayer self destruct.
- Overwatch console now shows direction as well as distance to SL.
- New auto responses for admins.
- Overwatch console no longer has a CAM button, click the name to watch instead.
- Tweaks to unwielded accuracy of certain guns, reduced scatter from sniper rifles.
- Xeno ERT now launches automatically.
- UPP now start with their belt full of ammo.
- Most ERT weapons now spawn in suit storage.
- Fixes bloody larva disappearing when stunned.
- Fixes invisible tan bandana sprite.
- Marines no longer get teleported due to nesting.
- Fixed missing sprite when putting a vp78 pistol in a pistol belt.
- Handfuls of ammo no longer fit in pistol magazine pouches.
- CLF armor no longer invisible on mobs.
- Some minor fixes to girder -> wall building.
- Fixed m39 holster sprite when worn.
April 14 2018
- Mortars can now be deployed under glass ceilings
- Forcesay now triggered by damage, screaming, getting knocked down or falling unconscious. Forcesay message will vary depending on cause
- Queen no longer restricted by cooldown when hijacking shuttle
- Examining weeds now indicates the ceiling type of the area
- Ice colony underground hangar now considered to have no ceiling
- Prison station areas tweaked
April 7 2018
- Some gun changes:
- Most guns can now be fired either one-handed or two-handed (exceptions for things like rocket launcher, flamethrower, snipers)
- Guns behave differently when fired one-handed and two-handed. Attachments do not grant the same effects for both firing stances. e.g. a scope isn't going to help your accuracy if you are not aiming down sight.
- New gun attachments are introduced: underbarrel laser sight, mini scope, stock for smg, angled grip. And the gyro attachment now helps one-handed accuracy instead of making a gun one-handed.
- Quickfire attachment no longer fits on the M41A or M39.
- Firing a gun while having another gun in your other hand makes you fire both guns, with poor accuracy.
April 6 2018
- Disabled medhud for anyone not trained to at least medic level.
April 4 2018
- Xenomorph starting number increased.
April 3 2018
- Tweaked germs/infections from surgery, it is safest to operate using an operating table and with a surgical mask on.
April 2 2018
- Crusher base health has been increased. Crusher upgrade health has been significantly increased.
- Areas now each have a ceiling, which can be absent, glass, metal, underground, underground with metal, deep underground, or deep underground with metal. Ceiling type is indicated when examining a floor tile.
- OB can penetrate up to underground (but not deep underground) ceilings. CAS can penetrate up to glass ceilings (due to laser spot visibility). Supply drops can penetrate up to glass ceilings. Medevacs can penetrate up to glass ceilings. Mortars can penetrate up to metal ceilings.
- CAS, OB, supply drops, medevacs and mortars will generate ceiling debris based on ceiling type.
- Hull windows no longer indestructible - instead, pressure shutters will automatically close when the window is destroyed.
- Dropship airlocks now have a separate hijack and door override. The queen can override the doors from the LZ console, but not hijack the shuttle. The shuttle can be hijacked and the doors overidden from either the shuttle cockpit console or the passenger area lockdown button. There is no cooldown for the queen overriding the doors, but there is a cooldown for marines reversing the override.
- Hive status is unavailable if there is no living queen.
- Cleaned up areas on Big Red.
- Minor prison station alterations.
- Fixed bug which was preventing using guns in aim mode.
March 30 2018
- Fixed infection hud on xeno hosts disappearing after the larva is spawned inside them.
March 29 2018
- Fixed the issue with cryo consoles not working correctly with thanks to phil235 for working out the esoteric byond behaviour responsible.
March 27 2018
- Xenos on fire have any facehuggers in their hands die, stored huggers on carriers are unaffected.
- Ghosts now receive queen mother and word of the queen messages.
- Hive status now shows xeno leaders.
- Hive status now shows number of burrowed larva.
- SSD and ghosted xenos no longer get upgrade and evolution progress or count towards tier slots unlocking. They still take up t2/t3 slots.
- Fixed carrier related multi-hive bugs.
- Burning xenos now correctly emit light.
March 25 2018
- Dropship can now be locked from passenger-area lockdown button
- Dropship intercom channel names fixed
- Dropship can no longer be locked from LZ computer
- Dropship crash now produces more devastation in a tighter area
- Whistle sound quality improved
- Whistle in-mouth sprite reduced in size
March 21 2018
- SSD larva near the ovi'd queen now burrow back underground.
- Added 5 minute timer to taking over a larva.
March 20 2018
- Changed examine messages to be more detailed with regards to wound locations.
March 17 2018
- Whistles added. One in each SL vendor, as well as one in the CIC and one in the CO's quarters. Use these for coordination, or for telling your marines to listen up
March 19 2018
- Changed how larva get spawned both normally and via latejoins.
- Larva that burst from a nested host without a player controlling them burrow underground for later. Latejoin larva add to this tally of 'stored' larva.
- These 'stored' larva will spawn at the Queen when she is ovipositor and there is a player with xeno preference turned on.
- This is should encourage the Queen to either stay in ovipositor or regularly grow one to replenish losses and allow existing xenomorphs to evolve.
- If you attempt to join as xeno when none are available then your xeno preference is turned on for you, but not from the lobby latejoin screen.
March 17 2018
- Improved the corrupted xeno event.
- Fixed pred traps not dropping on xeno gib.
- Fixed label on bicard pill bottles.
- Fixed synths being able to heal themselves with nanopaste.
- Fixed issues with new dropship chairs and buckling/building nests.
- Stopped synths being husked.
- Fixed synthetic surgery flinching.
March 15 2018
- Significantly increased the role of Xenomorph Leaders. They are now limited in number based on Queen upgrade, but they will broadcast the Queen's pheromones around them as long as the Queen is on her ovipositor, even if not within current overwatch range. This allows them to act as true decentralized leaders instead of overwatch bookmarks and pseudo-medals.
- Fixed dropships.
- Dropship shutters removed, replaced with the ability to lock all doors.
- Doors can't be welded, hacked, melted or exploded.
- When the queen locks the shuttle all doors unlock and can not be locked.
- Shuttle doors all unlock on landing.
- The wall button in the passenger area can lock down the shuttle but only the pilot console can lift the lockdown.
- Shuttle passenger seats can now be folded down flat into the floor with a wrench.
- Seats can be smashed by xenos which flattens them and requires a welder and wrench to fix.
- Added new shuttle passenger seat sprites and animations by Nicboone.
March 14 2018
- All Requisitions order prices have been rebalanced to follow a more strict pricing rule. Now crates will cost anywhere from 20 to 100 points. Some crate contents were rebalanced to compensate.
- Increased base Xenomorph explosive stun resistance.
March 12 2018
- Significantly increased Drone plasma regen.
- Requisitions crates now increase in price by 8% everytime you order that crate to represent the limited supplies of the Almayer.
- Halved the amount of rounds available in M41A, M41A AP, and M39 ammo crates.
- Increased the cost of M41A AP ammo crates.
March 5 2018
- Moved prep uniform vendors.
- Added disposal to firing range.
- Added reqs access to inner reqs windoor.
- Fixed cic disposal connection.
March 1 2018
- All foreign bodies removal are now a bit faster.
- Xenomorphs now start with their XenoHUD on by default.
- APC construction and deconstruction should now be a bit better overall.
- Moved empty sandbags crate to Engineering category.
February 26 2018
- Added extra information to FF logs to assist admin decision making.
- If the larva in your body bursts, you will now be shoved into it regardless of Xenomorph preferences, mimicking current behaviour for Predators.
- Removed pushing walls as it no longer serves a purpose and can be used for chat/sound spamming.
- Cold temperatures, notably on Ice, will no longer slow you down above freezing threshold. This should make it so Marines are no longer slower by default compared to other maps.
- Hunger will now slow you sooner. Why not pack an extra snack ?
- Fixed gas masks and smartgunner harnesses not giving proper cold resistance.
- Fixed further issues with push code. Small Xenomorphs no longer trigger the bodyblock aid.
- Fixed being able to attack, slash, tackle, hug or punch people while resting.
- Fixed being able to mess with your inventory, mess with other people's inventories, and mess with IV drips, while resting.
- Fixed nest exploits allowing humans to free eachother.
- Fixed locker and bodybag stun stacking and locking people in place.
- Fixed Requisition airlock sprites when opened.
- Fixed Xenomorphs trying to cough/gasp in smoke and failing.
- Fixed typos in mortar shell naming.
- Fixed being able to spit corrosive acid on objects that have moved since beginning interaction.
- Fixed invisible MK2 grenade launchers when vending/spawning weapon.
- Fixed being able to move and explode dropship landing lights.
February 25 2018
- Large scale change to cryopods and item storage.
- You can no longer eject people out of cryopods/hypersleep, occupants can eject themselves still.
- A lot of junk that litters the cryoconsole storage is auto-deleted.
- Equipment now gets put in different cryoconsoles around the ship depending on who it was stripped from, there's one in each squad prep, one in medbay, one in upper engineering, one in the brig, and one in reqs.
- If you ghost before/after entering a cryopod it will swallow you immediately.
- Having a cigarette in your mouth during surgery now causes massive infections.
February 24 2018
- Made some of the ice colony ladders double ladders as an experiment.
- Tweaked cryo flooring to help new players find their prep rooms.
- Tweaked the new USCM logos.
- Fixed powerloop on aboveground ice colony.
- Fixed some mapping bugs on prison and almayer.
February 23 2018
- Tweaked medic and engineer slot formulae.
- Swapped landing light placeholder for a better placeholder.
- Added USCM logo to Almayer.
- Moved vents out from under tables on Almayer.
- Fixed #2429, Placed an intercom next to reqs.
- Fixed #2376, Moved south surgery blood vendor.
- Fixed #1790, Placed some training grenades in the firing range.
- Fixed #2430, Misplaced briefing display.
- Without a Queen, xenomorphs can neither communicate over hivechat nor recieve death notifications.
- Fixed a bug preventing items from spawning in ERT backpacks. They should feel a lot fuller now.
February 22 2018
- Added warning lights for the dropship landing zones.
- Added new clutter supply crates, cases, and barrels to the Almayer. Sprites courtesy of NicBoone.
- Swapped the old black goo splatter sprite for NicBoone's new one.
February 21 2018
- Added new predator autolathe sprite by the always amazing NicBoone.
- Added the new Pyrotechnician Specialist. New equipment sprites all courtesy of Josuu, new fire sprites courtesy of NicBoone.
- Added the Pyro Spec's new weapon, the M430-T (Flamer variant). This variant to the normal Flamer can accept regular flamer tanks as well as a new larger version of the tank that holds more fuel. In addition, this weapon can fire two new types of flamer fuel, the B and X fuel variants.
- Added B-variant M430-T fuel. This produces a green flame that is much weaker than normal, but covers a large area.
- Added X-variant M430-T fuel. This produces a blue flame that is much stronger than normal, and has a longer range than normal.
- Added the Pyro Spec's new backpack fuel tank. Carries a large amount of regular flamer fuel.
- Added the Pyro Spec's new M35 armor. The M35 armor is highly resistant to fire.
- Added a Pyro fuel crate to requisitions.
- Fire caused by regular Flamer fuel is weaker all around, particularly against humans.
- Decreased the price of the regular Flamer crate and decreased number of Flamers supplied to one.
- Ice Colony snow now melts by one layer on contact with Flamer fire.
- Added the M402 Mortar. This 80mm crew weapon needs basic engineering skill and a forward spotter, but will rain explosive and inciendary goodness at any point on the map. To use, simply set it down on the planet, aim it, then put shells in to fire away.
- The M402 Mortar can be purchased for 120 points at RO, with an ammo crate costing 40 points. Expect to crunch your budget to get one of those bad boys, probably forget extra sentries or flamers.
- Hunter pounce cooldown now longer, Runner pounce cooldown a bit longer. Pounce cooldown will be lower with further upgrades.
- Boiler is now a bit slower. Acid spray changed to be stopped by barricades but will damage them, stun lowered a bit.
February 20 2018
- 4 new Predator emotes added. Predators, use the IC > Emotes verb or type *help to see them.
- Improved Predator countdown sound.
- Experimental fix to ghost lights. There should no longer be any lights without sources. If those occur, please report them, if possible with the item that might have been the source.
- Added brand new fence sprites by Nicboone. These remplace fences on all maps but Prison, which has no fences. Big Red now has fences.
- Significantly increased roundstart weeding/Hive construction to make being a roundstart Drone less of a chore and kickstart the Hive in general.
- Added a lot of extra feedback to Overwatch consoles. It is also now visible to nearby players, so ghosts/the Commander can silently judge your decisions.
- Added nanopaste to the surgical trays.
- Shotgun slug knockback range increased significantly to make it competitive with buckshot.
- Removing a power cell from a sentry gun now requires a crowbar instead of a screwdriver.
- Larvas can no longer crawl under bolted or welded airlocks.
- Join Response Team verb moved to Ghost tab.
- Power Loader renamed to lore name. More actions will now show to nearby observers.
- Fixed ventcrawling while resting.
- Fixed atom smashing of non-standard attachments when restocking guns.
- Fix sprite swap for entrenching tools.
- Fix multiple loopholes allowing Xenomorphs to damage nested and infected hosts, notably related to charging and lethal projectiles.
- Fixed being able to fire OBs and SBs out of bounds. Fixed firing SBs inside walls.
- Fixed smacking sentries with the wrench while anchoring/unanchoring them.
February 19 2018
- Added experimental system to make it much harder to bodyblock Xenomorphs as a Marine.
- Added gas masks for every non-PFC role. Cargo also gets free starting gas masks.
- Re-added Upgrade Progress to the Xeno stat panel.
- Wheelchairs now slower, now slowdown when dragging, will stop moving if holding a gun. Integrity of limbs may or may not be guaranteed for combat wheelchairs, if you somehow still want to use them for that.
- Locker/bodybag delay has been significantly increased since people were still abusing it.
- Fixed a broken anti-meta chemical reaction.
- Fixed blowing up telecomms machinery and Marine vendors.
February 18 2018
- Reduce Xenomorph starting population.
- Second part of the Boiler rework. Boiler gas will no longer cause damage when you move inside it, and instead do fixed ticking damage. Boiler gas effects now scale based on the upgrade status of the emitting Boiler. Boiler gas will spread faster and further.
- Non-PMC gas masks now restrict vision. Gas masks made more reliable against Boiler gas, no longer need activated internals.
- Gas masks now count as acceptable cold protection equivalent to the coif.
February 17 2018
- Marines no longer have access to the common public frequency on their headset, and they now talk on their squad channel with ";". Other crewmembers of the Almayer still keep their access to the public frequency. Command still need to use :q,:b,:c,:d to talk in squad channels through their headset.
- Made some changes to the human sprite tones. Work is ongoing but hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
February 16 2018
- Made cryo larger to cope with the increased player counts.
- Fixed medics/engineers bypassing one locker limit.
- Actually increased total medic/engineer slots instead of just per squad limits.
February 15 2018
- Medic and engineer slots now scale with population, minimum 2 of each, maximum 3 engineers and 4 medics. Exact thresholds will be tuned based on observation.
- Medics and engineers can now only open one locker in their prep room each, no more raiding the others for supplies screwing over late joiners.
- Webbings for both and evac stretchers/defibs for medics are now in lockers instead of prep vendors.
- Medic preps now have two marinemeds.
- Defibs now give ghosted players a message when it starts charging instead of after defibbing. It also won't let you 'waste' defibs on people who are unable to be defibbed because they disconnected or are in another mob (like being picked for larva).
- Defibs now have 50% more uses.
- Fixed door into damage control supplies being on top of a wall.
February 13 2018
- Increased pred slots to 4.
- Redesigned the Character Preferences menu to look much cleaner.
- Blood types are now randomized based off realistic values on mob spawn.
- Implemented Joshuu's new Ethnicity and Body Type character preference selections, these take the place of skin tone.
- Added support for hundreds of new sprites for human body parts, courtesy of Joshuu.
- Pill Bottles now have Child-Locks. Normal Marines and non-medical crew are not smart enough to operate them.
- Added missing trauma kit to complete the surgical tray kit.
- Increased price of rocket crates to make the cost per individual rocket more reasonable.
- Added shared anti-spam cooldown to all zooming items.
- Fixed items appearing under Chemistry Dispensers and ChemMasters.
- Hyposprays and autoinjectors now need medical skill to use.
- Added small capacity versions of the tricord and tramadol autoinjectors that are usable by anyone, designed for self use, using them on others has a chance to jab yourself.
- Replaced the tramadol injector in the first aid pounch with one of each of the above mini injectors.
- Almayer's wall nanomeds now have 1 of each of these mini injectors, primarily designed for marines to restock their expended ones.
February 12 2018
- Re-added pred trap slowdown for on xenos.
- Fixed bug with defib changes that stopped ghosts getting a message about defib attempts.
- Fixed bug giving xenos two rolls per tackle to knock down a pred.
February 11 2018
- Cargo and Preparation general vendor inventories rebalanced across the board. Further tweaks may happen depending on results.
- Crusher and Queen explosive resistance is no longer absolute, they will instead enjoy a significant damage reduction. They are still immune to explosive stuns however.
- Added the surgical tray. The surgical tray will neatly store all the tools you need for your surgery needs, reducing clutter. These replace the massive mounds of surgical tools on the ship.
- Surgery crate will now contain two filled surgery trays.
- Give verb will no longer propose giving an item to yourself, and should respond immediately if only one person is next to you.
February 10 2018
- Pouncing xenos at a predator's front quarter are more likely to get bodyslammed.
- Predators are much harder to keep tackled down with tackle spam.
- Changed predator traps to disable certain abilities instead of giving a slowdown.
- Queen now gets Ravager delimb, Crusher explosive immunity, and Spitter-equivalent spit.
- Removed BFA from Scout rifle, removed Gyro from HPR.
- Screeching now immediately kills the Queen's charge.
- Queen now has a 15 seconds cooldown on all her active leadership abilities (Heal, Plasma, Xeno Leader Promote). This cooldown is shared between abilities.
- Add a 1.5 second nesting cooldown to make combat nesting a bit harder.
- Resin structures now take significantly less damage from bullets, melee and fire damage unchanged.
- Modified the contents of Medical Lockers.
- Updated labcoat sprites.
- Updated medical shoes slightly.
- Updated latex gloves slightly.
- Minor graphical changes to Medical Vending Machines.
- Modified the floor tiles in medical.
- Modified the crewcut haircut.
- Added new Hazmat suit icons.
- Modified the hazard vest icon.
- Testing new synthetic uniform.
- Updated large oyxgen tank icon.
- Modified medi-hud icon slightly.
- Modified the color tone of medical curtains.
- Updated the icon of nanopaste.
- Updated icon of the incision management system.
- Moved firing range to be next to chapel/north of medbay.
- Changed old firing range area to a shuttle maintenance area, MTs can now make enormous bars.
- Added non-functional ammo elevators to upper deck missile rooms.
- Added non-functional cargo elevator to hangar.
- Made CIC and Astronavigation last stands harder via mapping tweaks.
- Slightly thickened the hull at SD entrance to make SD defence more interesting.
- SD shutters now automatically open when shuttle crashes.
- #2274 Added a nanomed to CIC and basketball court.
- #2260 Moved CE's goggles and earmuffs to his locker, more light replacers and welding goggles add to engineering.
- #1653 Moved two cameras in REQs to give SOs better view of supply beacon pads.
- #1417 Partially added, firing range tweaks.
February 9 2018
- Large sound update focused on Xenos. 60+ new sounds - slashing metal (robots, power loaders), slashing flesh, building resin, breaking resin as a human, eggs destroyed, growls, bites, tail attacks, charging as a Crusher/Queen, buttoning up humans into nests, acid sizzling when an object is destroyed, 6 new roars, and more.
- Xenos - check the IC > Emotes verb or type *help in chat to see all the new emotes. They have been split up to allow players to pick and choose their favorite emote (hiss1, hiss2, etc) or you can simply use an emote without a number to have the game choose randomly for you (hiss). Remember, these can also be added as a macro for a bit more personalization (just don't spam them please).
February 8 2018
- New Autodoc sprite from NicBoone.
- Better deliniated manual and automatic mode on autodoc.
- Only humans fit in the autodoc now.
- Fixed a few interface bugs on autodoc.
February 6 2018
- Added 2 QC pill bottles to MarineMed vendors, 10u per pill.
- Added QC reaction, same as peridaxon reaction, except uses Kelotane instead of Bicardine and yields half as much. Subject to change.
- Changed contents of lifesaver bag to feature a better loadout featuring pills.
- Medics now get one lifesaver bag in their lockers instead of storage rig, LSB removed from medic prep vendor.
- Upped Bicardine pills to 15u.
- Forced the use of scalpel for necrosis surgery, IMS no longer works for it.
- Syringe cases no longer fit in lifesaver bags.
- Reduced lethality of coffee and the amount of coffee per cup.
- IV stands can no longer be used as cover or pushed by xenos.
- Fixed spelling of Chelation.
- Fixed bone repair surgery, you can't apply gel after setting the bone anymore.
- Added new Sentry sprites courtesy of NicBoone.
- Changed the way Sentry accuracy works, should be less accurate at longer ranges, more accurate at closer ranges, and now has the ability to miss outright.
February 5 2018
- Boilers now receive shorter cooldown on their abilities when upgrading.
- Boiler acid spray is now stronger and more reliable, it also becomes stronger when upgrading.
- Boilers neurotoxin smoke now causes slowdown to all mobs inside it.
- Dropship Shutter Button is now locked to Pilots or MPs, PFCs are welcome to stop touching it. Removed shutters in the cockpit as they are useless ever since you cannot breach cockpit windows anymore.
- Catwalks no longer weedable
- Prison weedability no longer determined by area
- Various changes to Prison. More catwalks, for one
February 4 2018
- Skill locked autodoc ejection and entry.
- Autodoc now does eye surgery and facial reconstruction.
- Autodoc will now clean up all surgical fuck ups that I can possibly imagine.
February 3 2018
- Prison changed. Piping and tiling was fixed up, and changes have been made to break the usual Marine Hive metarush strategy. Timelocks will also open sooner.
- Marine latejoins will now cause larvas to spawn to compensate, to prevent latejoin abuse to sap Xenomorph numbers, and to avoid punishing Xenos during the "latejoin round" (transition low pop to high pop).
- Xenomorph status panel will now give a rough estimate of affecting pheromone strength.
- Squad Leader replacement list should now only show up valid candidates.
February 1 2018
- Separated regular click and attack click response time. Attack clicks should remain unchanged, regular clicks should feel much more responsive.
- Runners and Sentinels are now slowed down less when pulling to assist them in their respective caste roles.
- Reworked Autodoc.
- Almayer has one Autodoc in south surgery hallway, additional ones might be added for events such as HvH.
- Automatic mode is idiot proof for newer docs, scan a patient in the body scanner then put them in the autodoc and press start to fix everything wrong with the person.
- Manual mode will fix everything of the selected surgery type, for example pressing broken bone surgery will fix all broken bones one by one.
- Automatic is slower than manual mode.
- The autodoc cannot do larva removal surgery.
January 31 2018
- Added new entry doors, control consoles, and animations to Ice Colony elevators, all sprites and animations courtesy of NicBoone.
- Significantly decreased time before Ice Colony elevators begin moving after start up.
- Sentry 360° fire mode removed.
- Sentry will now stop firing its burst immediately if the mob goes outside its firing angle.
January 30 2018
- M56D HMG can now fire again.
- Attack clicks are back to a much more reasonable cooldown, no more machine gun melee attacking.
- Turret statistics reworked to turn it into more of a suppresion weapon. Magazines now have 500-round drums and fire 10 shots per burst. Time between rounds and between bursts reduced significantly. Turret munitions now much less accurate and less damaging.
- MG Nests now deal more damage per hit to fit more of a damage dealer/crew weapon role.
- Added a roundstart timelock to the shuttles. It is now impossible to take off before 12:25. No need to rush it, Commander.
- Changed how Xenomorph hijacking works. The Queen using the groundside console now immediately locks the shuttle.
- Lock cannot be contested for the next 10 minutes, giving the Xenos plenty of time to board, make at home, and deal with cockpit humpers.
January 28 2018
- You can now buckle bodybags and cryobags to roller beds.
- 'fire mission' flight is renamed 'flyby' flight.
- Combat Medics now have Medevac Stretchers in their prep rooms.
- New dropship equipment: Medevac System. It's installed at the rear attach point instead of the crewserved MG. It is used in combination with medic's medevac stretcher to evacuate a wounded marine or a marine in a cryobag to the Dropship. The Medevac works as follows: a medic unfolds their medevac stretcher in a non-underground location on the planet, they buckle a marine or a bodybag/cryobag to the stretcher, they activate the stretcher's beacon via rightclick and wait. The dropship pilots now fly their dropship in 'flyby' flight, when in the air they use their console to select an activated stretcher, then they must go to the back of the dropship and click the Medevac System to activate its winch that will grab the stretcher, deliver its content to the dropship and drop the stretcher back to its original spot. The Medevac System has a cooldown of 1 minute between each use. Only Pilots can use the Medevac System, and only medically trained personnel can activate the stretcher's beacon.
January 26 2018
- Added armor and helmets to marine prep uniform vendors.
- Removed riot shield from spec vendor selection as it was a newbie trap.
January 25 2018
- Added a working scoreboard to basketball court, rad spriting by NicBoone. No three-pointers yet.
- New Queen charging sprite, courtesy of nicboone. Unleash the inner fast Queen in you today.
- Re-enabled Queen charge.
January 24 2018
- M4RA Battle Rifle can no longer accept MK2 pulse rifle magazines.
- Added M4RA Incendiary magazines and M4RA Impact magazines. MR4A Regular magazines now have higher armor penetration.
- Scout Specialist now starts with 4 regular magazines, 2 incendiary magazines, and 2 impact magazines.
- Scout ammo crate is now 3 regular magazines, 1 incendiary magazine and 1 impact magazine for 30 points.
- Scout Specialist can no longer use shotguns.
- M41AE2 HPR crate now contains 1 loaded HPR and 1 spare magazine for 60 points. Magazine size increased to 300 rounds to match lore capacity.
- Explosions now do way more damage to humans. Try and go light on the explosive stupidity.
- Explosive damage should deal more reliable damage against Xenomorphs.
- Added some items to the cabinets in dorms on ice colony.
- Fixed the cabinets in ice colony dorms turning into lockers when opened.
January 23 2018
- Added blindfold and cigarettes to execution room.
- Added an APC monitoring computer for the lower deck.
- Added some lights to dark spots around Almayer.
January 22 2018
- Fixed Marines being able to interact with things next to them while nested.
- Fixed shift clicking on guns in inventory also taking them out of the inventory slot.
- Fixed tactical binoculars not targetting (Ctrl+Click while zoomed to target things now).
- Fixed clicking on inventory overlay of an item not counting as clicking the item.
- Ventcrawling works again using Alt+Click.
- Clicking on a storage panel with an item stores the item in the panel.
- Pointing works again with Shift+MiddleClick.
- All gun special actions should work now when the use special action button is pressed.
- Predator hunting traps now drop when a corpse is fully butchered.
- Predators are no longer slowed massively by snow on Ice Colony.
- M4A1 MK2 mags brought back to 40 rounds. M39 SMG mags brought back to 48 rounds.
January 21 2018
- Fixed modified clicks performing their modified function plus the regular click function.
- Extremely experimental click changes to improve click response. Report all bugs to the forum thread. Anything that used to be double click is now ctrl+middle click.
- Stasis mobs no longer blind/sleep their occupant, you are just knocked down instead.
- Queen can now charge like the Crusher, to match her mobility in the movies. This includes everything charges usually achieve.
- Queen now has an armored crest like the Crusher, directional.
- Pounce freeze durations have been fixed. Runner should now be much shorter, Hunter a little bit shorter.
- LMG Crate now costs 75 points, up from 40.
January 20 2018
- Xenomorphs can no longer secrete resin structures on top of another living xenomorph.
- Hivelords can no longer secrete multiple resin structures simultaneously.
- Machete is buffed against weeds and sticky resin.
- You can now examine cryobags to see the scan report of the marine inside.
- Fixed a bug letting you see scan reports without a medhud.
- Scan reports no longer printable to remove powergaming from non-medical roles.
- Quickclot now stops internal bleeding getting worse, will tweak if people aren't using this to self-evac instead of being cryobagged.
- Clicking the body scanner with an empty hand will eject the occupant.
- Scanner console is now density 0 the same as the sleeper console.
- Cryobags will now reject dead bodies, opening automatically.
January 19 2018
- Surgery tools cannot be labelled.
- Fixed #2083, Fixed #2045, M4RA no longer random spawn.
January 18 2018
- Reduces fumbling time when using the health analyzer and repairing the fusion engine.
- Squad Specialists can no longer use specialist weapon types other than their own weapon type. If you choose the sniper kit, you can't use the SADAR.
- Splinted limbs now show up on medical scanners.
- New floor decals for medbay by NicBoone.
- Added more gloves and masks to medbay.
- Fixed the surgery holosigns.
January 17 2018
- HF2 Hand Scanner can now be toggled to show the results in a new window, defaults to off.
January 16 2018
- Repositioned some things in chemistry and added more disposals to medbay
January 15 2018
- Revamped Almayer Medbay to have four spacious operating rooms.
- Now contains 5 body scanners (up from 2) and 4 blood machines (up from 2).
- Surgery hallway is now medical-access only, marines can press a button to leave but cannot enter unescorted.
- New APC zones, Cryo tubes/coolers and surgery hallway are now separate areas, with their own APCs.
- Added disposals to the operating rooms.
- Added 6 cryopods for use on the tide of SSD marines that wash up in medbay, locked behind two layers of medical access doors.
- Re-added the surgery holo signs, turn them on when you're using an OR (or don't).
- Medbay is now a rectangle again.
- GAU 30mm ammo lockers relocated to the north wall of hangar replacing the un-used Almayer Dropship Central Computer Room.
January 14 2018
- Marines that are not medics now take time to apply ointment, bandage, advanced trauma and burn kits and the resulting healing effect is reduced (non medics don't know how to use advanced kits properly)
- Medics now take less time than other marines to make someone ingest a pill.
- Reduced the size of the xeno upgrade level chevrons on the xeno hud.
- Xeno Leaders now get a big green arrow when pointing, just like SLs.
- Fixed (for real this time) xeno upgrade chevron not disappearing from the hud when the xeno dies.
- Stationary Queen's pheromone is no longer global, it is now identical to the mobile queen pheromone except it is centered around the xeno she's currently observing.
- IMS added to surgery crates.
- Large ammo boxes can no longer be used while equipped or held, no more HPR + ammo box powergaming.
- HF2 Medical scanner now puts an asterisk next to untreated wounds and reports open surgical incisions.
- Effects of recovery and warding pheromones weakened across the board.
- Increased size of bandages, ointments, trauma kits and burn kits from 5 to 10 uses.
January 13 2018
- Fixed #1995, stasis bag description no longer mentions genetic damage.
- Welders can now be put inside welder backpacks.
- Fixed #1505, screwdrivers now work as the ghetto alternative for bonegel on skulls.
- HF2 medical scanner now shows missing limbs and SSD.
- ID computer now logs certain actions for admins.
January 12 2018
- The Queen must now provide a reason for de-evolving a xeno, the xeno will be given this reason.
- Added Nicboone's new elevator sprites to Ice Colony.
- Restructured Research in Ice Colony to accommodate the new elevator sprites.
- Self Destruct Room is now locked down until the self destruct is enabled.
- Admins can now deny distress beacons in a more obvious fashion.
January 11 2018
- Body scanner now pings and displays a message when it stores a scan report.
- Xeno players now get a global message when the queen grow/sheds her ovipositor and the status panel displays whether progress is paused do to it.
- Humans can now plant eggs in the containment cells in research.
January 10 2018
- Fixes upgrade level signs on hud not being removed when xeno dies.
- Changes Crusher's stomp animation.
- Hivelord can only hold one unplanted eggs.
- Carrier get a new ability to store unplanted eggs. 3 max at Young, 6 at Ancient.
- Planted egg now needs to grow for a few seconds before they can be used.
- Fixes praetorian's sticky resin being able to land on turf that has resin structures on it.
- Remove the resin membrane from the list of possible resin structures.
- The ability to change the type of resin structure you build now works by cycling through the options instead of having to select a type in a list on a window.
- Queen can now overwatch xenos in pipes.
- When inside pipes, the pipe system now appear above objects like doors for better visibility, and is slightly transparent.
- Upgrading no longer stops you from evolving, you don't keep your upgrades when evolving.
- Queen de-evolving a xeno now compensate the xeno by giving it one upgrade level (Mature Crusher -> Elite Hunter).
- Upgrading is now automated, as soon as you hit the threshold you auto-upgrade (must be at full health). Evolution and Upgrade have separate thresholds.
- Scan reports are now stored to medical records once viewed in the scanner console, people trained in the use of medhuds can now view the latest scan report on file.
January 9 2018
- Boiler's acid smoke is back.
- Boiler's nonlethal smoke is now orange.
- Resin holes with a hugger now make the victim trip and fall, and the Carrier who planted it now senses when a trap is triggered and is given the trap's area name.
- Carrier's hugger mechanic is modified. Using the Throw Hugger ability now puts a hugger in your hand if it is empty. If you have a hugger in hand it throws that hugger. You can directly store a hugger by using that ability on a hugger on the ground next to you. Carrier can now pick up huggers normally like drones. Clicking a hugger in your active hand stores it.
- Removing a hugger from a resin hole puts it directly in your hand. instead of on the ground.
- The Queen gets a lot of new abilities when in stationary mode, all linked to the xenomorph she's observing. She can now heal, give plasma, assign leadership, give a direct order, and de-evolve the xeno she's currently observing.
- The xeno hud now shows: upgrade level, leadership token, whether the queen is currently watching you.
- The queen's automated egg production no longer cost plasma.
- Stasis bags and Cryo Tubes now prevent blood loss while the patients are in stasis.
- Stasis bags now prevent internal bleeding from progressing as long as they are left inside the cryobag, cryo tube behaviour on this unchanged.
- Added a Scout Ammo crate from Req containing M4RA ammo.
- Changed the Heavy Weapons crate from Req to the LMG Crate.
- Complete rework of the Specialist Scout subclass, all sprites courtesy of Joshuu.
- Scout loadout now uses the M4RA Battle Rifle as it's primary weapon.
- Scout loadout now comes with own custom M3-S light armor and helmet.
- Scout loadout now comes with a new Scout Cloak item. This fits on the backpack slot when the rest of the Scout armor is equipped. The Cloak allows the wearer to turn invisible, similar to Predators, for a short period of time. This action can be activated from the Scout action bar that appears after equipping the Cloak.
- Scout loadout now provides a small amount of C4.
January 8 2018
- Added ability to scan patients while they are still inside stasis bags without opening the bag.
- Added ability to put patients directly into advanced scanners and onto operating tables from inside a stasis bag. Do this by grabbing the stasis bag, then clicking on the table or scanner.
- Queen global pheromone strength reduced.
- Boiler gas attack reworked. The neurotoxic gas cloud does not stun or damage, but temporarily blinds. The corrosive attack deals immediate damage in a radius without a gas cloud.
- Gas masks removed from marine lockers.
January 7 2018
- The Xenomorph Queen gameplay is overhauled. You no longer click an ability to lay eggs, you now use an actual ovipositor. The "lay egg" ability is replaced by a "grow ovipositor" ability. Once your ovipositor is grown you cannot move and your abilities changes. The Queen now passively lay eggs and those eggs must be picked up and planted on weeds by the hive castes (Drone, Hivelord, Carrier, Queen). The planted eggs start already grown. The Queen gains new ability when in egg laying mode. She can toggle a wider vision mode and she can overwatch a xenomorph. The Queen pheromones are stronger and affect all xenomorphs when in egg-laying mode. The Queen can detach herself from the ovipositort. After that, the Queen must wait 5 minutes before being able to grow a new ovipositor. The Xenomorphs evolution progress stop when the Queen is not in egg-laying mode.
- All zoom modes no longer change your HUD to the 'reduced' mode.
January 5 2018
- Thermite recipe has been disabled.
- Water recipe is now H2O, instead of HO2 (Hydroperoxyl).
January 4 2018
- Removed many haircuts that don't fit CM's style.
- Removed the option to choose to have your character spawn with robotic limbs.
- Changed the default haircut from "Bald" to "Crewcut".
- Completely removed the small but frequent amount of organ damage Quick Clot and Peridaxon would cause with normal doses.
- Fixed a bug that made writing on paper impossible.
- Slightly widened the Almayer's Surgery Hallway and added beds to the new space.
- Command staff and MP's now have access to both doors at the ends of the Almayer's Research Hallway.
January 3 2018
- Changed how Peridaxon and Quick Clot work. Peridaxon now stops most symptoms from internal damage without fixing them. Quick Clot now stops all bleeding but doesn't fix it. Dosages and overdose thresholds unchanged.
- Peridaxon and Quick Clot now both come in doses of 10u, and OD at 15u.
- Added Peridaxon to the Marine Medical Vendors.
- Added Incision Management Systems to the Surgery Rooms.
- Bone surgery made one step faster by removing final bone patching step.
- Chance of receiving internal bleeding wounds reduced significantly.
- Ice colony telecomms moved to southwest of the hangar, below the container yard.
- Prison station west monorail station now uses (unopenable) transit shutters in the doors instead of walls.