Welcome to Colonial Marines!
Colonial Marines is a medium-roleplay Space Station 13 server inspired by the Aliens film and built from a heavily modified Baystation 12.
Colonial Marines Development Team
Hosts: Apophis (founder), Rahlzel
Head Developer: Bmc777
Gameplay Design: Apophis, Rahlzel, Bmc777, Feweh, forwardslashN
Coders: Apophis, Rahlzel, Abbysynth, Infernus, MadSnailDisease, forwardslashN, SnipeDragon, Dylanstrategie, Bmc777, Hikato, Phil235
Mappers: Abbysynth, Apophis, Allan, Infernus, Rahlzel, Minijar, Bmc777, RavingManiac, Artouris, Snypehunter007
Spriters: Secretstamos (Joshuu), Arefridgerator, Monkeysfist, Infernus, Artouris, Gorg, NicBoone
Thanks to: Baystation 12, /tg/station 13, and the original SpaceStation developers
September 19 2017
- Carriers get a new ability: "Place Trap". For 200 plasma you can place a resin hole on weeds. This hole can store a facehugger, just like an egg, and lets the facehugger ambush humans.
- Re-piped the Almayer.
- Removed the hovering air alarm near the southern Almayer ladders.
- Fixed Brig disposal chute ejecting its contents.
September 18 2017
- Increased Crusher bullet deflection.
- Increased Crusher health.
- Increased Ravager health.
- Increased Crusher and Ravager health regen when standing on weeds (not resting).
September 17 2017
- Xeno's tail attack is now an action button.
- Drone and Hivelord get the transfer plasma ability again. You now activate the ability like Pounce, select the ability and click a target to transfer a fixed plasma amount to another xeno at a certain range after a small delay. Hivelord transfers more plasma, at longer range, and faster.
- Secrete Resin is now an active ability, like Pounce, it uses shift click or middle click. Hivelords can now secrete resin on tiles adjacent to them. They can also upgrade existing resin structures to their stronger version if it exists. Hivelord's Secrete Resin cost is increased.
- Xeno abilities are now using action buttons, just like items like marine armor light. Most of those abilities are removed from the Alien tab in the top right corner, which means no more macro with those abilities. Some of those abilities can now be selected via their button and then used using middle click or shift click (Pounce, Stomp, Spit, Charge, etc). The 'secrete resin' ability is now split into two: 'choose resin' to select which type of resin structure you want to secrete, and 'secrete resin' to actually build that structure. Secreting resin now takes time, something around 1 second (and less for the Hivelord). Toggling dark vision is now a button next to the health and plasma.
- Praetorian's sticky resin spit is no longer its own ability but is now a different type of spit. It's also changed from a 3x3 sticky resin coverage to a single tile but the cooldown is reduced accordingly.
- You can no longer tunnel through or destroy rock walls.
- Reduced the Queen's plasma cost of laying eggs from 500 to 400.
- Increased Carrier's max number of facehuggers carried from 6 to 8.
- Decreased Carrier's delay between throwing facehuggers.
September 16 2017
- Xenos can now regenerate plasma when wounded and on weeds. This will happen at full rate regardless of health.
- Xenos will now heal much faster if resting on weeds, and significantly slower if standing on weeds.
- Xenos will now regenerate mainly using Warding pheromones when critically wounded. This will be slower than healing when resting.
- Healing ffects of regeneration pheromones have been made more consistent.
- Transfer Plasma has been removed. Xenomorphs will now have to rely on their innate plasma regeneration and the effects of the Regen pheromone.
- Added more walkways around Big Red.
- Re-piped and rewired all the piping and wiring on Big Red so it no longer runs under walls.
September 15 2017
- Fixed LV engineering not distributing power to the rest of the colony.
- Fixed the CIC disposal chute ejecting its contents.
- Made Big Red LZ1 harder to defend.
- Made Big Red LZ2 easier to defend.
- Xeno weeds can no longer spread to, or be planted on, Big Red dirt tiles.
September 12 2017
- The Crew Manifest now splits marines in squads.
- Fixes the Nuke explosion cinematic not playing when the Self Destruct system explodes.
September 11 2017
- Added Medal System. Commander can use the computer to submit an award. The awards appear after the game, and print-out an actual award that can be pinned onto players. Abusing the system or making tons of fake awards will results in removal from Commander.
- Fixed CMO unable to use flash
- Fixed issue of magazines and gun sprites
- XO and CO engineering skill increased to Combat Engineer level.
September 10 2017
- Response Teams now have a basic skillset including construction, basic medical, and badassery at CQC.
September 8 2017
- Medical HUD glasses now lets you add holographic cards on the patients you examine for triage purposes (same way that you mark criminals as 'wanted' with security HUD glasses). You can get rid of a holo card on you by simply clicking yourself.
September 6 2017
- :i will now cause you to speak into adjacent intercoms without having to toggle the microphone
- Tape recorders will use italics to distinguish regular speech from into-radio speech
- Into-radio speech eavesdrop range increased from 1 to 2
- Objects can now hear speech beyond the tile the object is on
- When speaking into a radio, regular speech will appear in chat panel before radio message, instead of after
- Donor items will now spawn in storage correctly
September 4 2017
- Briefing Shutters button in Briefing removed. Get the MPs to work the checkpoints
- All ERTs with pistols on their belt now get a pistol belt loaded with ammo. If they had pistol ammo pouches, they were replaced with primary ammo pouches
- Inverted plasma regeneration for hiding Runners. Will now regen on weeds, will no longer regen off weeds. If winding up tail, you will no longer get passive tick either
- You can now log into communications console with the ID in your ID slot
- Pen label sizes are now on part with hand labeler labels at 26 characters
- Fixed not being able to label buckets with pens
- Fixed rock outcroppings interacting weirdly with weeds
- Fixed CE closet having an incorrect unlocked sprite
- Fixed weird wall setup in Quarantine
- Fixed all the resin walls and resin membranes on LV
August 25 2017
- Added Nicboone's new Xeno wall, membrane, and door sprites.
August 23 2017
- New storage UI for backpacks, satchels, boxes and pill bottles
August 21 2017
- Defibrillator no longer requires you to remove the patient's uniform, just the suit/armor.
- Split Medical Crate into First-aid kit Crate and Medical Crate (syringe,bottles,autoinjectors).
- OB is buffed. Fatty and Napalm rockets are nerf so they don't make OB obsolete.
- Pill bottle in smartfridges now show their label.
- Pill bottles now get randomized sprites, just like the pills currently. Each round the pill bottle of a certain type is a different color, but all pill bottles of that type will be of that color this round. This helps medics and doctors identify pill bottles at a glance.
- Syringe and beaker fillings now take the color of the liquid they hold.
- Cryobag no longer inflicts genetic and brain damage onto its patient.
August 19 2017
- Humans trained with firearms can now do tactical reloads by clicking and dragging a magazine (whether on ground, in hand, or in a storage) onto their gun held in hand.
- Squad Leaders and higher officers get a big green arrow when pointing, they also have less cooldown for pointing.
- The Fatty rocket was changed.
- Pistol pouches are no longer in marine vendors. They are in Medic Vendor, SL Vendor, Cargo Vendor.
- Non medically trained personel can ingest pills again, but they do not recognize the type of pill they're taking. They also do not recognize pill bottle labels. Pills and pill bottle names are now nondescriptive and they must be examined to know what type they are.
August 18 2017
- Added a skill system that determines ability to use certain things such as the Powerloader, c4, defibrillator, or do certain actions like performing surgery or hacking machines, along with buffs or debuffs to weapon statistics. Skills are based off role.
August 15 2017
- pockets can now hold small items again.
- You can place items into your backpack while it's on your back again (but still can't take things from it while on your back).
- Standard marine, specialist, and smartgunner now start with a satchel instead of a backpack.
- Light ammo pouch is removed. General pouches can now hold rifle&smg magazines.
- Flare pouch in vendors now starts full of flares.
- Webbings can hold rifle&smg magazines again.
- Helmet can now hold any type of glasses (instead of just marine goggles).
- Small explosive pouch is removed, the large explosive pouch become "explosive pouch".
- Belts are no longer necessary to equip pouches.
- Fixes survivors not spawning with their survival pouch.
August 14 2017
- You now have an option in right-click menu to toggle how worn pouch behave when clicked with an empty hand. It can either open the storage menu, or take the first item inside the pouch. The first option is the default one for all single-slot pouches.
- Marine standard belt now only has 5 slots. Satchels are available at marine vendor.
- Xenomorph now have their own hud to detect which human is dead or infected.
- Xenos also have a toggleable status HUD to see the health and plasma level of xenos.
- Ghost now have access to med HUD, sec HUD, squad HUD, xeno status HUD. All toggleable.
- Predator mask now give the predator a medical HUD.
- New pouch system. The pocket slots are now mostly used to attach pouches. You can still insert items in your pockets directly but they will only accept tiny ones. Pouches are specialized storages that can only take certain items depending on the pouch type. You need to wear a belt to have pouches in your pocket slots. Pouches are found in various vending machines, cargo crate, and in some job closets.
- Various nerfs to other storages. Backpack can now hold less items. Backpacks and satchels now are funcitonally different, backpack can hold more but they cannot be opened and interacted with while worn on your back.. Pockets can now only accept tiny items except for pouches.
- Storage objects now show when they are full, the storage rectangle now turns orange then red when nearly full and completely full respectively.
- Fixes grilles appearing on top of reinforced windows.
- Some items are now bigger. Flare packs (M94) no longer fit in your armor, webbing, helmet or pocket slot. To compensate, the flare pack now contains 5 flares. Rifle and smg magazines no longer fit in your webbing or helmet or pocket slots. Knives and pistol ammo no longer fit in your pocket or helmet.
- Ammo magazines can no longer be refilled by inserting them in vending machines. They can only be inserted in vending machines whel full. You can now insert guns and ammo by directly clicking the vendor with the item.
- Marine vendor no longer contains AP ammo. Some can be found in the cargo vendors.
- Medical belt can now hold roller beds. Pistol belt can now hold four magazines.
- Changed some items size from small to tiny.
- M41A magazines now only contain 32 rounds. M39 mags contain 40.
- Cargo changes. Ammo crate orders are made cheaper. Specialist ammo crate is split into power pack crate and sniper ammo crate. Added pouch crate, shotgun ammo crate, and flare pack crate. Cargo ammo vendors no longer start nearly empty. Added a big ammo box for rifle AP ammo, and added a cargo crate for it.
- Most Pouches come in three sizes: light (1 slot), medium (2 slot), and large (3 slot). Pouches types are as follows: general pouch can hold small items, magazine pouches can hold certain magazines, firstaid pouch can hold ointment, gauze and autoinjector, flare pouch can hold flares, medkit pouch can hold one medkit, bayonet sheath can hold one knife, medical pouch can hold most small medical supplies, construction pouch can hold most contruction materials, electronics pouch can hold powercells and circuitboards, pistol pouch can hold a pistol, explosives pouch can hold grenade, c4 and mines, document pouch can hold papers, Survival pouch contains a painkiller pill, a crowbar, bandages and a flare, syringe pouch can hold syringes.
- Ghosts now have a 'toggle zoom' verb.
August 11 2017
- Added more briefing shutters to block access to the ladders so that marines can't dodge pre-briefing lockdown.
August 10 2017
- Added a firing range.
- Added an execution chamber.
- Relocated the isolation cell and added another isolation cell.
- Added four more normal brig cells.
- Relocated and redesigned CIC (Thanks Feweh)
- Relocated fluff particle cannons to the upper deck and merged the weapons and navigational rooms.
- Removed wall blocking the entrance to upper deck engineering storage.
- Properly set the correct three point lines on the basketball court. Now all Almayer personnel can play a correct game of basketball.
- Relocated the AI to match the new location of the CIC.
- Command announcements now have an expanded box, notably allowing the use of an elusive literary technique known as "line breaks".
- Added basic headsets to prisoner lockers and Security vendors. Remember, headsets are a right.
- Bicardine is now dosed 10u instead of 5u by default.
- Welding Tool is now universally replaced by Blowtorch. First term doesn't exist. Depending on use, it can be a real blowtorch or an oxy-fuel cutter really.
- Word of the Queen is now sanitized. HTML tags should no longer work (don't put them in, they'll appear in plain text).
August 8 2017
- Added a Self-Destruct Control Room.
- Self-Destruct room walls are now unmeltable.
- Added a lobby to upper engineering.
- Recolored the Almayer upper deck aft hallway tiles.
August 7 2017
- Relocated self-destruct room.
- Relocated and redesigned upper engineering.
August 5 2017
- Adds whitelisted 'Synthetic' job.
August 4 2017
- Dropships gets multiple changes. Dropships now have a wider cockpit. The cockpit computer is now split into three consoles. One is for cameras, one for flight controls and door controls, and the last console controls the equipment and weapons. Pilots can now operate the dropship shutters from the cockpit, they can also lock the side doors. Normandy gets a half finished new color, to be finished. Dropship shutters and side doors get new sprites. There are now four pilot jobs available (pilot plus copilot).
- Some changes to laser targeting. Laser gets a new sprite. Removed the possibility of dropship ordnance to never reach the groun when the laser target disappears before impact. Just before impact, a blinking green laser appear on the tile that will be hit and a sound is heard.
- The dropship parts fabricator now works. It gets points with time, and you can buy new equipment and ammo with it, including stuff not available at roundstart.
- Added new dropship equipment. A laser detector electronics that lets you see the laser targets on the ground via the cockpit camera console while in the air. A LZ detector electronics that lets you see all LZs on the ground while in the air. New rocket, minirocket and 30mm ammo types. New laser beam gun.
- Certain dropship weapons can now be fired even when in transport mode.
- All marine helmets now have a built-in camera. These can be jumped between via the Overwatch console's Squad Monitor window. Special thanks to NeroCavalier and Jay Burns for their help during testing.
August 3 2017
- Added four boxes of nades to Requisition's weapon vendor (back room).
- Grenade launchers now start fully unloaded.
August 2 2017
- You can now only go down a ladder once at a time.
- You can no longer close a crate if someone is standing inside it.
- Xenomorphs can no longer evolve using stored evolution when the Queen is dead, except for Drone evolving into a new Queen and Larvas in general.
- Fixed attaching and detaching IV drips when in an improper state.
- Fixed being able to finish going down ladders when in an improper state.
- All designated ERT Medics should be able to use their defib now.
- Fixed multiple issues with crates being pushed over things they shouldn't be (eachother/window frames/tables).
- Fixed climbing shortcut not working on crates.
- Fixed deconstructed Almayer windows being invisible. For the record, repair works fine, just slap sheets of reinforced window on the frame.
- Fixed being able to stack pheromone windows to quickswitch pheromones and bypass some checks. Stacked windows will no longer do anything.
- Fixed being able to stack Overwatch squad selection windows and thus disabling squads. Stacked windows will no longer do anything.
- Fixed statis bags blocking revive in most cases due to a defibrilator check being too strict.
- Fixed wood floors being invisible on the ship.
- Fixed Hivelords not appearing in the Hive Status.
- Fixed obsolete uniform in the Officer Dress closet.
August 1 2017
- Weapon attachments can now be reloaded. The masterkey shotgun needs shotgun buckshot, the underslug grenade launcher needs M40 HEDP grenades, and the mini flamethrower needs a flamethrower tank.
- Using those attachment is no longer 'single use', i.e. if you fire the mini flamethrower once you're no longer automatically switched back to the main weapon. However if the attachment is empty and you try to use it you're automatically switched back to the main gun.
- To reload those attachments: if detached you simply click it with the appropriate ammo, if attached to enable the attachment and click the gun with the ammo. Beware: you can no longer reload the primary gun with those attachments toggled on. You can now see exactly how much ammo is left in the attachment by examining the gun it's attached to.
- To compensate for this new ability, those three attachments have been nerfed.
- the masterkey now shoots buckshot instead of slugs.
- Praetorians now spit thin sticky resin. Thin sticky resin has less health and slows less than regular sticky resin.
July 30 2017
- Praetorian sticky resin spit no longer places sticky resin on top of walls and objects it shouldn't.
- Almayer Research containment cells can no longer be melted by acid.
- Xenos spitting acid on walls is no longer instant.
- Predators are resistant to knockdowns and stuns.
July 25 2017
- Resin structures built by Hivelords are much stronger.
July 24 2017
- Cryo Hot-fix. There's a pipe that will be disconnected. Connect it and it will force-start cryo. Better Fix coming soon.
July 23 2017
- The Hive Status was updated with an abridged readout and is now ordered by caste. It will list Larvas, but it won't list dead Xenos anymore.
- The Overwatch Console's Squad Monitor now sorts by role, instead of spawn order, as according to wiki listing (SL, Spec, Medic, Engi, Smarty, Marine). It also has an abridged list of roles in the squad.
July 21 2017
- Removed ability to speak Sol Common.
- Fixed Researchers not being able to use defibs.
- Fixed one extra Research job slot being available than originally intended.
July 20 2017
- Added snow icons for the M44 holster.
- Modified the M42A Scoped Rifle sprite to be cleaner and more lore-accurate.
- Modified the MK221 to be more lore accurate. Made the attached grenade launcher more apparent.
- Fixed an issue with SO caps looking odd backwards.
- CO now has a custom Mateba.
- SOs now have slightly fancier M4A3s.
- Added Mateba holsters.
- Tweaked speedloader icons to be more clean.
- Added new belt-slot wear icons for holsters.
- Added new suit-storage wear icons for holsters.
- Tweaked medical scrub icon a little. Experimenting to see what works.
- Added Nic's marine boots icon.
- Added snow variants for the M37 stock.
- New survival knife sprite so people yell at me less.
July 19 2017
- Xeno Emote Cooldown reduced.
July 18 2017
- Removed text from Xeno Dance.
- Added Xeno Emote Cooldowns.
- Extended Dance Spin.
- Xenos can not move while dancing.
July 17 2017
- Added Ice uniforms for the XO.
- Added Ice uniforms for the SO.
- Added ice uniforms for the PO.
- Added Ice uniforms for the XO.
- Made the marine underwear sleeveless so that guy in minichat can show off his guns.
- Changed the doughnut sprite to include less sodium.
- Testing a new sterile mask sprite because some guy yelled at me.
- Added new wear icons for the marine belt.
- Testing a new M37 1-handed sprite.
- Slightly changed the M4A3 sprite.
- Added snow versions of the M37 holster.
- Changed the M4A3 holster sprite a little.
- Added heat protection to the CLF armor.
- Fixed arms being visible on rolled down ice colony jumpsuits.
- Added a new powerpack sprite for ease of clicking.
July 17 2017
- New master processing loop to help handle high server load.
July 16 2017
- New master processing loop to help handle high server load.
12 July 2017
- Intra-ship intercoms added to dropships
- Dropship 1 and Dropship 2 hangar positions swapped
11 July 2017
- Xenomorphs can now only eat one item at a time, but they will be able to keep it for much longer (about five minutes), the mob will no longer take idle damage
10 July 2017
- Almayer Research Revamped.
- New Research containment cells with door/shutter control via console.
- Almayer Chemistry moved to Lower Medical.
- More shuttle crash point possibilities, old ones that resulted in breaches have been moved.
- Increased number of Researcher slots to two.
- New spear icons.
- New fire axe icons.
- New medical mask icons.
- New rebreather icons.
- New swat mask icons.
- New toolbox hold icons.
- New metal rods icons.
- New hold icons for M39s.
- New cable coil icons (with new colors).
- New hold icons for floor signs.
- New hold icons for green and regular lamps.
- New hold icons for combisticks.
- New hold icons for fire extingishers.
- Slightly increased fire-axe damage 1-handed.
9 July 2017
- New Xeno sounds have been added as private alerts to signify A) the player has been chosen to become a chestburster, and B) the xeno player is ready to evolve.
8 July 2017
- Xenomorphs now start with no evolution. This should give Survivors a small breather before they get mobbed by Runners
3 July 2017
Joshuu (SecretStamos) updated:
- Adds ERTs for the CLF, UPP and Freelancers Factions.
- Adds platoon-sized ERTs for the current factions (PMCs,UPP, CLF, Freelancers, XRT) for use in admin-events. (please don't use these without talking to Feweh or SLC first)
- Added new sprites (hold and inventory) for katanas, wooden bats, metal bats and hatchets.
- Added scabbards for katanas.
- Fixed CLF armor not being able to hold guns.
- Spawned CLF with flashlights.
- UPP Medics now have Lifesaver belts.
- UPP Medics now have machine-pistols.
- Prevented faction bags and belts from going invisible on Ice Colony.
- Improved the potency of the UPP Commando Tranq pistol rounds..
- Added UPP white phosphorus grenades to Commandos.
- Added molotovs to the CLF. Please be careful, they are a bit more unpredictable.
- Gave CLF a much wider range of guns, including pistols. CLF now also spawn with an additional item or weapon.
- Increased the ammo faction soldiers spawn with by one additional magazine.
- Gave XRTs a team leader.
- Increased the base damage of the katana, hatchet and bats by a small amount.
26 June 2017
- New powerloader sprite by Joshuu.
25 June 2017
- Pulling a wounded human no longer worsen their wounds.
- Adding turning caps backwards for a very special snowflake
- Updated the icons for the marine armors
- Updated backpack wear icons
- Modified the knife icon to be more like the knife (Explorer Night Raider) used in the film
- Modified the holster to be more like the holster used in the film
- Added WY MK88s to both the XO and the PO as their sidearms
- Added hold icon for knives
- Updated Ice Colony sprites
- Updated M10 helmet sprites
- Updated flamethrower hold icon
- Updated Satchel wear icons
25 June 2017
- Slight increase to Crusher charge speed.
- Changed how overdoses work, be careful about overconsuming medicine and some stimulants.
22 June 2017
- Various sound-related verbs in the Preferences (everyone) and Fun (Admins only) tabs have been improved:
- For all players - Admin midis can still be permanently turned on/off via the Character Setup screen (or in Ghost > Edit Characters if you're observing). However, if you have admin midis enabled and an Admin plays a sound, you can use the new Silence Current Midi verb in the Preferences tab to forcibly stop hearing it. Additionally, a message is sent to staff when a player uses this verb within 30 seconds of a midi playing, letting us know that a player has silenced it. This is to give us a better idea of which sounds/midis are favorable over others. The goal is to improve immersion by teaching staff to play immersive, favorable songs and sounds while the game is played. For this reason, we're hoping those of you with Admin midis turned off will now turn them on in your Character Setup screen in order to take part.
- For Staff with the Fun tab - "Play Global Sound" and "Play Local Sound" have been replaced by Play Imported Sound and Play Sound From List. The former will allow importing any sound from anywhere on your computer and then tells all connected clients to download and then play it (the way "Play Global Sound" used to work). The latter will display a list of server sounds and music that are already in the project and do not need to be downloaded by anyone. Obviously, "Play Sound From List" is preferred, and this can and will grow as we add more immersive music to the project (within reason - we don't want gigabytes worth of music). Both verbs now have "Global" or "Local" as secondary options when playing a sound, and both will show how many players are hearing it.
- Also, Power Loader footstep sounds are now much more accurate.
21 June 2017
- MARINE LAW UPDATED - Read it, especially if your an MP
- All Xeno speeds have been rebalanced. Castes that were too fast should be slower. Castes that were too slow should be faster.
20 June 2017
- Slight speed increase to Crusher charge.
- Reduced Queen and Ravager resistance to explosions.
- Reduced Ravager melee damage and health.
- Ravagers sometimes slice limbs clean off when attacking and a limb is targeted.
- Lessened the amount of shock recieved from losing limbs.
19 June 2017
- If you climb on something, you can now universally transfer over other climbable objects with no delay (so for example, window frame, then walk on table, then walk over behind a cade, or leap over a cade onto a table and over another cade)
- You can now put down multiple barricades (sandbags and metal) on a single tile as long as they don't face the same way (corner, even box).
- You can now leap over barricades that don't have barbed wire attached. It's like climbing, except you skip over to the other side of the barricade. The rules are still pretty strict on what tiles you can land on to avoid exploits, so some things may block it.
- Climbing over crates and leaping over barricades is now faster.
- Normal Almayer walls can once again be thermited through and deconstructed in emergencies.
- You can no longer leap over barricades with barbed wire attached. Doing so will end badly.
- It is now completely impossible to breach the ship via outer hull walls or 'hull windows'.
- Changed rules for assembling stuff. You now need to have the tile clear from dense structures like a showcase, an unflipped table or a girder.
17 June 2017
- Survivors now start with weapons capable of killing runners.
16 June 2017
- Increased health of metal, sandbag, and plasteel barricades.
- Increased health bonus to barricades and damage to Xenos caused by barbed wire.
- Decreased cost of empty sandbag crate when ordered from Requisitions.
- Decreased cost of metal barricades from five metal to four.
- Decreased Crusher charge speed.
- Plasteel and metal barricades now drop two of their respective sheets when destroyed.
- The two dropships can now be equipped with weapons and electronics. Equipments can be found in the rooms next to the hangar, and it can be loaded with the new powerloaders. Pilots can now fire those weapons at ground targets identified with a laser. Squad Leaders can now laser targets with their binoculars by double clicking. The target must be in open ground, just like the orbital beacon. The laser takes a few second to appear and will disappear if the SL does not stand still. Target lasers will automatically disappear after 60 seconds. Pilots can now choose between two flight types: * TRANSPORT which is the one everyone knows, that moves between the Almayer and the ground planet, and * FIRE MISSION which allows you to detect laser targets on the ground and fire the dropship weapons at those targets, the dropship lands back where it started. So if you launched a fire mission from the almayer you will land back on the almayer after the fixed duration of the fire mission flight.
15 June 2017
- Reworked barricades. Barricade strength from weakest to strongest is snow -> wooden -> metal -> sandbag -> plasteel.
- Plasteel barricades may be flipped open or closed by clicking on them. When closed, plasteel barricades can be walked over. Xenos cannot open or close barricades.
- Crushers do high damage to barricades, but do not charge through them. Momentum is reset on hit.
- Boiler bombardments behave the same as bullets when it comes to chance to be blocked by barricades, if blocked the barricade is damaged.
- Barbed wire may be made from two metal sheets. Barbed wire can be applied to some barricades to boost their health and prevent climbing.
- A crate of empty sandbags can now be ordered via Requisitions. Sandbags can be filled with dirt using the entrenching tool. Five filled sandbags can be used to construct a sandbag barricade.
- The entrenching tool may be acquired via Engineer vendors, use the tool on the ground to get sand for the sandbags.
14 June 2017
- Squad HUD is now attached to the headset instead of the marine armor. The Squad HUD on the headset can be toggled on and off via the rightclick menu. Squad Marine headset start with the HUD on, while the rest of the Almayer crew start with it off.
- Marine closets in prep rooms are changed a bit. Squad leaders, medics and engineers start with the proper headset in their closets without having to insert any encryption keys. The same closets also have the relevant clothes for leader,medic, engineer instead of the standard marine equipment. Medic closets now also have medical HUD glasses and medical belt, and engineer closets have welding goggles, insulated version of squad gloves and utility belts.
- The squad medic belt (M276 pattern medical storage rig, not the lifesaver belt) is buffed to see more use. It now has two rows available. It starts with some medical equipment. It can now also hold revolver ammo, flares, bodybags, and defibrillators.
- Lifesaver medical belt no longer has russian red pill bottle.
- Humans no longer have two ear slots.
- Greatly improved the health analyzer readout for readability and clarity, added a new sound when using it to scan someone, and now the "Bone fractures detected" line is no longer redundant. It used to show up even when splintable fractures were already listed ("Unsecured fracture in subject's (limb). Splinting recommended"). Now it only shows up when there's an actual unknown fracture that requires a body scanner to locate, such as in the chest or groin. Screenshots: Old analyzer and new analyzer.
- Added the ability to lock and unlock escape pod doors. This can only be done from the inside, so be considerate about your fellow escapees (or don't)
- Rail lights and bayonets are now available in the Marine Prep Vendors. For real this time.
- Lowered nest cooldown from 30 seconds to 5 seconds to reduce annoyance from accidental unbucklings when nesting hosts, or if relocating.
- Fixed not being able to Force Launch during the waiting phase. Force Launch now forces launching the pod, you don't have to wait 3 minutes.
- Fixed multiple exploits with binoculars allowing people to use them as ghetto scopes.
- Fix single fire on sentry guns being less powerful than intended.
- You can no longer shoot a M56D Mounted Smartgun or a Sentry Gun if your active hand is already holding something. Gotta have fingers to pull that trigger.
13 June 2017
- Chambered shells in shotguns can now be ejected, either by pumping or by removing the shell manually (after removing the shells in the internal magazine the chambered one is removed next).
11 June 2017
- m39 holster now lets you unholster their weapon with one click.
- Fixes ravager being immune to explosion damage.
- Fixes explosions applying their damage twice on every creature in range.
9 June 2017
- There is now a preference to start as the Alien Queen. If active, and with the preference to be an alien, you can start the round as the Alien Queen. This means the aliens can start the round with a queen instead of only larvas.
8 June 2017
- All explosive and fire radius for Marine equipment has been increased by one tile, except for the Claymore and Flamethrower.
- Some Almayer props can no longer be charged down/melted, notably artillery.
- Fixed all glass airlocks on the Almayer being opaque/not see-through.
7 June 2017
- Added experimental smoother movement.
- Increased sticky spit cost from 150 to 250.
- Sticky resin spawned from sticky spit no longer stacks.
6 June 2017
- Praetorians have a new spit type.
- Only Crushers and Ravagers are immune to stun. Queen is no longer completely knocked out, but is not fully immune.
- Fixed Sniper, Smartgun, and Defib ID lock issues.
- Adds rail flashlights to the marine vending machines in marine prep rooms.
- Renames the M11 combat bayonet to M11 combat knife.
- Throwing knives now fit inside marine boots.
5 June 2017
- Chief MP radio text size increased.
- Fixed a couple situations that would result in negative momentum values for Crushers.
- There is now a small delay between wielding a gun and firing it. This should only affect people with macros. The delay is higher for heavy and scoped weaponry.
- Pheromones have received a rework. Their effect now scales based on what caste and upgrade tier is diffusing them. Pheromones of the same type no longer stack, the strongest is used instead.
- Pheromone range is no longer fixed to 7 and can increase based on strength.
- Warding pheromones can now slow and even prevent crit bleedout for Xenos.
- Warding pheromones now grant armor and damage reduction to damage in general instead of just bullets.
- Big Xenos no longer get stunned by explosions.
- Crushers are now a bit less robust.
- 5th SO no longer spawns behind the title screen
- Isolation in brig fixed
- Squad tracking beacons added to SL vendors. When activated, marines in the same squad can get the direction and approximate distance of the beacon by right-clicking their armor. Range limit of 30 meters. Replacements can be ordered via the Squad Beacons crate, and activating a tracking beacon in the same squad as an existing beacon will deactivate the latter.
30 May 2017
- Adds a ghost hivemind toggling option in the preferences, to hear or not hear xeno hivemind as a ghost.
- Fixes ui style and ui alpha preferences not being saved.
29 May 2017
- Defibs are now ID locked to CMO, Doctor, Researcher, and Squad Medic roles.
- The Smartgun is now ID locked to the Smartgunner and Commander roles.
- Specialist weapons are now ID locked to the Specialist role.
- Squad Leaders get access to motion detectors. The device detects moving creatures, but ignores marines in armor. Like in the movie, the device beeps regularly and give another sound when a moving thing is detected. When held in your active hand, the device makes blips appears on your screen where the movement was detected. The device has two range modes. and fits in your belt slot.
- When doing a melee attack, living beings now do a quick back and forth movement toward the target. This helps other witnesses understand who is attacking who(or what).
27 May 2017
- Character preferences now have a "preferred squad" option that gives you a better chance to be in that squad.
- Cryopods now retrieve almost all items in cryoed marines when they despawn.
- Marine underpants are no longer a uniform but are now considered underwear. So you no longer have to swap them with your real uniform. All marines start with marine underpants underwear instead of the undershirt selected in your preferences.
- Backpacks are no longer limited to storing a maximum of 7 items no matter the size. They can now hold more than 7 if the stored items are small.
- Fixes Smartgunners not having a squad hud icon.
- Squad hud fireteam sprites now have a black background for better visibility.
- Sandbags barricades can now be disassembled with an entrenching tool.
26 May 2017
- Specialist Sniper loadout now recieve NVG's.
- Specialist M50 armor and Grenade Launcher now combined into one Heavy Grenadier loadout.
- Specialist SADAR is now available through a new Demolitionist loadout.
- Specialist vendors all share the same inventory with regards to coin-aquired armaments.
- New Smartgunner Class
- Specialists no longer have access to Smartgunner weapons.
21 May 2017
- Chief MP Spawn fixed
- Chief MP Rank fixed
- Chief MP Wiki updated
20 May 2017
- Actions that take time can now put a "busy" icon on top of you, and on top of your target if it's a mob. This helps alert your squadmates not to push you. Currently only used for human actions, and not xeno ones. Examples: injecting another human, building things with metal, etc. The two currently available busy sprites are a clock and a blinking medical sign (appears on the mob target of medical actions).
19 May 2017
- Squad Leaders can assign their marines to fireteams to create subgroups in their squad. Simply examine a marine of your squad and click "Assign to a fireteam" in the text. Marines assigned to a fireteam get a small number icon next to their squad HUD icon so marines of a same fireteam can recognize each other and stay together.
18 May 2017
- Larva chestbursting is different now. When the alien embryo has grown a new larva is spawned inside the host and a candidate player given control if there's on. The player can trigger the chestburst sequence by just moving. After about 20 seconds of not bursting the larva automatically chestburst, whether it is controlled by a player yet or not. If a doctor removes the embryo after it has grown into a larva, the doctor extracts a live larva out of the human instead of a dead embryo.
- Added door access buttons to Surgery hallway on the Almayer.
- Cockpit shutters now work in both dropships.
- New experimental sound system. It's a bit of a hack right now since we have to bypass some questionable BYOND engine code, but the goal is to have "realistic falloff and sound range". For now, only volume varies by distance, not pitch or tone
- The sprites of all perspective walls and windows have been touched up to allow for better tiling and to make the white versions look much better. A few perspective issues were also fixed
- All light items (light tubes, flashlights, lamps) have received a few tweaks
- Perspective windows have had the grille merged into their sprite for convenience, gameplay and general sanity
17 May 2017
- Adds a squad HUD. When worn your marine armor detects other marines via their ID, and shows you special icons next to all marines with ranks higher than Private.
- Adds a cooldown to the Point-To action.
- Fixes false walls showing the wrong sprite when first created.
- Adds a 'toggle squad HUD' option to the marine armor.
- The squad HUD icons now appear on the top right corner.
- Renamed Warrant Officer to Chief MP
- Chief MP rank is now Warrant Officer
- Added some more Clipboards around the ship in key areas
16 May 2017
- Marine helmet gets a internal storage, like the marine armor, that replaces the old helmet storing system. It can fit only a single pocket-sized item.
- Fixes overlay for items on helmet not getting removed correctly when removing an item.
15 May 2017
- Fixes welding scrubber vent not playing sound and showing a message that you hit the scrubber.
- Fixes welding vents not giving you a message when the welding is done.
- Fixes typing indicator appearing when a dead mob tries to type.
- Dead hugger now always appear behind the living ones if there's more than one hugger on a tile.
14 May 2017
- Fixes wounds worsening when grabbed aggressively and moved.
- Fixes xenos swapping hugger from one hand to another not removing the reference in the hand.
- Fixes grab items being placed in crates.
- Fixes being able to take ammo from a magazine when your hand is deformed by mutation.
- Throwing a person now requires them to be grabbed by the neck.
- Fixed crushers infinitely pushing xenos in a single direction.
- Fixed crushers not properly bumping things diagonally with their charge.
- Fixed pounces not properly getting blocked by certain weapons.
- Fixed ravagers hitting multiple times per charge.
- Fixed ravagers being unable to charge humans with a riot shield.
- Blocking a pounce with a shield now requires directional facing.
- Hitting mobs now lowers crusher momentum a bit more.
- Ravagers now deal bonus damage while charging based on upgrade tier.
13 May 2017
- Pulling and grabbing are now a single functionality. Both control-click and using an empty hand on grab intent still work. Pulling/Grabbing now always require an empty hand, and it always make that hand busy by applying a grab sprite on it. You can now only grab one thing at a time.
- Fixes larva breaking your pull when walking on their tile.
- Grabbing someone buckled to a roller bed and pulling them now pulls both the person and the bed.
- Fixes being able to swap places with another person on help intent when that person in on top of a table or a wall.
- Fixes beartraps snapping on the leg of a person buckled to a roller bed.
- You can now swap places with the handcuffed person you're grabbing if you are on help or grab intent.
- Xenomorphs can no longer be buckled to roller beds.
- Wheelchairs can no longer be driven by someone other than the buckled person.
- Fixes wheelchair being very fast.
12 May 2017
- Fixed crusher charges not triggering on the Almayer.
- Fixed chair slashing. Make sure harm is your intent.
- Mobs that are hit by a crusher charge, or are trampled, flash red.
11 May 2017
- Fixed huggers dying to xeno spit.
- Fixed eggs dying to xeno spit.
- Fixed crushers being unable to properly push when not charging.
- Other fixes.
- Only the drones, queen, hivelords, and carrier can pick up huggers. Carriers can only carry them on their back.
- Huggers will die off after around 30 seconds if they are out of their egg, or not carried on a carrier's back. They will return to their egg if left alone on it.
- Huggers can be placed back in the egg by clicking on it with a living hugger.
- Huggers cannot be stripped off from those who are hugged. Infection is much faster, and your helmet won't save you.
- Huggers will now leap on to potential targets on their own. Watch out.
- Eggs now cost a lot more plasma, and can only be cleared by a queen, drones, and hivelords.
- Thrown huggers on the floor will go inactive.
- Xeno embryos will continue to grow if the person is dead but can still be revived.
- Crushers can now stomp with middle click. Stomp cooldown lowered. Less stuns from hitting things and other adjustments to make them better battering rams.
- Crushers no longer have a long-range stun. They instead can trample anything underneath them.
- Carriers may leave presents when dying, unless gibbed.
- Xenos can now destroy chairs/beds.
- Xenos can now see where living sisters are located via hive menu.
- Xeno slashing is now enabled on start.
- Xenos cannot slash nested, infected hosts unless the xenomorph is the queen.
- Exploding xenomorphs spew acid blood everywhere.
- Xenomorph armor has been changed. Deflection is no longer a thing, unless shooting a crusher's crest.
- Xenomorphs now move slower when seriously injured.
- Most hunter and runner stuns after hitting objects are removed.
- Some new caste adjustments, and xenomorph speed is generally increased.
- Bullets and several other projectiles travel a lot faster.
- The B18 helmet, and a few special helmets, will still provide great protection from facehuggers.
- Added a new xenomorph caste.
- Using shift+middleclick now makes you point at something.
- Fixed bug where certain types of medical closet sprites were invisible.
- Helmets no longer have a chance of blocking huggers.
10 May 2017
- You can now edit your characters in the middle of a round if you're a ghost.
- Xenos and Survivors spawning in Virology on Big Red now have a way out.
- Alt+Click a tile to view the contents works again.
- RO Office now has a copy machine.
9 May 2017
- Adds big ammo boxes containing hundreds of rounds that you can use to refill your magazines.
- Adds supply crates for weapon holsters and big ammo boxes.
7 May 2017
- Fixes bodybag automatically putting all items on the tile it's deployed inside itself.
- New AI sounds for security level changes (Code Green, Code Blue, etc).
- New AI sounds for evacuation and self-destruct announcements.
5 May 2017
- The new AI - ARES (Artificial Risk Evaluation System) - now has its own voice, with more planned for it to keep marines in the loop about what's happening.
- Blast doors and shutters now have opening/closing sounds.
- You can now remove ammo from magazines by holding them and clicking them with an empty hand.
- Unsheating something from a scabbard now only takes one click.
- Removing a light bulb while lying down no longer delete the bulb.
- Folded roller beds now fit inside backpacks.
- Roller beds and bodybags can now also be deployed by clicking a tile next to you with the item in hand. Deploying a bodybag now automatically opens it. folding a roller bed or bodybag now tries to put the item directly in your hand.
- Fixes being able to fold roller beds through single pane windows.
- Bodybag sprites now properly updates to show whether there's a mob inside it or not.
- Cryobag changes: Cryobags no longer become unusable after reopening them once. They are now reusable. Cryobags depletes slowly when they are actively being used. One cryobag gives you roughly 15 minutes of usable cryostasis. When the cryobag is depleted it automatically opens and becomes crumpled and unusable. Being placed into a cryobag now puts you to sleep. But the stasis/sleep effect takes a couple seconds to start, to avoid accidents. To avoid being stuck asleep in a cryobag indefinitely, you will randomely wake up for one or two seconds to allow you to escape.
- Fixed missing light effects from fire alarms and the like.
- Fixed ETA timer on the evacuation.
- Fixed getting back into cryo cells when an evac pod crashes.
- Fixed evac cryo cells not acting like proper stasis cells. They now keep you alive as you would expect from a proper stasis pod.
- Fixed getting a message for evacuating the ship before the evac pod actually launches.
- The ship's AI may now speak on individual department channels, such as command, or specific squads. Same use as regular radio codes: ":v This is an example."
4 May 2017
- Fixes human head not updating visually when wounded.
- Predator's bloody wounds now are green, like its blood color, instead of red.
2 May 2017
- Xenomorph can no longer crawl into vents if they go unconscious or are stunned while trying to climb in the vent.
30 April 2017
- Welding tools no longer directly deplete 1 unit of fuel when turned on. But toggling the tool often still impacts fuel depletion. Fuel depletion when the tool is left on is no longer randomized.
- Fixes most papers not appearing on your mob's hand when held.
- Fixed all tableparts item other than default ones not having any sprite on a human when held by them.
- Fixes Xenos slipping on cleaner foam.
- Fixes being on the same tile as a flipped table counting as "being on a table" and allowing to climb on an adjacent table instantly.
- fixed the earmuff bug, where the offear item gets unequipped and not deleted.
- Fixes bug where you can't close a bodybag in front of an emergency firecloset or O2 closet.
- Fixed marine goggles not appearing on the mob when worn on the mask slot.
- Fixes beartrap not making any sound when triggered.
- Fixes people looking at the contents of a non-equipped storage item (e.g. backpack on the floor) not automatically seeing new items inserted into it.
28 April 2017
- Fixes issues involving dropship shutters.
- Prevents xenos from breaking or melting atmospherics rooms.
- Fixes Solaris Ridge dropship console not having power the entire time.
- Adds large numbers in hangar to distinguish the dropships and to which LZ they travel to.
- Adds 1 more brig cell and a evidence locker to the brig.
- Misc map changes.
- Adds new telecommunications floor sprite.
27 April 2017
- Replaced old MRE type with new MREs.
- Fixed AI explosion and dead state.
- Fixed AI not having any sound when transmitting a message. Sounds are placeholder.
- Fixed not being able to call evacuation due to not activating distress with comm console.
- Fixed improper nanoui scrolling color and other fixes.
- Evacuation pods can no longer be launched manually before the evacuation is in progress, generally about three minutes.
- Evacuation pods can now be delayed from launching indefinitely, but can still be force-launched if desired. A pod with three occupants in cryo will launch regardless.
- The AI will now report how many people left via the escape pods after the launch sequence is finished.
26 April 2017
- Adds blast doors to lockdown CIC.
- Adds nanomed wall vendors in the main hallways of the Almayer.
- Gives Req a autolathe.
- Adds more Staff Officer, Military Police, and Maintenance Technician jobs to the Almayer.
- Removes the ability to stack racks, tables, and sandbag barricades in the same tile.
- Fixes Hivelord tunneling issues on Solaris Ridge.
- Fixes squad beacons not working on Solaris Ridge.
- Adds more monkeys to Solaris Ridge.
- Made new T-comms machinery, comm tower, rack, and misc item sprites.
- Fixes autolathe getting stuck in busy mode in certain cases.
- Fixes cash card's name and outdated reference to Thalers upon examination.
- Fixes xeno being able to move onto a closed resin door. The resin door now automatically reopens if a mob snuck on its tile during closing sequence.
- Fixes border windows stopping thrown things and poucing xenos.
- Fixes ambiguous "bleeding" description when checking your non-bleeding wounded limb.
- Fixes visible robotic limbs not being mentionned when examining a human.
25 April 2017
- Prevents Xenos from melting the Outer Hull.
- Fixes Typos involving some things.
- Fixes Engineer closet sprite.
- Bumps up fire rate on M56D (Its a tweak since it seems like the slowness might have been actual lag issues).
- Adds Huntergames functionality to Big Red.
- Added Predator Functionality to Big Red (You can now teleport to the surface).
- Adds more cleaning supplies to USS Almayer.
- Makes minor mapping changes to the Almayer. Adds a third landing zone for ERTs. Adds a few more buttons for hangar lock downs and ammo storages. Moves T-comms APC on Almayer to a more secure location. Also adds 2 more control roles to even out the speed.
- Planetary Geothermal Bugs Fixed.
- Planetary Geothermal new sprites.
- Almayer Fusion Engine output halfed (now 50k per engine instead of 100k).
24 April 2017
- New engine for the USS Almayer. Functions pretty closely to geothermal engines for right now, but is still being looked into.
- New map: CLICK HERE!
- General description of where to go as a marine: Alpha/bravo go north from cryo and then west into prep. Out west end of prep and south into RO and briefing. Charlie/Delta go south from cryo and then west into their prep and out the west end of prep to RO and briefing.
- Added squad prep uniform vendors. Shouldn't run out of headsets now for their squads.
- Adds entrenching tool and sandbags. Fold the tool to place it into your backpack. You dig up dirt from tiles and put them in empty sandbags. Sandbag barricades take 5 filled sandbags to make.
- Adds engineer welding backpack. This comes with a tank of fuel for welders at the expense of some of your carrying capacity.
- Adds M56D smartgun to the game for engineers to choose between for support guns. Unfold the mount by click dragging onto yourself. Then wrench it. Then either now or later load the gun with a magazine. Mount the gun and then screwdriver it. Wrench to rotate and screwdriver to disassemble into mount and gun (it retains ammo).
- Adds cryostasis bag recycler to medical. Located above the CMO office.
- There are now two dropships. Names are pending.
- Adds Solaris Ridge as the current gamemode. Other maps will be put back in rotation over time as new shuttle layouts are put in.
- Adds various props that currently don't do anything for the dropships.
- Implemented the Warrant Officer, a chief for the Military Police.
- Revamped crates, sprites by Nicboone, to work properly.
- Added self destruct sequence and a new evacuation system.
- Escape pods can only leave during evacuation. Only three people allowed per escape pod, and the pod won't launch if there are more than three.
- To toggle the evacuation, the distress signal must be launched and the ship must be in red alert. The option will then become available in the communication console. The self destruct console unlocks in the secure core room following this. You only have a few minutes to board the pods before they begin their automatic takeoff.
- To trigger the self destruct you must interact with the console and then wait for several rods to come out of the ground. Interact with each rod to arm it, then interact with the console again to trigger the destruct. The sequence takes around 20 minutes.
- The round-end system has been revamped, pending further refinement.
- New ship AI system that is currently being developed.
- Other misc changes.
Gorg, Joshuu, Nicboone updated:
- Sprite overhaul. Put in many new sprites to replace existing ones and did work on perspective walls to give the Almayer a new and unique look.
- New perspective walls! Walls also now have some random cosmetic decals to break up long sections.
- Vast majority of computers and consoles are replaced to take into account the new perspective look.
- New sprites for all of the doors and airlocks for the perspective look.
- Many sprite replacements for the various objects around the ship, including just about everything you can find!
- Several enhancements to old armor/uniform sprites.
- All-new multi-tiling code for the various walls, doors, and other objects that now tile with each other.
- Shuttle refactor to accomodate some recent changes.
- Other misc changes.
- Added maps for the Almayer and Solaris Ridge.
- Various all new sounds for everyone to enjoy, including new round-end sound cues.
6 April 2017
- Fixes incinerator issues of being unable to be unloaded and loaded.
5 April 2017
- Fixed wrong amount of glass in bottom engineering.
- Fixed incorrect RO cap in RO lockers.
- Fixed improper survivor dreams.
- Fixed a bug that prevented tunnel crawling in a rare circumstance.
- Fixed ghosting message text to be more clear.
- Fixed WY implant lockbox and case names.
- Fixed RO uniform not being able to wear officer armor.
- Fixed incinerator not generating light.
- Fixed an issue when examining the incinerator.
- Fixed PMC helmets not showing damage.
- Fixed another possible issue with bullets getting stuck.
- Fixed hailer not going into the MP armor.
- Fixed denied stamp sprite.
- (old) Fixed telekinetic gun safety toggle.
- (old) Fixed pred gibs.
- Tweaked the incinerator along with the fixes.
3 April 2017
- False walls have been restored, along with everything associated with girders - metal needed returned to 2, time to build a wall returned to 8. Thanks for the constructive criticism (http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12048). We'll look into some good alternatives and in the future disable false walls at the same time as having a good replacement.
2 April 2017
- When players come to a locked airlock, most of the time they'll just deconstruct the wall beside it since the airlock itself takes some time to hack and deconstructing the wall only takes 2 quick steps - welder and wrench. We're changing this to be more in line with realism and, as a bonus, making Squad Engineers more useful as airlock hackers. As a result several things have changed:
- Normal (non-reinforced) walls now take 7 steps to deconstruct them instead of 2. Deconstruction starts the same way - with a lit welder - and the wall can be examined during the entire process to visually see which tool needs to be used next to continue. This will help prevent wiki-checking during normal gameplay. Also note that damaged walls must be repaired first (also with a welder) before they can be neatly deconstructed. This will all happen automagically just by hitting a wall with a lit welder - it will either start repair or start deconstruction.
- Wall building/construction has been made a bit tougher in order to balance the realism of it now taking longer to deconstruct a wall. Walls now use 5 metal sheets on a girder instead of 2, and the time it takes to finish construction has been increased from 8 seconds to 30 seconds.
- False walls have been removed. We debated this to some extent and ultimately came to the conclusion that an entire wall sliding in and out is not exactly canon or even realistic (it's also simply old Baycode that we just haven't dealt with yet). We are considering alternatives, however, such as a barricade "gate" that slides open and closed, or allowing marines to be more nimble by jumping over any barricade (including flipped ones) after a brief cooldown.
- Unrelated, but noteworthy: The Chem Dispenser's access requirements are now working correctly, which means that Squad Medics no longer have access to them. The Chemist/Doctor/Researcher/CMO watching his or her Chem Dispenser getting raided each round can now feel useful again.
- Thanks to forwardslashN for assistance with the above, and to Artouris for the April Fools update yesterday. The ocean-biomed "Nostromo" and "Old Sulaco" maps were quite popular, so we'll keep them and run them once in a while for fun and nostalgia. For those new to the community, they are based on our original 2 maps that were our first ones several years ago. You can read more about them here: http://www.colonial-marines.com/wiki/History#Pre-Alpha_Maps
28 March 2017
- Changed the M41A/M to the M4RA battle rifle.
- Added icons for the M4RA.
- Added a firing sound for the M4RA.
25 March 2017
- Fixes to the previous update.
- Adjusted chem explosives and their behavior.
- Hunter Games: Changed the spawns for the various items to rebalance the mode. Guns are almost completely removed, and the focus is strictly on melee combat. Better make some friends.
- Hunter Games: Ghost-drop rewards are now incredibly good and feature several items per drop. Some rewards are rare.
- Hunter Games: Hellhounds entering the nexus will be auto-gibbed.
23 March 2017
- Changes to the previous update.
22 March 2017
- Experimental change to the LV map.
- Added a few more guns/ammo for survivors on LV.
12 March 2017
- LV624: Added a sleeper to meddome.
- LV624: Changed up tunnel placement and terrain.
- LV624: Removed some extra bodies.
- New flashlight sprites.
- New lightbulb sprites.
- New desk lamp sprites.
- New green lamp sprites.
11 March 2017
- LV624 Additional cave networks in the NE.
- LV624 Moved container area to east of table fort.
- LV624 Bridge is now in a damaged state.
- LV624 Sand temple has suffered some erosion over the years.
2 March 2017
- Fixed issues with squad engineer access. Alarms, APCs, turrets, etc, should now be accessible.
27 February 2017
- Predator explosion adjusted.
26 February 2017
- Fixed expended pred crystal sprite.
- Fixed Bicaridine used sprite.
- Fixed a predator dagger bug.
- Fixed issue with B18 and B12 snow variant armor names.
- Fixed PO helmet not having cold protection.
- Fixed the zoom gun toggle issue.
- Fixed comms working between planet and ship when inside something.
- Fixed predators using wristblades with no arms or hands.
- Fixed an internal issue with plasma caster/blades.
- Fixed freelancers not spawning with compression suits.
- Fixed cryo pods kicking people back to lobby.
- Fixed items still being held in hand when said hand is cut off/removed.
- Fixed splinting removed limbs.
- Fixed spamming self-splints to negate fumbling.
- Fixed splints breaking when quick clotting, or other minor sources of damage.
- Fixed broken, splinted limbs causing pain and dropping of items with no warning.
- Fixed missing limbs causing phantom pain messages.
- Made wooden barricades stronger.
- Removed engineering access from squad engineers.
- Added safety glass to SM ejection button.
- Adjusted rifle mag ejecting. Magazines will now hit the floor when ejecting manually unless retrieved with an active hand.
- Enabled toggling of fire restriction on the smartgun. Use unique action to toggle the IFF tracker on or off.
- Lowered number of mine boxes in the explosive supply crate.
- Decreased sniper rifle fire delay.
- Slight tweak to marksman rifle.
24 February 2017
- Last of Donation Requests are done. If you donated in the past and did NOT receive them, Message Apophis on the forum DIRECTLY.
23 February 2017
- Added Gorg's new sprites for m4a3, m39, and m41a magazines.
- Added Gorg's new multitool sprite.
22 February 2017
- LZ2 on Ice Colony is now underground.
- Ice Colony Predator ship is closed off from underground ice caves.
21 February 2017
- Fixed the Pred teleporter dumping Preds into space on Ice Colony.
- Added new pred teleporting animations.
- Moved Comms to northwest Cargo.
- Opened up LZ1 a bit and removed some barricades.
- Elevators are now all access.
- New sounds for: Smartgun, m41a Pulse Rifle, chestbursting, Predator facehug, some computer consoles, fax machine, and welding tool.
- Welding tool sound and code is a bit of a mess right now, so it's only working on two commonly used objects - airlocks and vent pumps. We'll work on rewriting this in the future.
- Time to weld an airlock increased from instant to 5 seconds.
- Time to weld a vent pump increased from 2 seconds to 5 seconds.
19 February 2017
- Fixed being able to join Xenos when Xeno banned.
11 February 2017
- Fixed certain items turning into rail attach lights.
- Fixed .click macro abuse by disabling the function. .click no longer works as a macro function. Old macros that use .click for firearms can now be triggered through the verb menu with no issues.
- Fixed certain ERT spawning with only ammo but no weapon.
- Increased the number of shuttle crashing areas. No more trying to outsmart the crashing shuttle for marines.
- Fixed bug that caused a standard launch by the Queen using multiple launches.
7 February 2017
6 Feb 2017
- Fixed old autoinjector sprite for inaprovaline
- Marine Medics no longer have access to the Blood or WeylandMed dispensers (they should be checking with a Doctor if they need something)
5 February 2017
- Fixed SL prep.
- Fixed invisible Bicaridine injector.
- Fixed Bicaridine pills having the wrong amount of chems.
- Fixed some naming inconsistencies.
- Added an experimental system to make most hits interrupt human speech. This might not account for every single last method of damage in the game, so this is a WIP.
4 February 2017
- Fixed an exploit that will hopefully resolve some of our recent instability.
- Redid contents of MarineMed, ColMarGear, and NanoMed (now WeyLandMed) vendors.
- MarineMed now contains: Autoinjectors (expanded), Pill bottles, Basic medical tools.
- WeylandMed contains: Minimal Autoinjectors, Syringes, Various Chemicals in bottles, Medical Tools that frequently run-out.
- ColMar Medic Gear now contains: Basic Medic equipment (no medications, pills, or injectors).
- Squad Leader room has shank a little bit. Medic room has gotten bigger (and now contains a MarineMed vendor).
30 January 2017
- Xenos can no longer pounce on an object (like a flare) to move it.
- Resin structures will now spawn weeds beneath them.
29 January 2017
- Fixed an issue with changing paygrades.
- Fixed Sulaco wall bullet hole issue.
- Fixed infinite gun cocking and other weirdness.
- Fixed pred infinite join and a problem with start round joining.
- Fixed, hopefully, the hive menu. It should also report anyone who was gibbed.
- Fixed a job ban issue.
- Fixed not getting a random job if selecting it, and a few minor job related things.
- Removed some items from the cargo backroom vendors.
- Increased the cost of the incinerator crate.
- Rebalanced the incinerator. Among other changes, the flame will not immediately set you on fire if stepped inside, though it can.
26 January 2017
- You can now wear IDs without an uniform, and removing an uniform will no longer remove the ID.
- Medical HUDs can no longer spot larva infections, use the advanced scanner. Observers keep that ability.
- Added icon for (dead) patients that can be defibrillated. Do note that this doesn't work properly if the person disconnected or joined an ERT to save some performance.
- Fixed silly stripping messages (for the most part).
23 January 2017
- Overhauled fire, all fire based weapons now actually function like fire based weapons.
- M240A1 Incinerator Units have been removed from Spec vendors and placed into SL vendors. SLs are expected to distribute them to the squad. Two in each SL vendor, four tanks for each. These tanks come with their own special fuel and will no longer accept phoron. You can eventually subsitute it with welding fuel from fuel dispensers if you run out of the original fuel. Use unique action to light the flamer, and should handle like a regular gun for the most part.
- Fire now catches both marines and xenos on fire if they stand on it. You can no longer run through it without taking any damage. Also fire will cause things to explode reasonably.
- Updated fire sprites have also been put in for marines/humans.
- Fixed being able to lay down and use the MG nest in WO.
- Added a manual eject option on a Med-Pod (right click the Med-Pod itself to see it) for when people get stuck in surgery.
- Changed up WO Med-Pod timer due to it being too long for WO, should scale better, and minimum time spent in the pod is now 2 minutes instead of 4.
- WO secondary defenses have been changed to help prevent xenos beelining to the Outpost itself; Also prevent xenos from blowing up secondary line defenses from behind.
- AP ammo has been added in small amounts to the ABS Beacon supply drop that SLs get.
- Med HUDs and welding goggles have been added to WO areas respectively to counter any issues with your custom loadout interfering with equipment.
- Defibs have been added to WO medical.
- Changed the spawn rates of xenos on WO, should no longer end any chance of marine victory at wave 13; should be more gradual until the expected final wave of 15.
- Fixed barricade issues involving sprite and direction (such as floating over southern facing barricades).
22 January 2017
- Cloning system removed!
- Defibrilators have been buffed significantly. Players dead within 5 minutes can be revived as long as the defibrilator has enough charges, and as long as the player didn't die from suicide, chestbursting, head removal or extreme damage. Defibrilators can be charged using the same rechargers that are used for tasers and stun batons.
- Sulaco Chemistry has been moved to the deck below Medbay to replace the Cloning Lab, and Medbay has been altered as well. Body Scanners, blood packs, a recharger, and a welding tool for robotic limbs has been added.
19 January 2017
- The Queen can now lock down a shuttle (remote control disabled) by interacting with the onboard console. This prevents remote launching. Marines can lift this by having someone with access interact with the onboard shuttle again.
18 January 2017
- You can now deconstruct a barricade using screwdriver, wrench, crowbar in this order.
- Amount of plasteel refunded from barricades is now proportional to remaining health (aka 0 if torn apart).
17 January 2017
- Fixed WO Med-Pod icon issues involving being depowered (along with prevention of being put in when power goes out).
- Tweaked WO Med-Pod times.
- Exploding Xeno Eggs
- Xeno Eggs now explode when destroyed via damage. Animation courtesy of Fridge.
- Ice Colony Elevators Access
- - Elevators are now all access.
- Ice Colony Survivor Spawn Relocations
- - Moved two survivor spawns that were previously in areas that were impossible to leave.
- Ice Colony Ladder Fix
- - Fixed a bug where two underground ladders were tied to the same ladder above ground.
16 January 2017
- WO Med-Pods should now properly fix most conditions (might not fully heal, but internal damage should be fixed).
- WO waves now more noticiable by increased spacing so it doesn't get drowned out.
- WO waves now have sounds accompaning them. Should make it more atmospheric.
15 January 2017
- Whiskey Outpost is updated and almost finished.
- MG nests in WO now require click dragging to operate and control click to change between burst and single fire.
- Sentry guns no longer give a prompt for manual override (this was done due to backend changes for MG nests and sentries)
- XO preferences now determine WO Commander. WO Commander preference in setup character has been removed. Along with that MPs now become outpost guards and MTs are now Outpost Engineers for WO.
- IRs have been removed from their old form in WO due to issues of operation. They've been replaced with laser designators that do the same thing + more (check your weapons verb tab).
- Cyro Cells on WO have been replaced with Medical Pods (Auto-docs). These are still are still being worked on. Only Medics and Doctors are allowed to operate them.
- WO supply drops have been revamped. There is only one drop per wave and its randomized between support/medical/weapon drops. To compenstate for this, SLs now get ammo supply beacons. Allows marines to resupply at the frontlines.
- Weapon Loadouts have been reweighted/changed from their updated version of WO based on player feedback.
- WO Map changes: Command Pod is now better reinforced, the armory has been removed, and outer defensive lines are now more defendable.
- Xeno Spawnlists have been changed, should be less punishing to marines in the start.
- A untested fix for not spawning in the round as a marine has been implimented to hopefully fix that issue.
- Fixed camera view bug. Was related to backend code.
- Snow will now slow down both Xenos and Marines significantly less. Xenos will also no longer get stuck in snow, and Marines will get stuck for a bit less
10 January 2017
- SADARs now produce harmful backblast on the tile behind them, and smoke on the explosion epicenter
- Bullets will now leave holes in walls
- Dropship now crashes into the Sulaco at a RANDOM PLACE when the aliens use it. The dropship is then DISABLED. Queens using this to "attack" the sulaco instead of boarding will receive bans.
7 January 2017
- Added transit shutter to REALLY prevent depressurization
4 January 2017
- Made it less possible for Xenos to be sucked out of the shuttle on launch. NOTE: If Xenos remove the glass and shutters without placing a resin door, they will depressurize. Also, just to be safe, try not to open them during flight either.
3 January 2017
- Military Police - A few dozen airlocks on the Sulaco (Requisitions, Engineering, Telecoms, Maintenance, Prep rooms, etc) were modified to allow MP access in order to help them do their jobs.
- Xmas Xeno sprites returned to normal.
2 January 2017
- Fixed a problem with readying up to play standard and made some minor tweaks.
- Fixed Bears spawning with no backpacks.
- Fixed access issues with marine prep and other access weirdness.
- Fixed MP belt holding rockets.
- Armor slowdown tweak. It's a tad lighter now and easier to move in.
- New icon for the IFF bullet by Artouris.
1 January 2017
- Distress Beacon will now be autocalled if no staff marks it or answers to it within 60 seconds.
- Armor slowdown rebalanced. Lighter and heavier armor now function as intended.
- Weapon wield slowdown rebalanced.
- You can no longer wear armor on top of Marine underwear.
31 December 2016
- Fixed inifite pred starting spawn.
- Fixed a rare issue with armor.
- Fixed wrong service pistol holster description.
- Commander whitelist is now implemented.
- Rewrote a lot of stuff in terms of access and job selection. It doesn't really have an impact on gameplay, but under the hood it changed quite a bit.
- You can no longer put IDs in to PDAs. Nor can your wear PDAs as IDs.
- MPs now start with a cooler backpack.
- Changed explosive effect on predator plasma caster.
- Removed baton from freelancer leader, since they couldn't use it.
- Changed default character age to 18.
- Nightmare on LV: DISABLED, pending a few things. Some changes though.
30 December 2016
- Fixed the Sulaco disposal system.
- Fixed interacting while looking through ladders.
- Armor and ADS (wielding your gun) will now give you varying amounts of slowdown depending on encumberance and weight.
- You will no longer get a warning hinting to which ERT is about to dock.
- Iron Bears now spawn with flash protection.
- Distress Beacons will now only be available under stricter conditions, and have to be approved by admins first.
29 December 2016
- Smartgun and sentry gun bullets are now red to indicate friendly-fire-restriction.
28 December 2016
- New icons for fridges, binoculars and medical huds.
26 December 2016
- Fixed chest bursting being survivable.
- Splints can now be removed/torn if the body part takes another wound.
- You can now tell if a body part is splinted when you check yourself.
23 December 2016
- Fixed splints on body parts not causing proper slowdown.
- Fixed emitter shots going too far, again. Might not happen immediately, so don't freak out.
- Operation Time is now displayed in the status screen for humans. Use it to coordinate briefings, shuttle launches, etc.
- Intent and move mode are no longer displayed in the status screen for humans
22 December 2016
- Added two more vent hubs to Sulaco.
- Slight change to req.
- XMAS UPDATE- New Lobby Music+Title Screen, GIFTS in the canteen, and even something for the CL! This will be reverted Jan 1st (when the Whitelist is activated)
20 December 2016
- The shuttle warning will now only fire once, and once the Queen calls the shuttle FROM the planet UP TOWARDS the Sulaco
- Added a special ladder hub for ventcrawling Xenos, it should be impenetrable outside of ventcrawling and allows easy transit between both Z-levels, bottom hub is near the CL Office and Tcomms, top hub is near Security and the Briefing Ladders. ANY XENOS STAYING THERE COUNT AS DEAD
- LV-624: The smaller Drop Pod landing zone has been moved from the southern edge of the facility to the western edge (credit: Bmc777). Also, the Nexus has been made stronger and the structure is not as broken down as it was, allowing for a bit more prudent "last stand" option if needed, although some work is still involved to accomplish this.
- Fixed an exploit where you could throw people into walls constantly
- Mutagen no longer causes random mutations by Default in humans (It still irradiates)
- Removed DNA Console from Circuit Fabricator
17 December 2016
- A whole doozy of minor bugfixes
- Crusher can now bump into resin doors and open them
- Devouring people after they run away no longer works
- Hive status is now accurate
15 December 2016
- Most vendors can now be hacked again, the exception are Attachments, Squad Leader, Specialist and the two Cargo Vendors
- Hyperzine Fixed (cloneless was an accident)
- Queen Holiday Screech Enabled
13 December 2016
- Another adjustment to cargo.
12 December 2016
- Rapid Construction Device (RCD) and Ripley mech drill have been made unable to make holes into space.
- Added sound for Ripley drill.
- New Admin Verb: Show/Hide Own Ghost in the Preferences tab. It toggles the visibility of your ghost to other nearby ghosts. Tribute: Ordukai
11 December 2016
- River-related changes for the LV map.
- Redid the cargo area of the Sulaco.
- You can now cock all pistols, rifles (incl. snipers) and SMGs using unique action or second time after unloading mag, which clears the chambered round. Report any oddities with it
- Restocking vendors is now done via click + drag + release on vendor. This works with items in your inventory, on any vendor that is powered and in one piece
- The all access and throw inventory wires on all vendors + SmartFridge have been dummied out
10 December 2016
- Dozens of new icons from Fridge and myself (too many to list, sorry family)
- Added warning messages for entering ventilation systems with hot/very hot air. THIS HAS AND WILL CONTINUE DAMAGING YOU AS A XENOMORPH
5 December 2016
- Added the ability to crawl through pipes, replacing ventcrawling
- Scrubbers can now be used for ventcrawling, and obviously can now be welded
4 December 2016
- Added to chemistry: Negative Interactions between chemicals. When chemicals that have affects that allow the circumvention of intentional powergaming limiting factors combine (for example, using Peridoxin to eliminate the overdose damage from hyperzine overdoses) they will elimiante both beneficial effects, and instead cause negative effects.
- Adjusted Chemistry: Hyperzine and Peridoxin now have a negative interaction - Minor toxin Damage (This prevents overdosing abuse)
- Adjusted Chemistry: Tramadol and Paracet now have a negative interaction - Minor toxin damage (both do the same thing anyway...)
- Adjusted Chemistry: Synaptazine and Dylovene now have a negative interaction: Minor Oxy Damage (Prevents Abuse)
- Adjusted Chemistry: Synaptazine now overdoses at 6 units, and metabolizes .1 unit per second (so 60 seconds max). It also has a slightly LOWER chance to deal toxin damage. However, overdose damage is TRIPLED. (This is a fix as Synaptazine was never re-adjusted for our chemistry)
- Adjusted Chemistry: Hyperzine metabolizes twice as fast (meaning 6 units is now 30 seconds).
3 December 2016
- Wearing armors now require a compatible jumpsuit (or a jumpsuit at all) in virtually all cases.
- Marine Pyjamas now slow the user down a bit when worn.
2 December 2016
- Slightly buffed all Marine uniforms and improved their descriptions. They now have very minor protection against any and all forms of damage. There are no rules or RP guidelines governing what players can or cannot wear (although your superior officer is welcome to be more specific), but equipping anything other than your job's uniform is not recommended should you desire maximum combat and utility efficiency.
29 November 2016
- Wielding a SADAR or Smartgun will now slow you down substantially, up from a bit/not at all
- Smartgun Harness no longer slows you down by itself
- You can now flip tables by dragging their sprite on a nearby tile. This has a five second cooldown
28 November 2016
- IV Drips and Janitorial Carts are no longer slowed down when pulling
20 November 2016
- Fixed PACMAN bug where it doesn't power a room with 0 power
- Fixed classic batons being able to stun xenos
15 November 2016
- Fixed removed CL pod landing site that was previously removed without updating the map.
- Fixed deagle doing weird damage.
- Fixed .45 shooting wrong bullets.
- Fixed wrong ammo on an ERT spawn.
- Fixed a bug with xeno deflection. Drones should never deflect AP rockets now. Also means that certain xenomorphs will not deflect rounds that should otherwise shread their armor normally, such as sniper rifles.
- Fixed predators being unable to cancel their explosion while conscious. Predators may now trigger their detonation while conscious.
- Fixed having no muzzle flash while shooting directly north.
- Fixed vendors spitting out full items and other weirdness.
- Fixed invisible service .45 in holster.
- Fixed critters blocking bullets.
- Fixed not getting splashed by acid after bashing the hell out of dead aliens.
- Fixed not being able to order webbing crate.
- Fixed weapons changing when clicking a matchbox. Also fixes other issues with clicking a matchbox.
- Fixed mines not exploding when caught in explosion range of grenades or other explosives.
- Fixed runners sitting on hydro trays. You can now shoot over them now (as you could before the projectile update).
- Fixed ghosts hearing xeno hivemind while toggling on ghost ears.
- Adjusted mindbreaker to metabolize slightly faster.
- Added a general Sulaco identification access. It has no use other than protecting you from the smartgun, mines, and turrets. Hostile ERTs, and other ERTs that wouldn't normally have this access, do not. Nightmare PMCs have their own access, but lack this one. They do have it when spawning as an ERT. It is not possible to change what access a weapon will require, nor is it possible to add anything other than the marine identification access through the identification console. This will eventually be replaced with a much better system. Remember, only turrets check for PDAs as a courtesy so you don't just get shot into oblivion on the Sulaco as a doctor.
- Adjusted space merc access. They no longer have free access to the entire ship.
- Removed Iron Bear rocket launcher from IB response team.
- Minor change to escape pod flavor text.
- Adjusted predator flame resistance a tad.
- Nerfed antimaterial rifle a tad. It will still probably maim the person on the other end, or likely kill them.
- Nightmare on LV: Rebalanced PMC spawns. Less overall lethality, but better variety of items and roles.
- Nightmare on LV: Rebalanced marine spawns. They're a tad more interesting now, along with improved gear.
- Nightmare on LV: Decreased initial fog barrier time a sliver. Changed the fog locations.
- Nightmare on LV: Modified the map to have a little more room to move across the river.
- Nightmare on LV: Fixed issues with weird equipment spawns for marines.
- Nightmare on LV: Supply crates no longer spawn on top of each other. Also changed a tad.
- Nightmare on LV: A lot of overall fixes. If events weren't working before, they are working on. Make sure your special roles are toggled on.
- Nightmare on LV: Fixed smartgunners being unable to hit anything. Also fixed mine-identification related problems.
- Nightmare on LV: Added some more environmental things to discover.
- Nightmare on LV: Fixed xenos being unable to slash.
- Nightmare on LV: Fixed and improved a certain map reward.
13 November 2016
- Xenomorphs have received a bunch of background reworks, notably resulting in their message colors changing from eye rape green to sane green. Keep an eye out for any oddities, especially regarding messages
- Added Xeno Message when a Queen appears (aka evolves or is spawned in)
- Fixed Xenomorph ID changing at random when evolving, it will now stick to you from Larva to death, and as such can reasonably be used as an identifier
- Fixed attached name not updating properly when evolving as Xeno, leading to dead young Xenos being marked as blood larvas
10 November 2016
- Marine Gear (Attachments, Prep Vendors) will no longer scale down if there are under 30 Marines on the ship
8 November 2016
- Dragging anything as any mob now incurs the same movement penalty as Xenos used to get exclusively, which is probably around 25 to 33 % of your speed
- Roller Beds now ignore the dragging nerf
7 November 2016
- Changed Title screen back
- Adjusted Lobby Music
- New Autoinjector Sprites so they can more easily be identified and seen.
- Used injectors now display "Expended" when you mouse-over. They can be refilled by placing them into a vendor that has been screwdrivered.
- Injector Hotfix to prevent abuse
4 November 2016
- Attachment, Requisition Points and Marine Preparation vendors now have inventories that scale with Marine population at roundstart
- Fix being able to move claymore tripwires
2 November 2016
- Fixed bullets getting stuck on WO / Nightmare on LV.
- Nightmare on LV: Added a certain map reward.
- Nightmare on LV: Rebalanced some of the supplies.
- Nightmare on LV: Disabled pred spawns for now.
- Nightmare on LV: Added a few more random events and corrected some things.
1 November 2016
- Nightmare on LV: Commander and CL are now able to spawn for the marines and PMCs respectively.
- Nightmare on LV: Adjusted starting supplies.
- Nightmare on LV: Fog will disperse in 10 minutes, allowing marines time to set up.
- Nightmare on LV: Added certain events. The dead may have something to contribute...
- Nightmare on LV: Minor polish.
31 October 2016
- Colonial Marines HALLOWEEN 2016! I sacrificed sleep for you.
- Fixed Changelog
- Fixed Fog Timer (down from 9000 deciseconds to 900 deciseconds)
30 October 2016
- Removed all the Russian weapons that were remaining in the crashed shuttle, hidden under foamed metal
- Fixed a glitched tile near the Chef's cabin
29 October 2016
- After a staff meeting discussing a complete revamp of our current rules, we've decided that Medics will NOT be able to do surgery just yet. Instead, their tools to support and stabilize fellow marines will be buffed. As such, splints are now able to be placed on the chest, head, and groin in addition to all the regular areas in order to reduce the need for marines to get immediate bone surgery. Splinted marines will still be hindered but combat-capable assuming the issue is only a bone break.
28 October 2016
- You can no longer get stuck in zoomed in view with any zooming item
- You can no longer zoom in through multiple items
- Being knocked unconscious or resting will now remove zooming immediately in all conditions
- You can no longer field strip your weapon if looking down the scope
16 October 2016
- Fixed boiler dying over a billion times.
- Fixed queen dying and looking like she's fine.
- Fixed xenos exploding.
- Fixed humans looking like monkeys when gibbing.
- Marines will now get a minor victory if the xenomorphs cannot evolve a queen for 20 minutes.
- Xenos now explode more when taking higher amounts of damage.
- Light range of marine armor has been increased by one
15 October 2016
- Fixed crew monitor console being invisible.
- Fixed bullet damage flash playing on dead mobs.
- Fixed queen breathing after dying.
- Fixed boiler desc spelling.
- Fixed CL suit spelling.
- Fixed survivors sometimes getting themselves twice in a story.
- Tweaked punches and their effects on xenos. Preds now do a lot more damage barehanded.
- Guns now tell you if the safety's on and if there's something in the chamber when you examine them.
- Added a sidearm to the WY smartgunner.
- Changed WY sniper rifle.
- Tweaked WY implant insert message.
- Removed quickfire from smartgun. It didn't do anything.
- Removed WY grunts spawning with battle rifles.
14 October 2016
- Fixed being able to drag holosigns to displace them
13 October 2016
- Surgery has received significant background reworks. If anything seems more or less horribly wrong, please contact an admin or open a Bug Report
- Laser Scalpels and Incision Management Systems are now both functional. The first will skip the hemostat step, the other will skip both hemostat and retractor. This does not work on eye and mouth surgery
- Surgery delays have all been changed more or less significantly, although it should be an overall reduction
9 October 2016
- Adds a new UI button for railights instead of the general attachments button
9 October 2016
- Allowed the M39 Holster to carry foregrip equipped SMGs
- Sound effect for drawing pistols
- Sound effect for holstering pistols
- Sound effect for scabbards
9 October 2016
- Removed the ability for the M37 to be worn on the back
- Added M37 back scabbards to standard prep (for carrying M37s on the back)
- Removed the ability for the machete to be worn on the back or armor by itself
- Made machetes come in scabbards (which can be worn on the back or armor)
- Allowed M4A3 and M44 holsters to be worn on the armor storage slot (for medics/engineers)
- Increased the weight class of the M4a3 by one
- Added an additional machete to cargo storage
- Added icons for the M37 scabbard, machete scabbard, and holsters worn on armor slot
8 October 2016
- You can no longer put marine armor or equivalent in your backpack (for real this time)
5 October 2016
- Added proper uniforms to the dead colonists in LV624
- Modified LV624 to have more lore-appropriate items
- Replaced the Russian guns on LV624 with a higher number of Colonial Marshals guns and civilian guns
- Gave dead colonists on LV624 unique names
- Added the MK.50 Compression Suit and Helmet. Given to the Freelancer ERT members
- Gave Freelancer ERT members ID cards
5 October 2016
- Alien Embryos now gestate faster when the host is nested, meaning that properly guarded hosts will burst faster
- Cryo Cell and Stasis Bags are now more efficient at stalling Alien Embryo growth
- Worked on new Alien Larva spawning rules slightly. Will now check for candidate every 10 seconds if it doesn't find one (down from 80 to 160 seconds)
- Meson Scanners no longer allow you to see in the dark. Now only used for SM setup (in theory Singulo too)
3 October 2016
- Resin Cuffs Removed, Alien updates coming soon(tm)!
- Laptops removed - Besides being non-canon, they cause nothing but problems
28 September 2016
- Xeno larva now pass through all mobs regardless of intent of the mob (harm, grab, disarm). In effect, they can no longer be blocked, pushed, or bumped by any other mob.
26 September 2016
- Xeno melee range buffs:
- Humans that try to pull or grab a live Xeno will catch a tail-swipe to the head, knocking them out just like a tackle would.
- ALL Xenos (not just big ones) can no longer be bumped/pushed by humans.
- Since Predators are, arguably, about equal strength to low-tier Xenos, the above changes do not affect them.
24 September 2016
- Changed xenomorph blood/gore to be more acidic in color
- More unique visual identifiers for the Hunter, Spitter and Sentinel to seperate them from the drone
- New death sprites to acomodate the blood.
- Chance for xenomorphs to explode into gore when killed. Strictly for fun, no effect on actual gameplay :)
- New gib animations for T1s, larva, T3s and runners. More forthcoming if they are well liked!
- Slight changes to resin to be less gappy. Still a WIP, hold tight my dudes
22 September 2016
- Xeno Drones are now able to upgrade and can still evolve into a Queen as needed. However, upgraded Drones can ONLY evolve into a Queen and not to any other caste.
- In an attempt to offset the "metarushing" happening on LV-624 (Marines running to the caves too early), rather than adding yet another foolish, variably-interpreted rule (cough), we are working on an updated version of LV-624 that will completely prevent it. In the meantime, the cave areas in the current LV-624 have been fully furnished with dozens more resin nodes, resin doors, and nest areas to help starting Xeno teams defend somewhat comfortably immediately when the round starts.
- In other news, a fixed version of Ice Colony will be arriving soon(TM), perhaps within a week or two. We recognize that one of our biggest issues right now is the need for a change of scenery with new maps and an easy way for players to choose them, so those are near the top of our list.
21 September 2016
- Scream sounds added.
- Radio clicks added.
- 'Follow Predator' and 'Follow Human' verbs added to Ghost tab.
17 September 2016
- You can no longer store armor in backpacks
15 September 2016
- The "bioscans" that Admins commonly give out have now been automated. They first arrive after 1 hour and repeat every 30 minutes. The Xenos receive a similar message from the Queen Mother, which in Alien lore is an extremely powerful Xeno that ranks above all Queens and Empresses with enough telepathic power to reach across entire galaxies. The more you know. For marines, the bioscan of the ship is exact, but for the planet and elsewhere it's slightly inaccurate. For Xenos, the Queen Mother message for the planet is exact, but for the "metal hive" and elsewhere it's slightly inaccurate. We feel this change will help against long, drawn-out rounds when one side camps even though there's only a few enemies left because they don't know how many enemies there are. (Thanks @forwardslashN)
13 September 2016
- Fixed certain closets holding unwanted extra equipment.
- MPs now have the proper backpack in their closets.
- Added a few items to the predator ship.
- The Pilot Officer (and only people who join in as such) can now halve travel time and lower cooldown by 25 % by using a button on the shuttle computer
- The shuttle computer's UI has seen a massive improvement and will now notably show engine cooldown
- The Queen will now periodically play a creepy breathing sound.
- Reworded "Emit Pheromones" window for clarity (i.e. the "Recovery" pheromone also increases health regen).
- Decreased the "silly" Hunter/Runner pounce sound to a 5% chance to make it a bit more unique and easter-eggish.
11 September 2016
- You no longer need to grab people to cuff them
- The number of possible MPs now scales with the number of players
- Tasers stun you for longer
- Normal sunglasses won't do anything to stop a flash's effects
- If you pick up a stun baton as a non-MP, it will stun you
10 September 2016
- Cult girders can't be shot through
- Deconstructing a wall on grass puts it back to grass
- The OB doesn't set the offset to 0 if you set it too high (the cap is 5, and always has been)
- Medbots now check to make sure you don't OD on the drugs it gives you
8 September 2016
- There is now an "Reset WY Autopsy Tool" function on the Autopsy Tool if it malfunctions for any reason. Right-click the tool, or use the verb from the IC menu.
- Added an Engi-Vend and moved some stuff around in Engineering
- Added Copier to CL Officer
- Fixed blood bag vendor not showing blood type.
- Fixed a twohander weapon issue.
- Fixed jelly reference while laying eggs.
- Fixed duplicate item category in cargo vendor.
- Fixed sadar rocket crates labaled as extended mags.
- Fixed PMC leader entry text. Fixed some additional text for the PMCs.
- Fixed an issue with pred names.
- Removed flashlights from vendors and added them to MT lockers.
- SMGs can no longer be placed on the belt.
- Moved machetes and webbings to the backroom vendors.
- Added gun belts to the game. Command staff start with them, and they are available from cargo.
4 September 2016
- Added bottles and glasses of Sake.
- Added Lt. Rasczak and Mullet hairstyles.
- Removed duplicates and added new names to the Random Character Names list.
- Reworked items in vending machines.
3 September 2016
- Hyperzine has been nerfed. You can no longer get insane speeds with it, it will only remove speed nerfs from armor, wounds, hunger, cold. Think of it as painkillers and a booster for the muscles
2 September 2016
- Chemistry grenades now have a smaller explosion radius, but still slightly larger than the M40 frag grenade. (Thanks @ MadSnailDisease)
- Fixed several missing emotes and added *facepalm. (Thanks @ masterspots)
1 September 2016
- The amount of light produced by marine light items (combat armor, flashlights incl. rail and flares) has been lowered across the board. Remember to travel in groups and pop a flare before going in
31 August 2016
- Xenos are no longer able to devour dead bodies. This will likely be reverted when we remove the cloning system in favor of something else, such as (possibly) a more robust medical system and/or (possibly) reinforcement shuttles which are more lore-friendly.
- Xenos can now very clearly tell when a creature is dead by examining it (SHIFT + LEFT CLICK) from any distance.
- Researcher starting job slots increased from 1 to 2.
30 August 2016
- RESEARCH UPDATE PART 1
- New Functionality: Organize Analyzer - The Analyzer will break down one of the items you get from using the Weyland Yutani Brand Autopsy Tool (it's is in research on one of the tables) to give you level 9 In "Bioscience" which is alien technology. This will let you make special items with the BioPrinter.
- New Machine: BioPrinter - Load it with parts from Alien Autopsies and you can then use the Research Computer to print some of the new research items
- New Item: Anti-Acid Spray - Spray just about any item in the game (except walls and doors) to make it unacidable. This means BARRICADES AND GIRDERS. Remember though, there are other ways to break griders still.
- New Item: Resin Paste - Use this on a helmet that's been huggered off someone to repair it. Expect a new sprite for "repair" helmets in a day or so.
- New Item: Chitin Plate - Add this to your armor to GREATLY increase protection. Be warned that it WILL slow you down.
29 August 2016
- Xenos no longer require jelly and will constantly increase their evolution progression (Aghosted Admins/Mods will still grow as well).
- ...However, Xenos will halt all evolution progression if there is no Queen.
- Fixed dead face huggers being worn as masks preventing other huggers from infecting.
27 August 2016
- If there are not enough xenomorph candidates at roundstart, spawn in empty larvas instead of giving xenomorphs less spawns than intended
- Xenomorph spawns are no longer capped at 14 for 70 ready players, meaning they have a much bigger sporting chance against very large player populations
- Fixed bugs from prior commit.
- Can now stock hidden and premium items in vendors.
26 August 2016
- Some updated ammo icons.
- Fixed dead mobs playing hit animations.
- Fixed Iron Bears not having proper female surnames.
- Fixed and adjusted a few fluff texts for ERTs.
- Fixed a few satchels having the wrong worn icons.
- Fixed another backpack related issue.
- Fixed some other back icons that didn't properly show.
- Fixed some issues with character set up. Double check that your characters are being loaded correctly.
- Fixed squad markings appearing on donor gear and erts.
- Fixed a bug with some xenos not hearing word of the queen/xeno death messages after late joining.
- Fixed ammo casings and handfuls changing icons when thrown around.
- Fixed taking out the leader helm cam as with helm garb.
- Fixed headsets never showing up on character sprites.
- Fixed the infinite ammo bug with placing full guns into the vendors. Guns will now come out empty from the vendors and cannot be placed back if they have ammo inside. Empty mags can be placed inside for refill as usual.
- [hotfix] Fixed quickfire and burstfire decreasing scatter. OOPS. No more of that crazy accurate superfire.
- [hotfix] Fixed the burstfire murdering accuracy.
- Removed ammo from the WY gun crate. You can already order it through other means, and the guns come with one mag each.
- Added late joining as predator and xeno from the lobby.
- Added a few categories to the cargo vendors.
- Added shoulder lamp to smartgun harness. As a bonus, you can also tell what squad you are in as a smartgunner.
- Added surplus ammo crate to RO manifest. It contains some unique Armat ammo, for those who like to gamble.
- Added a d20 to the ice map.
- Added the bility for DONORS to hide/show things like the shoulder lamp/helmet garb/squad markings. Right click armor/helmet, then use the appropriate verb. The change is purely cosmetic.
- Added medic and engineering helmets to the vendors, without having to hack.
- Adjusted a few attachments.
- Adjusted a all donor helmets/masks do hide hair/whatever if they fully cover the face. All changes are purely cosmetic.
- Adjusted service pistol firerate a tad.
- Improved pred spawn a tad.
- Adjusted some of the other ammo crates.
- Changed the default bloodtype to O positive.
- Tweaked buckshot a tad.
- Tweaked sniper armor pen a tad.
- Tweaked predators a bit, including their mask.
- Tweaked some projectile effects on walls.
- Some other gun tweaks.
- Restricted marksman rifle mags to the M41A/M only, though that rifle still takes other kinds of M41A mags.
- Changed the supply drop to instead provide some good all around Armat guns, rather than specialist weapons or special WY guns.
- Modified how cold protection works. Your jumpsuit (snow coat) will protect you from the cold. Armor won't do a thing outside of camo. Gloves, boots, coifs, and helmets will still provide cold protection as before.
23 August 2016
- Squad Leaders now have pilot access, allowing them to use the Rasputin as needed
22 August 2016
- You can now hide claymores under any object again. Do note that the sprites are a bit more offset now, so a pen might not do
- Slashed claymores will now detonate directionally in a random cardinal direction. Only do it if you are certain you can take the explosion, or just gamble, 5/8 chance to get hit
- Fixed claymores going off if an object is dragged/thrown through it. Now mobs and only mobs can set them off, if the ID check fails
- Fixed lights not updating properly when getting ate, regurgitated, switching position with other mobs, using admin jump
- Fixed numerous typos across the board.
- Added MP access on the Research airlock in Medbay..
19 August 2016
- Claymores are now directional and trigger on same tile and on the tile in front of them, explosion goes two tiles forward from claymore and one tile on each side, including right next to claymore
- Xenomorphs can now destroy (read : detonate) claymores by slashing them, try to do it from behind the claymore, not on the sides or front
- You can no longer hide claymores under objects. Mobs (including all bodies) is fine
- Added sounds for planting a claymore and for detonation (from Rahzael)
17 August 2016
- New Pilot access added. Command (incl. CL) and MPs can use the Dropship shutters and cockpit. Squad Leaders only have access to the Drop Pod now
16 August 2016
- Added a new Pilot Officer job. This job is part of Command, and your only directive is to fly the Rasputin. This job is currently barebones and will be expanded on in due time.
- Added a locker for the Officer Pilot containing a spare loadout for mid-round emergencies
- Tweaked the Pilot's helmet to spawn in the pilot's hand and be as protective as squad leader helmets
13 August 2016
- Yautja can now pick their armor variations from character setup!!
- More yautja armor, mask and boot types
- Yautja heavy armor avaliable as a gear option in the place of a weapon
8 August 2016
- Fixed some ERTs spawning with no guns or ammo. Adjusted some of their weapons while I was at it.
- Fixed back icon for the lmg.
- Fixed an issue with the coif actually not providing enough cold protection. Woops.
- Fixed all of the helmet garb icons. Also updated by monkeyfist.
- Fixed ert helmets holding helmet garb when not supposed to. Donator helmets are unaffacted, but they will not update overlays to keep their look.
- Fixed CE not having access to shieldwall gens.
- Fixed the hit effects not playing when point blanking/suiciding.
- Added webbing to medic prep vendors.
- Added a tape recorder to research.
- Added a camera to CL office.
8 August 2016
- New Medical Kit icons
- New Medical Kit hold icons
- New M83 SADAR Icon, Hold Icons
- New Bruisepack and Ointment icons
- New Quad Rocket icons
- Suit storage, wield, and hold icons for M83 and Quad rocket
- New Toolkit, Medical belt icons
7 August 2016
- Fixed knife belts holding only three knives after taking one out.
- Fixed a few weapon/attachment descriptions for accuracy.
- Fixed being unable to order turrets in cargo.
- Fixed jungle rifle missing an left hand sprite.
- Fixed deagle ammo mag.
- Fixed satchel sprite.
- Fixed mar30 in hand sprite.
- Fixed doubleb shotty sprites.
- Fixed an issue with webbing.
- [hotfix] Fixed all those issues reported yesterday.
- Upped ammo crate to five rifle mags instead of 2.
- New Medical kit icons
- New marine medical belt icons
- Lightened the color of technician and medical backpacks on the snow map
6 August 2016
- WARNING: THIS UPDATE CONTAINS GUN REBALANCE CHANGES. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. Nothing that will change balance too much, but the actual numbers and their correlation has changed.
- Fixed wrong gun restriction on an SMG ammo type.
- Fixed wrong ammo spawn in bridge gun cabinet.
- Fixed a bug with wrong ammo spawn for an ERT responder.
- Fixed some guns to have back icons when empty.
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs related to the gun system.
- Fix related to predator wristblades.
- Fixed blood being cleaned off a gun after reloading.
- Fixed a typo in the Ice Colony game mode.
- Fixed Iron Bears arrival message.
- Fixed weapons not keeping their name when renamed and then twohanded.
- Fixed weapons reverting sprites when reloading and such.
- Fixed a problem with the welding mask/coif/hair.
- Fixed C4ing xeno acid and some misc weapons.
- Fixed hearing queen's announcement if you are not a xeno. Wasn't supposed to happen. Post in bugs if it's still a problem.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect storage slots in some specialist crates.
- [hotfix] Fixed spawning in as pred due to new player bug.
- Fixed an issue with missing glasses sprite.
- Fixed vests not accepting guns in suit storage.
- Fixed some other misc bugs.
- Added a backpack to an ERT.
- Added a mechanical toolbox and medkit to the ERT shuttle.
- Added red berets to MP lockers.
- Added cold protection to the coif, so it will act as a helmet would without a helm. Rebreather remains unchanged.
- Added new projectile sounds.
- Added some combat animations. Probably more to come.
- Added two special vendors to cargo.
- Added ammo crates to cargo order list. They are different from marine vendors.
- Added new gun casings +more old casings.
- M41 mags upped to lore 40.
- m39 mags upped to lore 48.
- Sniper mags upped to lore 15. Number of mags adjusted to compensate.
- Cargo price and item tweaks/adjustments. Black market stuff made hidden, but added black market ammo. To get black market crates, you'll need to do some hacking.
- Removed machete blocking bullets/projectiles along with a few other weapons.
- New accounts will now default to spawning as a marine unless manually changed.
- You now have to face a bullet/projectile to effectively block it with your shield. No more blocking with your back turned, but you have a higher chance of blocking projectiles now. I'll adjust blocking as needed.
- Change related to predator wristblades.
- Changed how projectile scatter works. Certain attachments will now decrease or increase scatter chance, as well as ammo types. Stocks for example.
- Increased light source on mounted flashlight.
- You can no longer paint other people's faces with facepaint without their permission.
- M37 no longer takes shotgun or grenade attachments.
- [hotfix] Can no longer open shuttle shutters while in flight.
- Some other gun tweaks and consistency changes. A lot of underthehood stuff.
- Predator healing change.
- Tweaked alien spit. Shorter range and it will collide with aliens. No damage though. Acid goes farther than neurotox. Boiler bombard is unaffected.
25 July 2016
- Marine paygrades added to ID's. These paygrades result in your paygrade/position abbreviation being added before your name when you talk.
- Marine paygrades can be managed with the Identification Computer.
- When dead, chat bubbles no longer appear when you speak.
22 July 2016
- Fixed W-Y crate not spawning ammo.
- Fixed wrong ammo spawns with crates.
- Fixed spawning bald if spawning with a cigar/cig.
- Fixed custom build shotgun acting as a twohander.
- Fixed twohanded weapons being usable when missing a hand or some such.
- Fixed offhand icons appearing on the floor, hopefully forever.
- Fixed the sprite not updating when clicking a weapon held in hand to twohand.
- Some tweaks to the distress spawns and some misc items.
- Some clothing can now hide your beard or hair selectively.
- Guns will now fire bursts after using an attachment, if previously set to burst.
- Sniper rifle is more likely to miss up close, so you are shooting your buddies less in the back. But it's very, very accurate as it travels far.
- You can now put a scope on an M44 revolver. I don't know why you'd want to do this, but you can.
- Some other tweaks, including weapons. If anything related to sprite layering on your character is off, bug report it.
20 July 2016
- Elevator times changed. 5 second travel time, 2 second spin-up time (from button to travel), 15 second delay once it arrives for loading/unloading.
19 July 2016
- CL Escape pod removed. Only escape pods are the ones on the upper deck near escape.
- New takeoff and landing sounds for the supply shuttle.
- Available Cargo Technician jobs increased from 1 to 2.
18 July 2016
- Ice Map Atmos fix (hopefully)
- Divide by Zero fixed (Overdose shouldn't insta-kill anymore)
- Fixed a problem with quick-clot. Injectors only inject 3 unit, and it overdoses at 4 units. Metabolizes at .1 unit a second.
- Fixed incorrect damage calculations on armor... What this means: armor will generally protect you a little better from FF and other firearm related injury. It will also have a far higher chance of negating small arms fire (handguns/SMGs) the majority of the time. Rifles and the like will still make you hurt, a lot.
- Important: might be an issue with twohanding a gun, report any weird behavior asap so I can fix it!
- Fixed xeno spits not messaging what they are when hitting marines.
- Fixed some issues related to the ammo displaying caliber incorrectly.
- Fixed bullets flying away after hitting a hugger.
- Fixed the heavy pulse rifle not having an ammo counter.
- Fixed burst firing missing a downed person after the initial bullet.
- Fixed double barreled shotties ejecting casings when fired.
- Fixed PMC radio. For real this time.
- Fixed flashlight light-related bugs with guns.
- Fixed some missing back icons for guns and some other items. As well as some misc things.
- Fixed the sadar and gl magstrap overlays.
- Fixed toggling xeno spit and getting lower firerate.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed a certain weapon blowback.
- Fixed some overlay problems with special PMC helmets.
- Fixed the attach GL launching grenades like a sniper rifle.
- Some misc gun fixes and consistency tweaks.
- Fixed sadar speed calculations.
- A bunch of efficiency changes related to the gun system. Probably won't be noticable too much in general, but will be noticable during heavy firefights. It's pretty much as lag free at this point as it gets. Hopefully.
- I rewrote bipods since their functions were disabled with the gun update. They will work as follows: You activate attachment if you want to get into a position to use the bipod. If it finds something, you will get a message. If you are already in a position to shoot and keep that position, or it doesn't find anything, it will instead activate your other attachments. When you shoot and you are not in the right position, the bipod will "deactivate" automatically and you can try and get into a new position. You have to be facing the same way as you did when you established a position for the bipod, among other things. It should be fairly logical. Bipods work with tables, racks, and metal barricades, though there may be a few others I'm not aware of. Should work fine regardless. Bipods no longer provide bonuses at all unless they are used in a position, but firing them in position is very beneficial.
- Tweaked buckshot.
- Tweaked slug speed.
- Tweaked sniper bullet speed.
- Tweaked some distress equipment spawns.
- Tweaked predator storage slots.
- Rockets changed again. Explosive rockets will always explode on the tile of the clicked target. AP and WP rockets will always fly straight unless shooting a downed person or some such. AP and WP rockets must hit the target to do any real damage.
- Silencers will now give a different firing sound and hide muzzle flash. They now decrease damage a tad, but give increased accuracy and less recoil. Not as great as recoil comp/extended though.
16 July 2016
- Nerfed hand-biting
- Resin Cuff time reduced
- Nest Escape Time reduced slightly
- Adjustment to Overdose damage so you can no longer overdose on so many chems you negate the OD damage and become a god among men.
15 July 2016
- Emote update reworked to help prevent 'unusable emote' errors. Let Rahlzel know if there are any more issues with emotes!
- Small bonus for Predators, including another new emote. Use *help or the Emotes verb to read about it.
- New Queen-specific death rattle
- Lots of undocumented runtime error fixes this past week. Should help in the fight against server lag caused by errors filling up the server window and requiring a hard restart.
- Fixed RnD circuit imprinter and protolathe showing wrong designs
- Note: Defib recharging was disabled back in June without a changelog mention, so here it is to prevent confusion. Defibs are considered to be quite overpowered, so there is a limit to their usage (about 10 uses per defib - some of which will fail). Also, they cannot be recharged, so the ones you start with are all you have. However, we're still open to discussion regarding them and anything else on our forum. We're trying to find a difficult balance between the Xeno population regenerating and the human population continuing to wake up from cryo-sleep throughout the round.
9 July 2016
- Medbay access now required on cloner computer. Rules regarding cloner usage have been adjusted.
2 July 2016
- Fixed some issues with toggling gun verbs while not actually holding the gun.
- Small fluff addition to survivors.
- Fixed M39 not having an ammo counter.
- Fixed the weight class of a gun being improperly calculated when attaching things. Also fixed a few misc things with attach/detach and certain calculations.
- Tweaked shotgun buckshot so that it looks and works like buckshot. Islugs also work a little different.
- Fixed a ghost issue from a previous commit. Ghosts will now return to body properly.
- Admins/Mods: New "Fix Breach" verb in Debug tab that works like an RCD. Stand on the tile you want to add a floor or wall to and press it.
1 July 2016
- Change to smartdisc. You can catch it with either hand, regardless of what hand is active.
- Fixed bracer not exploding on a fallen comrade. Make sure to GRAB them first with your ACTIVE hand.
- Fixed a few issues with claiming pred equipment.
- Fixed preds overspawning. Only three predators may Hunt. Elders are excluded. Preds may now spawn in other game modes, though only Colonial Marines support them right now.
- Pred Elders actually spawn in the proper place now. This also fixes a misc issue with admins bypassing the pred whitelist entirely.
- Removed xeno building stuff on huggers. You can still place huggers on top of stuff though.
- Added back comms that were previously removed. This should fix all ert/special comm channels.
29 June 2016
- Bullets will no longer show up under the character's feet. Just a visual change.
- Fixed the sadar smoke going in the wrong direction.
- Sadars and boiler bombs explode on the tile clicked on (if nothing gets in the way). Make sure you are a clicking a tile, not an object or mob or something on the tile. If you click a mob or object, the rocket will fly straight.
- Fixed the cable coil not working on objects when you had the exact amount to do whatever with it.
- Fixed autolathe not giving back material when deconstructed.
- Fixed landing noise playing while in travel in space.
- Fixed a carrier typo.
- Probably fixed pred porter for real.
- Fixed xeno resin stacking/egg stacking. Eggwalls are thus removed.
- Fixed landing lights being movable.
- Fixed xenos being unable to slash apcs. If this causes issues, let me know.
- Removed F/Ctrl+F and G/Ctrl+G to cycle intents from the keybinds. You can already directly select intent with 1 2 3 4 on hotkey mode. Bind them to something more useful.
- Added a cooldown to the grenade launcher so it can't be spammed in 2 seconds. You can also unload it now.
- Added a new belt that doesn't appear anywhere yet.
28 June 2016
- Replaced the lone supply crate Load Bearing Equipment with a regular webbing.
- Removed an item from the map. It's still available in the hunter games, as is the regular version. A thousand samurai cried out in unison.
- Tweaked tasers. They will fire off far more shots than last update and are ID locked for security use. Their stun timer has also increased just a bit to make arrests easier. You are welcome, MPs.
- You can no longer switch restrictions on the smartgun. However, you can now shoot the DS and Iron Bears and hit them, pending tweaks when we have a new ID system.
- Just so people are clear on how to reload the shotgun: Hold the SHOTGUN AMMO BOX with your hand. Use your OTHER HAND to CLICK on it. You will get a handful of ammo for your belt and such of 5 shells. You can reload with the HANDFUL only, NOT THE BOX. You can mix any type of shotgun ammo in the same shotgun, and you can transfer ammo from one handful to another (up to five max).
- To macro your shotgun reload, macro ONE of these: .click Use-unique-action OR Unique-Action. The first one is more reliable and the one you should likely macro. Unique action is a catch all for firearms and their various unique functions, like spinning the revolver cylinder.
- Revolvers cannot go IN the belt. They go in the BELT SLOT.
- 9mm extended mags now have an icon.
27 June 2016
- Fixed a boat load of problems with attachment overlays. They should fit far, far better.
- Fixed some missing ammo mags and minor graphical problems. Not everything though.
- Fixed snipers and burst fire. You cannot attach a burst fire assembly to the sniper now, as it won't work with the new burst system.
- Fixed a bug with guns not updating their icon when unloaded manually.
- Fixed guns not updating their icon when uloaded automatically through burstfire.
- Fixed empty states for several guns.
- Fixed attachments firing grenades/whatever when you removed them.
- Fixed the powerpack ammo counter reporting 250/200 ammo.
- Fixed the powerpack reporting negative ammo after reloading.
- Fixed the flamethrower gas can and flame overlays.
- Fixed things like rockets or energy blasts bouncing off walls like a bullet.
- Fixed bullets getting stuck in mid air when fired from attachments. Might be more of these, report as they happen.
- Fixed burst fire. It will fire a quick burst of projectiles, then delay before firing again. Rate of fire should be about the same.
- Fixed weird clicks from flame thrower attachment after each burst.
- Fixed switching attachments that can't be removed. They won't be removed anymore.
- Fixed the issue with the muzzle flash getting stuck on characters. It can still happen though, just very unlikely.
- Fixed a rare issue with guns jamming. They still jam, but you will know when it happens, and you will be able to fire again without having to reload it. Report if similar persist without any message.
- Fixed sentries. Sentries won't shoot you if you have an ID in hand or in a pda, or both. Smartgun bullets still don't take this into consideration.
- Fixed attachment vendor restocking the wrong attachments.
- Fixed sprites not updating when restocking vendors.
- Fixed accidental self incineration with the flamethrower.
- Fixed throwing weapons using the mag harness hitting people then coming back.
- Fixed a runtime(s) related to null ammo and something related to targeting. Sigh.
- Fixed an issue related to firing attachments and ammo types.
- Fixed an issue related to damage type.
- Fixed mags spawning with negative ammo because of reasons.
- Fixed guns giving a ton of error messages while wielded and then E'd to equip.
- Fixed xeno not properly doing burn damage.
- Fixed guns and ammo not having research levels set. They're all proper now.
- Fixed shotguns breaking on point blank.
- Fixed an issue with xeno spits barely doing any damage to turrets.
- Fixed guns firing on burst when dropped.
- Fixed issues with suicide with a gun and point blanking.
- Fixed/rewrote point blanking. Aside from not breaking anymore, it also takes into account all bonuses and never misses.
- Fixed rockets going into pockets/belts... Also fixed rocket launchers not taking the right ammo.
- Fixed sadars being able to fire on the Sully.
- Fixed tasers not going into charging ports. You can recharge them proper now.
- Fixed wooden barricades not being damaged by bullets or other projectiles.
- Fixed, I hope, preds not gibbing on death.
- Fixed buckshot hitting you, the shooter, when close enough.
- Fixed closet health and them getting destroyed with any sort of projectile. Like a taser.
- Fixed rockets going into belts and such.
- Regular magazine-fed guns now chamber rounds as they do in real life (those that actually do that). This change won't effect much, but you can now fire off a mag and still have a bullet to fire in the chamber. Or reload with the chambered round. Every time you reload a mag, you will cock the weapon if there's nothing chambered.
- Attachments that you can fire will now tell you if they are empty or not.
- If you only have one attachment that can activate on your gun (ie, launcher/scope), you will auto select it istead of a menu.
- Masterkey shotgun and any future attachables that use bullets can now make casings (if they are not caseless). You can also attach it to the pump shotty.
- You can now suicide with attachables, if they shoot bullets. Specifically the masterkey, but it also applies to anything else that is added in the future.
- Masterkey shotgun now has 5 shots instead of 4.
- Attached flamers now have a range of 5 tiles instead of 2.
- Stocks now fit the A/2 rifle. No reason they shouldn't. Takes the same attachments as the regular MK2.
- Elite M39s now take the same attachments as the regular version. Same reason.
- Shotguns now have 25 shells per box, enough for five handfuls. There are also less boxes per vendor. All shotguns will accept handfuls of ammo, so it doesn't matter what box you got it from (keep clicking on the shotgun to reload shell by shell). You can also load different types of ammo into the shotgun, and it will fire them in sequence, starting with the last loaded.
- Shotguns adjusted. Slugs behave like regular bullets, but do more damage (they had damage fallout before, losing damage as they travelled) with good armor penetration. Buckshot has very short range, but it does massive damage up-close, and quickly loses damage the more it travels.
- Revolvers behave differently. You won't eject the mag when you run out of bullets. You will instead eject all the spent casings and any bullets you have not fired (in the form of a handful) once you manually empty the gun. Once the revolver is empty, you may reload it with a speedloader. You may instead reload it the revolver with a handful of ammo. You can also click a speedloader with an empty hand to make a handful of ammo out of it. You may instead click a speedloader with a handful of ammo to reload it. You can transfer ammo between handfuls of the same type, but you cannot mix them together for the sake of sanity. Unload (or click the revolver with itself) to close the cylinder and fire. You can also spin the cylinder with use unique action if you want to play Russian Roulette.
- All revolvers now fit the belt.
- Smartgun will attempt to auto-reload roughly every 20 bullets fired. Any time you try to reload manually, this number will be reset. If you stand still, you can constinuously fire until you run dry.
- Smartgun now has a safety feature. Altclick it to toggle shooting any targets in your way or ignoring friendlies.
- Renamed the M41A to M41A MK2. Just a cosmetic difference.
- The Russian variant of the Korovin can take the same attachments and both are properly silenced.
- Some misc changes to a few guns in terms of attachments.
- Guns now don't immediately tell you how much ammo they have upon examine unless they have an ammo counter, like the pulse rifle. Smartguns are exempt.
- Added two new guns that are inaccesible for now.
- The replica katana is now a real weapon that is okay for real combat. Beware the samurai.
- Finished implementing spent casings for guns that use them. This won't impact 95% of the game, but cool to have when the Bears show up.
- Minigun fixed and made significantly stronger. You have been warned.
- Adjusted the muzzle flash to be a bit offset, to make it better looking.
- Some guns won't automatically eject the mag. Mostly shotguns, revolvers, and a few misc guns not commonly available to marines.
- Nerfed the merc shotgun to burstfire less.
- Removed Russian guns from RO. Turns out you weren't supposed to have access to them.
- Autolathes won't eat material for regular stacks of metal/glass. So you'll get the same number of mats back if you try to print sheets.
- You can now burst fire right after reloading. You can also shoot grenades/flame/masterkey while the gun is empty or after reloading.
- You can unload two handed weapons by holding them in your inactive hand then clicking them with your active hand. You'll take out the mag.
- Small predator weapon change.
- Predators can shoot while cloaked. This is meant to incite terror and ward off enemies. Not to kill. If you abuse this, you will be removed.
- Added muzzle flash to turrets.
- Updated UI icons for various gun switches and added a new one. It's called Use Unique Action and it will allow you to pump shotguns instead of the pump shotgun verb, along with other gun specific unique actions.
- Added a scope category to attachable vendor. It starts with zero, but can be restocked.
- Load bearing equipment now has 4 slots instead of 3.
- Some guns can no longer point blank. Mostly snipers/smartgun/a few others. If they're really big or energy based, don't expect them to point blank.
- Added safety toggle to guns. alt+click to toggle it on or off. Default is off.
- The taser has 10 shots now, instead of near infinite shots (500).
- Adjusted tables to take more damage from bullets.
- Adjusted plasma caster projectile speeds.
- Added some new weapon sounds courtesy of Rahlzel, including some new attachable sounds.
- Handfuls and bullet casings may change icon when thrown. I am working on a fix, so try not to throw them around.
- Sadars may puff in strange and unexpected directions. Working on a fix.
- Bipods DO NOT WORK. They still provide static bonuses, but their code to use barricades DOES NOT WORK. I will enable it when I find a good solution.
- Guns do not have a back icon when empty. Some guns do not have a back icon at all. Will fix asap.
- Some muzzle flashes and pings are missing. Will provide them when possible.
- There is a runtime in targeting. Investigating it soon.
- Bullets appearing underneath characters when fired, though you may not see it all the time.. Will fix soon.
- Report anything else that comes up on the forums.
26 June 2016
- I've made a huge mistake, but this should fix it. A 1 minute or 10 minute cooldown has been added to most emotes.
- Added 'Emotes' verb in the IC tab for quick access that acts like saying *help.
25 June 2016
- Updated to Byond 510.
- Complete revamp of Emotes for Humans and Predators. Type *help to see them!
- For Predators: 8 unique emotes with sound
- For Humans: New sounds for clapping, saluting, and calling for a medic. (The Medic sounds are doing a trial run.)
- Sound added for 'Spit Neurotoxin'.
- Sound added for Facehugger death.
- Sound added for when a Facehugger jumps on a human's face.
- Sound added for when a Xeno dies.
- Sound added for when a Runner or Hunter pounces on a Human.
- Sound fixed for slashing metal barricades.
- Cleaned up and removed lots of unused sounds and optimized existing ones to reduce download size.
- Spam protection increased slightly.
- Admins: Added more 'JMP' buttons to a few in-game messages for quicker observer movement.
15 June 2016
- Tons of the donor item backlog has been processed. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR DONOR THREAD. Also, if you don't want the light to appear on your donor armor/suit, send me a forum PM.
- The pulsing weed node will now continue to grow weeds on turfs that have been cleared of dense objects (tables, etc) instead of completing its grow cycle and then stopping.
12 June 2016
- Queen no longer vanishes when she dies
- Evolution fixed
11 June 2016
- Xeno Update Part 2 - Tier Limits, New Sprites, Upgrade System. It will probably need some minor balancing...
- Tiers are limted as follows: 40% of the population can be T2 or T3. However, only 20% of total population can be T3.
- Everyone except the drone has 4 levels (done through upgrades) Young, Mature, Elite, Ancient. Queen has some fancy ones.
- Upgrading removes the ability to evolve.
- Jelly is required for upgrades and for evolutions.
8 June 2016
- Predators no longer explode when they recall
- Preds now have their own bastardized version of l3375¶33k for their translator language
3 June 2016
- Fixed exotic ammo crate not being listed under ammo category
- Fixed xenos not updating health correctly when they fall from the sky
- Fixed xenos not updating health correctly when burned by fires
- Fixed incendiary ammo not setting human mobs on fire
- Fixed hangar building bypass
- Fixed rods image preventing players from interacting with objects under it
- Fixed ladders trying to murder you when you drop a grenade down/up it
- Fixed specialist boxes being folded into paper due to new spawning code
- Fixed flamethrower overlays being invisible
- Fixed SADAR and grenade launcher allowing players to point blank/suicide
- Fixed Mac-15 not accepting it's own magazine
29 May 2016
- New Lobby music to better match the new title screen. Be sure to re-enable your Lobby music if you have it disabled! (Preferences > Hear/Silence LobbyMusic)
28 May 2016
- Change to Ice-Map
- NEW TITLE SCREEN!
26 May 2016
- A WHOLE PILE OF TWEAKS
- Runner: Tiny Health Increase
- Runner: Tiny Damage Increase
- Runner: Pounce Self-stun slightly lowered
- Runner: Pounce Target-stun lowered by about a half second
- Runner: "Intent" now matters. If you are green intent, you'll "push" the marine. All others will tackle
- Runner: Evolve cost halfed (to hunter)
- Hunter: Tiny Health Increase
- Hunter: Tiny Damage Increase
- Hunter: Pounce self-stun lowered
- Hunter: Pounce "Target-Stun" increased
- Hunters can "rapid-pounce" however, there is a cumulative "self-stun" that you get for doing so.
- Ravagers: Tiny Tiny Tiny Health Increase
- Ravagers: Very Slight Damage Increase
- Ravagers: Tiny Armor deflection increase
- Crusher: Minor Damage increase
- Crusher: Minor Health Boost
- Crusher: Armor Boost
- Sentinal: Spit Rework. Much faster
- Sentinal: Minor Armor Deflection
- Sentinal: Cost to evolve to Spitter is halved
- Spitter: SUPER SPIT REWORK: (once every 2 seconds for Neuro, once per second for damage)
- Spitter: Damage-spit damage increased a little
- Spitter: Minor Health Increase
- Spitter: Plasma increased to 600 (from 400)
- Spitter: Minor Armor Deflect increase
- Praetorian: SUPER SPIT REWORK: (Once every 1.5 seconds for neuro, twice per second for regular)
- Praetorian: Plasma increased to 800
- Praetorian: Armor Deflection Increased
- Praetorian: Minor Health Increase
- Boiler: Very slight speed increase
- Optimized shoulder lamps. One overlay instead of two
- Fixed ice colony gear not spawning correctly
- Fixed ladder issues with looking up/down
25 May 2016
- Predator teleporter bug fixed
- Admin/Mod improvements:
- Mods now have access to Admin > Show Server Log verb
- Player note is created automagically when a ban is done
- Log files more clearly show note and ban duration and reason
- Admin > Show Server Attack Log verb removed - obsolete
24 May 2016
- Hanger Building disabled (until we get a way for marines to stop hiding on the ship like pussies)
- Computer3 can now have multiple log files listed under one program (cuts lag and proc space). This allows us to continue our lore project , which will hopefully be revived after I buy myself a new laptop.
- You can now order crates with stock attachables
- You can now look up and down the ladders! Click and drag the ladder object to your mob
- You can now throw flashlights and flares down the ladders
- Removed punctured inflatable objects since they served no purpose
- Resized the Ice colony map
- Changed the research elevator foyer layout on Ice Colony map. It -should- allow marines to advance safer
- You can now drink much more alcohol before being affected by it
- Fixed a bug with welders having wrong w_class when switched off
- Fixed unlit welders fixing robo limbs without using fuel, also does blind checks now
- Fixed inflatable structures not allowing to be slashed by aliens
- Fixed lightstick box not allowing lightstick to be placed back
- Fixed helmets preventing CPR
- Fixed some helmet attachables typos
- Fixed slavic scope being invisible
- Fixed shotgun stock being way too offset
- Fixed shotgun w_class so they can't be placed in holsters anymore
- Fixed missing left handed shotgun sprite
- Fixed Secure pods being crushable and explodable
22 May 2016
- Runner pounce adjusted: Stuns target for 2 seconds (instead of 4), stuns the runner for half a second.
- Hunter Pounce Adjusted: Stuns the target for 5 seconds (instead of 4) Stuns the Hunter for 2 seconds.
- Runner Damage increased (very slightly)
- Runner attack speed increased
- Stomp camera shake extended by 1 square, the "knockdown" is the same range, HOWEVER it's no longer a 75% probability, but a 100% probability to get knocked down.
20 May 2016
- Cargo Trains can no longer carry sentries
- Turret Burst fire rate slowed (between bursts), Single shot rate increased (slightly)
- Turret Range lowered back to 7 (On screen)
- Aliens no longer hear MOTHER or COMMAND reports
- Queens can now give a "word of the queen" mass-hive message (beta and may not fully work)
18 May 2016
- Hyperzine now properly deals Overdose damage (1 heart damage per second while overdosed) and has a 1% chance to deal heart damage every second due to the stress from using it.
17 May 2016
- The Dropship and Droppod now have interior and exterior audible landing sounds to alert players inside and on the ground that they are about to land.
9 May 2016
- Re-added the power for the Telecomms on the Ice Colony map. Using a Pacman makes no sense, when it's like 30 feet away and they are a super-advanced research facility.
7 May 2016
- Humans buckled into a nest will now have the option to break free at their leisure (after waiting for the nest resist timer in ~ 3 minutes) simply by using Resist one last time to pop up instantly. This allows for nearby humans to coordinate their escape or allow a single human to attempt escape when they think there aren't any Xenos around and they're good and ready. Also, if the human has been additionally secured by their hands and feet, they will be told this when the resist timer is up so they can plan ahead.
6 May 2016
- New Ice Colony map!
- You can now toss grenades down the ladders. Take it in your hand, and click on the ladders and it will prime itself and teleport down/up the ladders
- Removed Apophis's last commit as it makes no sense to have Tcomms tower if all you have to do is set up the engine and you don't have to take care of it ever again. Use pacman generators instead
- Many fixes, adjustments and resizes of the map during the past few days
6 May 2016
- Fixed the T-comms power issue
5 May 2016
- Crushers shouldn't be able to phase through barricades anymore. It was not intentional.
- Fixed [redacted] not spawning with its tube of missiles/li>
- Not enough guns! Abby need guns! Cargo passive point gain doubled, more points per crate!
- Ladders should no longer teleport things if you pull while laddering
- Xenos can no longer right-click-> pull tab on objects.
- Carrier, Drone gain Secure Host
- Resincuffed people's sprites update correctly, I am really sorry about the god awful cuff sprites, SecretStamos will fix it soon I promise
- Xenos are slightly slower while pulling a mob.
- Membranes can no longer be shot through or spat through, their layer was set too low. Don't worry xenos, you're getting some new barricades soon..
- Display messages for resisting out of nests
- Shotguns now have an alternate method of reloading: If you are carrying a box of shells of the same type that's already loaded, you can quickly top up the loaded one with the one in hand. It can be paused at any time as it feeds shells in, but you still can't load multiple varieties of ammo into the same mag.
- Hopefully fixed the obnoxious bug with burst fire weapons jamming. Although I'm actually kind of enjoying it as a feature to be honest.
- Underslung grenade "about to asplode" timer increased a bit, so there's a tiny bit more warning. Currently they're just much too hard to evade.
- Fixed some more misplaced attachment sprites.. But a lot still look like ass. If you have an attachment that you stick on and it doesn't look right, please post a small screenshot on the bug report forum and it'll be fixed that day probably.
- Someone in the Armat labs has stabilized the M83 rocket fins, making it much less likely to whoosh on past a target. This does not apply to the [redacted] which is as OP as ever.
- Effects of armor against projectiles increased slightly, though this has less of an impact (hah ha! Get it?) on AP rounds.
- Marine combat boot damage absorption upped substantially, it was 6 times lower than marine gloves. wat.
3 May 2016
- Hopefully fire bug fixed with humans and xenos, from incendiary rounds. Hopefully.
- Fixed a few bugs with mercenary gun spawns
- No more need to field strip a weapon, just attach it and it'll drop the old slot item on the floor.
- Underbarrel attachments no longer fit in backpacks or pockets.
- Facehuggers dropped on a tile with more than 4 there already are cannibalized by the others.
- Predators are no longer slowed down by cold, and their armor protects them better.
- Aliens can no longer drag items. What you say! What! Holy moly! Yes, it's a big change. No dragging flares, lockers, facehuggers, etc. You can still drag mobs. MANY objects have been tweaked and changed slightly to ensure things remain fair for them -- draggable objects are all destroyable (such as vending machines) and some are no longer dense. You can no longer build some structures with metal, such as closets, and all lockers are now bolted to the ground.
- Didn't think I was giving that away for free, did you? Most non-runner-caste xenos now get access to the Secure Host verb in aliens tab, which lets you spin resin on a nested host to secure them first with handcuffs, and then legcuffs which must be resisted out of to get free.
- Riot shield chance to block slashes and disarms cut down.
29 April 2016
- Blood loss now makes human mobs look pale
- Fixed surgery exploit. Thanks for not reporting it sooner
- Fixed doing surgery not infecting wounds when it should. It now also checks for sterile mask. Suck it
- Renovates the droppod and ship with monkeyfist101's new sprites!
- Fixes the buritto not having a wrapper
- Adds fancy new armour and a durag for the specialist sniper
- Adds facepaints
- Adds a verb for staff to change the alert level.
- Changes the alert level texts
28 April 2016
- Disabled reinforced (plasteel) false/hidden wall construction. Normal (metal) false walls can still be constructed.
- Fixed hungry girders eating plasteel endlessly by fixing (read: completely disabling) the already-disabled reinforced wall construction. Complete with an error message to satiate UI feedback etiquette.
- Admins: A false wall will now have hidden fingerprints of the user that created it (viewable in View Variables under "prints") for all of your Big Brother needs.
27 April 2016
- Added metal flasks in Food vendors
- Added Koorlander Gold cigarettes to colony vendors
- Readded rechargers to security and medbay
- Fixed (Hopefully) end of round showing survivor's ID name, instead of their real name
- Fixed radio headsets spawning on colony
- Fixed burrito wrapper being invisible
- Fixed flamer and acid spray going trough girders and other dense objects
- Fixed flamer and acid spray now allowing you to spray it if standing in open resin door
- Fixed xenos on fire not updating health
- Fixed helmets having built in Gillette function
- Fixed helmets showing rubber band when not having anything attached
- Fixed helmets not allowing players to take out items off of it when buckled
- Fixed turrets not allowing to be repaired past 50% health
23 April 2016
- You can now put various items on your helmet! Up to 3 items can be placed on it.
Remove the items by click and dragging the helmet to your mob sprite, and selecting the items from the list.
Thanks to Monkeyfist101 for providing icons!
- New variable called sprite_sheet_id
What does it do? It enables us to get pass the sprite limit inside icon files! (override_icon was used till now, but you couldn't use it if it required multiple sprites) More info for devs in development forums.
- Performance optimization for dead Xenos. They no longer calculate some stuff when dead. If any issues come up, report them on forums
- Minimum napalm range reduced to 1x1, and increased mixture ammount required to rise it
- Marine backpacks and flashlights have been removed from lockers, but are now located inside vendors
- Admin revive verb no longer unbuckles mobs, as it caused problems
- Reduced the ammount of metal rods around the colony
- Volume pump and powered pumps no longer use more power than the entire Sulaco deck
- Adjusted SMG description
- Renamed NMV Sulaco to USS Sulaco
- Destroying tables and racks now leave some building material, raher than building parts
- Fixed survivors sometimes not spawning with a light source
- Fixed bridge blastdoor control having wrong names
- Fixed security having a missing window
- Fixed smoke effect being pullable
- Fixed Yautja speed issues
- Fixed very high blurry eye timer due to blood loss
- Fixed SM engine runtime errors
- Fixed Xenos being able to open welded doors
- Fixed duplicate marine helmet path, which lead to incorrect variables being loaded
- Fixed huggers being able to jump between walls or other dense objects
- Fixed disposal chute deleting objects when destroyed, instead of throwing them out
- Fixed admin "drop_everything" command also dropping embryos
- Fixed survivor spawning in prison areas where they cannot exit without admin intervention
- Fixed predators being listed on crew manifests
- Fixed tables and metal barricades allowing player to placed them on top of other tables and barricades
22 April 2016
- Holy crap new projectile system! You actually have to aim now. Learn firing angles. Practice! You'll find all kinds of new guns, the pathfinding is much better, the system doesn't lag us out. Wow! See the forums for a bunch of posts about it. New ammo! New attachables! Holy shit! Someone should write a guide so I can belittle its ignorance.
- Hunter Games gamemode! Yay! This is something we bring out once in a while to keep things fresh and let people blow off a little bit of steam. Might be a good idea to keep a no-name character handy to play there. Like the gamemode? Don't like it? Voice your opinions on the forum! The way Hunter Games works is, you ready up, get spawned into LV624 amidst a huge pile of random stuff. Then you fight it out until there's only one left standing! The last survivor has their name kept in the server logs forever. Glory!
- Xeno HP has been nerfed slightly across the board. Some castes have had armor values increased to compensate, some had no HP nerf, and some got double whammied. Expect balance to be tweaked until I'm satisfied we can get maximum bloodshed from both teams. And don't fret, coming up next is the big xeno rewrite..
- Crushers lose a bit of stomp radius.
- Bunch of cargo crates fixed with better stuff.
- Predators are losing hellhounds for now, but are gaining new cool upgrades for their bracers, including a universal translator and a sick new wristblade. Expect to see and play hellhounds in the Hunter Games!
- Way way more! If you find new bugs please post them on the forums.
21 April 2016
- Fixed sulaco hull wall typo
- Fixed wrong items spawned for doctor, researcher, CMO, RO, CE, and maint tech jobs
- Fixed wrong song being played for inflatable wall when hit
- Fixed huggers magically activating door controls
- Fixed lockers allowing aliens to hide inside
- Fixed larvas bursting on Centcomm level
- Fixed runners staying hidden when in critical
- Fixed dead NPCs having wrong health HUD overlay
- Fixed Generate NanoUI Map being in wrong verb group
19 April 2016
- Boilers should no longer die twice when they explode
- You can now remove humans from nests as alien
- Fixed some runtime errors when you drop items from your hand when tackled
- Admin "Select equipment" for some mobs now includes gloves
30 March 2016
- New vending icons from monkeysfist101
- New shuttle chairs from monkeysfist101
- New food/drinks from monkeysfist101
- Adds new survivor type the Colonial Marshal
- Adds a chance for survivors to spawn with additional gear
21 March 2016
- Adds icons for all bridge computers
- Adds execution chamber for all your disciplinary needs
- Adds a gun cabinet to the bridge and brig so guns aren't just left on the floor
16 March 2016
- Wound autohealing is now slower and won't activate if you are in critical. This prevents permanent dying as it healed faster than you were dying. Treating wounds with medical tools now speeds up healing and works even if you are in critical
- Wound infections are now more dangerous. The bigger the wound (missing limbs, massive flesh wounds), the more germs enter your bloodstream. Wound infection level now depends how many germs it will send to your limb. Moderate wounds should not be affected by this that much.
- Bleeding now lasts much longer
- Aliens can no longer slash at dead mobs to prevent cloning
- Liver heals toxin damage a bit faster
- Fixed nests not allowing to be destroyed by aliens
- Fixed ladders being acidable and explodable
- Fixed dead mobs checking pulses
- Fixed nested mobs exploiting other mobs to free the nested mobs below them... yeah...
- Fixed robotic limbs being affected by stasis bag
- Fixed wrong water bottles description
- Fixed queen being able to permit/forbid slashing while unconscious or dead
- Fixed gibbing of queen resetting queen death timer. It now dies instead.
- Fixed medical splints not checking if the limb is already splinted if you click more then once
- Fixed weed description
- Fixed a typo when you crawl trough vents
- Fixed Russian ERT announcement message
- Fixed corpses being able to vomit
- Fixed napalm recipe
14 March 2016
- Renovates the bridge to be fancy-er
- Adds a blast door to XO office.
12 March 2016
- You can now use knives and swords for surgery. I don't recommend it tho...
- Napalm now uses atmos friendly fire. Works similar to incendiary grenades
- Phoron no longer releases volatile fuel into atmos
- Fixed a minor bug where mar40 wasn't spawned correctly for mercs
- Fixed a bug where you could use any item to unscrew grilles
- Fixed a bug where you could use advanced bruise kit to quickly heal brain and eye damage at the same time
- SMES units on LV-624 now have 5 times less maximum capacity due to low power usage of the colony
- Some safes wont spawn with their code on top of them anymore
- Transit space looks a bit better then before
- Removed many broken and redundant power cables
- Moved the SM Core console again so other ones can be accessed
- CL now has a better looking carpet
- Telecomms APC is now moved inside the room for better protection
- Tier 3 xenos now have very short stun time when they get shocked by grilles. It I removed it entirely, you could run into it and get zapped multiple times in a second.
10 March 2016
- The researcher tool is no longer a "time delayed murderstick". Sorry about that.
9 March 2016
- New uniform for the RO
- New uniform for the CT (bye bye shorts)
- Modified uniform for the CE
- Modified uniform for the CO
- Modified Riot Armor to be more lore-friendly
- Slightly improved the armor on riot armor, but lowered speed. (Only wear it when you need it, MPs!)
- Added reference medicine charts to Medical and Squad prep. Please read these if you are unsure what chemicals to bring/use on a patient!
- Added a guide to attachments to the RO line, showing a list of all current attachments. Please read this before ahelping about attachment questions please!
- Removed the deagle from the CO. (Sorry, didn't fit the lore!)
- Added a special ivory service pistol to the CO. Complete with shinier hold-sprites. Fancy ivory can't be melted :v}
- Defib Rechargers added to medical secure storage and cloning.
- Added machetes (in very limited amounts). These weapons are more damaging than a combat knife, but are cumbersome can only be stored on the back or in suit storage.
- Added new sounds for the M41a and the M56 Smartgun
- Removed the new sounds from the M41a and the Smartgun
- Added an special PMC Smartgun set for PMC Heavies.
- Added movement slowdown to cyrowear. (Stop wearing this into combat guys, please!!)
- (FROM A FEW DAYS AGO: Added suit slot icons for all the weapons! You can now tell what weapons someone is carrying by looking at them!)
4 March 2016
- Fixed some active atmos zones on round start
- Fixed wooden tables leaving metal when wrenched
- Fixed missing access on medbay storage door
- Fixed access on emmiter and blastdoor access button
- Fixed wrong shoulder lamp light icon
- Fixed invisible meason icon when turning it off
- Fixed grilles not checking for unsimulated turfs when screwdrivng them
- Fixed plasteel amount in cargo being 1 while it should be higher
- Fixed temperature for mineral turfs
- Fixed loyalty implant showing Nanotrasen referances
- Removed unused request console from Liasion
- Moved supermatter core console closer to other consoles, for easier control
- Added more emergency lockers to lower deck
21 February 2016
- Donor and ERT armor now works fine with shoulder lamps
- Chestbursted mobs can no longer be revived with defibs
- Fixed cargo train runtime errors
- Fixed some minor surgery bugs
- Guns are no longer stored by croyed people
- You can no longer succumb to avoid larva bursting
16 February 2016
- Shotgun shells in ColMarTech vendor are now colored correctly
- The survival boxes that have a mask and oxygen tank can now be placed back into the backpack.
- If a facehugger dies just before impregnation, it will no longer impregnate its victim.
- Xeno players can now use ".a" in addition to ":a" to talk in Hivemind.
- Removed duplicate vent pump in Prison map.
15 February 2016
- Logged-in humans at Centcomm and Thunderdome are now ignored when checking for alien victory.
- Removed another instance of some other strange company name ("Create Command Report" verb for Admins.)
- The supply shuttle now has a limit of 20 items per shipment to prevent overloading (and possibly breaking) things.
- Sometimes when using the Supply Shuttle Console, an "Invalid Request" would appear with no way out. There is now a way out.
- Admins: Boiler and Crusher added to Player Panel rudimentary transformation.
- Fixed turrets being unable to be knocked over by Crushers after the first time.
14 February 2016
- "Liason" -> "Liaison" typo fixed
- Removed more instances of "Nanotrasen". You saw nothing.
- Fixed Bridge Officers not being able to open the security windoor in the XO's Quarters (near the ID computer)
- Fixed the incorrect "Spawn as Xeno" death time
13 February 2016
- Re-added placing items back into vending machine. It will be adjusted to be easier soon.
- Alien + Larva names fixed (Promise!)
- Larva will now have name-changes (but not numberchanges) as it grows: Bloody Larva, Larva, and Mature Larva
- Minor runtimes with mining asteroid fixed.
- Fixed gas mixer icon
- Fixed larvas starting with 200 progress instead of maximum 100
- Fixed Alien interaction with buttons
- Fixed/Removed vendor restock exploit
- Fixed resin doors closing themselves when someone is standing on them
- Fixed sulaco hull wall not being interactable with
- Fixed combat knife not cutting pizzas
- Removed sparks spawning from lights when busted (Minor optimisation)
- Removed sparks spawning from emmiters when firing (Minor optimisation)
- Fixed blood splatters and tracks not working on unsimulated turfs
- Fixed flamethrower not working on unsimulated turfs
- Fixed metal stacks not allowing construction on unsimulated turfs
- Fixed mineral rock not updating overlays on unsimulated turfs
- Removed unused buttons from shuttle console
- Light tube boxes and Body bag boxes can now be placed in backpacks
- Minor Adminhelp visual improvements (on the Admin side)
12 February 2016
- Replaced simulated turfs on LV-624 with unsimulated turfs. This is a massive optimization as unsimulated turfs do not proccess anything related to atmosphere. It also prevents atmos grief as unsimulated turfs can quickly fix plasma fires.
NOTE: If any issues rise up (massive pressure, hot air, etc...), make a bug report and we will revert this change.
6 February 2016
- Internal organs now give pain if damaged
- Intact liver now very slowly heals toxin damage
- Liver and kidneys gives toxin damage when damaged
6 February 2016
- New icons for the M41a, M39 and VP70
- New magazine icons for the M41a and the M39
- New sounds for the 44 Magnum and VP70
- Added Monkeyfist's Smartgun hold sprites
- Attachable stocks being tested for the M37, M41a and the 44 Magnum. Not available yet.
3 February 2016
- Fixed typo with stasis bag crate
- Webbings can no longer fit in another webbings
- Transfer plasma verb now correctly checks for distance
- Moved Russian Red pill bottle in vendors to be under pill bottle section
- Human heads are no longer acidable
- Fixed piping in medbay
- Fixed runtime errors with brig windoors
- Replaced floor under grilles with plating
- Added many O2 wall lockers to Sulaco Top
- Added flares to cryo room
29 January 2016
- Observer improvements in "Ghost" tab:
- New verb: Follow Xeno. Shows a list of living Xenos that are playing.
- Combined "Join as Larva" and "Join as Alien" into one verb: "Join as Xeno".
- Reduced maximum rejoin time from from 20 minutes to 10 minutes and reduced the minimum from 10 to 5 minutes.
- Explanation: If you die in any form (or join as an Observer), you must wait for a 5 minute "death timer" (reduced from 10) before respawning as a Xeno. If a Xeno player leaves a living body (disconnect, ghost, etc), that body will begin an "away timer" for 5 minutes (also reduced from 10) before it is available for observers to join (they might reconnect). Therefore, the minimum and maximum time needed to wait before rejoining as an available Xeno is 5-10 minutes.
- Reminder for Admins: Spawned Larva using the Game Panel will immediately be ready for any observer to enter them (so long as their death timer is 5+ minutes). This can be useful for events and rewards for the Xeno team.
25 January 2016
SecretStamos (Joshuu) updated:
- New backpack and satchel icons for squad medics, engineers and standards
- New icon for fuel and water tank
- Squad engineers and medics now spawn with their own backpacks, rather than the standard ones
- Updated the medic and engineer jumpsuits to be more clear in designation
25 January 2016
- Icon folder cleanup. Removing many, many duplicates and moving some icons to the correct .dmi group. If some objects turn out invisible, please make a bug report and state the object's exact name so I can find it easier. This will be continiued for few days.
25 January 2016
- Hopefully most if not all of the Predator bugs have been fixed. If the game has rolled a Predator round, currently you can click Join the Hunt, and if you are whitelisted you can join even if you observe after round start (previously it would only enlist you when readied up). Good way of knowing if you are whitelisted! Most weapons and items have been tweaked or rebalanced.
- M56 goggles hopefully re-added to smartgun pack
- You will no longer accumulate royal jelly when SSD.
- Xenos now damage animals using proper damage based on caste.
- Beam attacks now damage sentry turrets (I'm looking at you, yautja caster & spitter spit)
- Hopefully a bunch of bugs with hellhounds & smart-discs fixed. Stop asking about them!
- Supply packs from cargo a bit different. Some contain different and new attachables. Ditto for attachables vendor. The new attachables are the Burst Fire Assembly and Magnetic Harness. Yay!
- Boilers buffed->neurotoxin smoke has more effect, plasma regen increased, acid spit cooldown lowered.
- Hopefully Crusher momentum issues are fixed. You'll see different effects on slamming into things now. Not as much skidding around.
- Some xeno plasma regen rates increased. Spitter movement speed increased but plasma regen decreased.
- Hopefully fixed a few issues with throwing and dropping guns, and some item duplication glitches. If you abuse these kinds of bugged you will be perma banned guys. Don't risk it, just PM us.
24 January 2016
- In the interest of balance and variety, The Nexus building has been reworked to be much easier for Xenos to infiltrate. More breaches, a simple vent system, etc. But, it's still close to the LZ.
- The Lv-624 Medbay has been made more appealing as a FOB with a more open area, closed off potential breaches, surgery room, supplies, and metal/plasteel nearby. But, it's further away from the LZ than the Nexus. Which will you choose?
19 January 2016
- Tons of Predator changes! Yay! If you are whitelisted you will get a special couple of buttons in your preferences page. Lots of Predator rebalances and tweaks. XENOS: HERE IS WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT PREDATORS: You usually call them the HEAD TAKERS, or the invisible ones, or something along those lines. Yautja is also acceptable. You know they are dangerous but you aren't mindlessly attracted to killing them -- ask the Queen what to do when you see one. MARINES: HERE IS WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT PREDATORS: NOTHING. Probably hostile!
- Many automatic weapons now have a BURST FIRE feature! Massive risk of friendly fire ahoy! Use your weapon pane to activate it and watch as bullets spray wildly everywhere forever. I love this game.
- Many guns are no longer holsterable. This includes the M92, SADAR, M42C, etc.
- Can no longer drop/throw the wielded symbol. Hopefully. Stop duping weapons, you shits!
- Facehuggers now do an initial target scan when born
- Hivelords now get a new toggleable self-buff: "Resin Walker". This allows them to use weeds as a quick pathway to various places. When active it drains plasma quickly, but allows the hivelord to move very fast on weeds.
- Many xeno caste speeds tweaked slightly. Most obvious is Boiler and Queen buffed.
- Some xeno claw damages tweaked. Crusher claw damage increased a bit.
- Several mercenary team weapons altered. MAR-40 significantly buffed.
- Two new attachables! Sorry, they aren't available for use JUST yet. Expect them soon. They are: the magnetic harness, a rail-mounted accessory that snaps a weapon to your armor when dropped, and the burst fire assembly, an upgrade to your weapon's burst fire ability (or MAKES it burst fire if it wasn't)
- Probably some other minor stuff I'm forgetting.
18 January 2016
- New Verb: Join as Alien. Lets you join as any SSD alien that's been gone 10 minutes
- Join as larva is now 5 minutes
- You will no longer shoot yourself if you shoot at the target on the same tile as you are
- You can no longer use binoculars if you are blind
- Hand overlays now update properly when you finish installing a new robotic limb
- You can no longer perform surgeries inside the head or chest without opening it first
15 January 2016
- New Research Machines: WY Research Console and Weyland Brand Organic Analyzer
- New Research Tool: Weyland Automatic Autopsy Tool
11 January 2016
- Barricades no longer unacidable
- Cargo shuttle no longer accepts phoron, if it does glitch and accept it, Phoron is worth -200 points.
31 December 2015
- Xmas Mode DIS-ENGAGE.
- Caution signs added to janitor closet
- Engineers and Medics now have encryption keys available in their vendors. Each headset can hold 3 max keyst (Standard, Squad, Specialty)
- Squad Engineers can get webbing from their vendor
- Shoulder Holsters for MPs and Squad Leaders
21 December 2015
- Xmas Mode ENGAGE - Lasts until December 31st. Special Armors, special helmets, and PRESENTS EVERYWHERE
17 December 2015
- Apophis Anti-grief 1.0: Rockets only function on the planet, anti-spam system enabled.
6 December 2015
SecretStamos (Joshuu) updated:
- Added hold sprites to the MAR-40 and the Sawed Off weapons
- Added Duch's Dozen, a elite mercenary team capible of responding to Sulaco Distress calls, kitted for jungle combat.
- Removed Weyland-Yutani Commandos (Apesuits) from the PMC distress calls
- Added the Weyland-Yutani Commandos as a separate (admin requested) extermination squad
- Added PMC Sniper Mercs to the PMC teams
- Added the VP70 sidearm to certain distress teams
- Modified the loadouts of several distress teams to be more balanced
5 December 2015
- New Reload and Unload sounds
- Jumpsuits renamed
- Hosts now ALWAYS Burst. They will give an SSD Larva that is ready for someone to click "join as larva" to get into.
- New Belt Sprite
- There are now lights on ALL the armor (the sprites will work "soon").
3 December 2015
- Vents no longer turn off when there's a breach (yes, this will pump air into space, but it also will re-pressurize fixed breaches). This is part 1 of a fix I'm working on for this.
- Moved air alarm from being under shutter (thus causing a permanent alarm)
1 December 2015
- Air tanks replaced with Nitrogen tanks on Prison
- Increased Max Survivors for Prison (still dependent on ready players)
- APCs now update properly when mended/cut
- Minor spelling fixes
- Can not longer C4 the special blocker tiles
28 November 2015
- Donor sprites updated - CHECK YOUR FORUM TOPIC
- PAI's removed. Mostly to make way for the new Anroids/synthetics...
27 November 2015
- Belts no longer fit in backpacks.
- Rods/Metal Stacks now give the proper errors and use the proper amount of materials
- Medbay bug fixed
26 November 2015
- Happy thanksgiving. Special Thanksgiving sulaco!
24 November 2015
- Weeds should be clearable with 1 knife-swing. Notes should take 2.
- All USCM issued clothing have suit sensors locked to Maximum.
- No More Webbingception (webbing inside of Webbing)
22 November 2015
- Chemical Adjustment: Dylovene overdoses at 30. Causes damage to eyes.
- Chemical Adjustment: Tricord overdoses at 30. Causes Brain damage.
- Chemical Adjustment: Russian Red overdose at 20 (causes TREMENDOUS brain damage), regular dose 50% chance per tick to cause internal organ damage, heals radiation at a SILLY level of fast
- Building Adjustment: Doubled Girder Metal cost and Build Time
- Building Adjustment: Doubled Grill Rod cost and Build Time
- Building Adjustment: Metal Barricade slightly increased build time.
- New response to ahelps: "Non-priority". This will be used by staff if a situation is understood or is already being handled so that players understand their message was received, but might not receive a direct response.
- Admin Feature: "M.O.T.H.E.R. report". This is an IC message from the ships on-board "AI" system. Basically, a way for admins/mods to message the crew without using a centcom update.
17 November 2015
- Adjusted Prison Map atmos system, should be easy to figure our and repair
- Some exterior windows are electrified, more will be coming.
- Donor Items procesed - CHECK YOUR DONOR POSTS
- Building in hangers re-enabled. DO NOT BUILD DEFENSES BEFORE THE ALARM
16 November 2015
- Prison Exterior windows now have a health of 800K. You'll breach em any how.
- East wing now styled to look like a physciatric ward to account for comatose prisoners.
- All exterior walls are unmeltable in the prison map, interior walls still meltable
- Fixed spelling error with some area names
- Moved survivor spawns outside of locked areas on the prison map
14 November 2015
- Adjustments to Prison Map. Final round of testing before it goes live.
8 November 2015
- Added a new map for testing. Clear with Apophis before you run it.
7 November 2015
- T-comms finally fixed (hopefully)
- Marine weapons fire slightly faster
- Marine weapon damage increase
- Xenos evolve MUCH faster
- Larvas burst MUCH faster
- Damage from a larva that doesn't burst (because no available ghosts) increased 5x. If you don't burst after about 4 minutes in stage 5, you'll be dead without medical help.
- Staff can now Change between the Standard and Halloween map (on request)
- "Non-bursting" fixed
- Changelog Timestamp fixed
6 November 2015
- Backend map changes, should prevent breaches on LV-624, but might break T-comms...
3 November 2015
- Changes the emergency shuttle announcement to fit the escape pods.
2 November 2015
- Back to Standard! - The other map is available for events.
- Emitters removed from cargo ordering
27 October 2015
- Fixed defibs. No more broken marines.
24 October 2015
- Colonial Marines HALLOWEEN mode.
23 October 2015
- Fixed defibs. Also had to tweak how it works to avoid this bug, it now heals damage (8 by successful attempt (Magic, don't ask)), and revives when below -100HP (By successful attempt). So, the more damage he has, the longer it will take to get him below -100 HP.
20 October 2015
- Defibs can now actually revive people .-.
- Defibs can now be recharged
- Overwatch consoles are no longer invisible when broken or unpowered
- Advanced body scanner report now have the subject's name in the name
19 October 2015
18 October 2015
- Security Re-mapped - More cells, Isolation Cell, More room
17 October 2015
- Smashing bottles over alien's head no longer stuns them
- Dense jungle wall is no longer meltable
- Larvas can no longer slash at floodlights
- Removed Nanotrasen reference from security armor
- You can no longer stack girders
- Right foot is now splintable
- Examining humans now shows if they have splints on their feet and hands
- Removing splints now correctly works for splinted hands and feet
16 October 2015
- New icons for marine uniforms
- Floor tiles nerfed
- C-4 can no longer blow up shuttle consoles
- Marine backpack is now visible in hands
- Some map issues fixed
13 October 2015
- No more helmets in backpacks.
10 October 2015
- Oxycodone removed from MarineMed. Still available in Nanomeds
- Aliens can no longer spam the shuttle alarm
- Humans are no longre resistant to breachs and will fly all over the place, just like aliens.
9 October 2015
- NEW RULE: Since the marines aren't weapon dispensers anymore, there's no reason to kill marines who are infected unless they are activly fighting you. There is a new Xeno rule, please read it, as it is in effect immediatly.
- Boxes adjusted individually. MRE boxes no longer hold anything other than food
- Some boxes no longer fit in backpacks
- Shells in shotgun box increased from 7 to 14.
- Boxes now only hold what they should hold (Syringes only in syringes, etc)
- When the alien queen uses the console on the planet, it gives a red-alert. At this point, marines can start building sulaco defenses.
8 October 2015
- Shotgun boxes ONLY hold shotgun shells
- Shotgun Boxes result in crumpled paper when "folded"
- Only the revolver/pistol can fit into the backpack now. Expect some additional adjustments over the next few days/weeks.
7 October 2015
- Napalm disabled because shenanigans.
6 October 2015
- Emitters only fire about 5 tiles away from them (enough to hit the supermatter from it's starting point)
- APCs now for the ladder hallway on the main deck, and for emergency medbay on the hanger deck
- CMO access button fixed
2 October 2015
- Hopefully a final fix to distress calls!
- Job prefs fixed in chargen options -- Options are GET RANDOM JOB, BE MARINE, and GO BACK TO LOGIN SCREEN. They should all work as intended during job initialization.
- Queen gets a new verb - Set Hive Orders. This allows them to add a blurb into the status pane of all xenos.
- Eggs should no longer grow after being destroyed.
- Xenos can no longer pry open welded firedoors.
- Chestburst icons should work properly now.
29 September 2015
- DONOR ITEMS PROCESSED - Check the forums to see if any were yours, or your current status.
25 September 2015
- Music added to rotation: Good Day to Die, Fortunate Son, Buffalo Springfield
- Medbay CMO button fixed
- CMO no longer has to stay in darkness
24 September 2015
- Rocket launchers and grenade launchers are both now twohanded. However, the grenade launcher now starts fully loaded and rocket damage has been improved slightly.
- Pheromone auras now require the xeno to actually be alive.
- Hopefully fixed the "understaffed distress calls" bug, but will probably need more looking at
22 September 2015
- Splints now work on hands/feet
- Bones re-adjusted.
- Medbay APCs fixed
- Combat Lifesaver Pack Fixed
- Welding helmets no longer "reset' their anti-hug protection when pushed up and back down.
21 September 2015
- Medbay Redesigned!
- Added Chemlab
- Chemistry Lockdown
- Medbay Lockdown (button in CMO office)
- 2 more Cryo Pods
- 2 More sleepers
- New "Combat Lifesaver" belt for Medics (contains lots of good stuff to help with wounded)
- New pill: "Russian Red" - Used for treating radiation/mutations but has some... side effects...
- New Auto-injectors: Dylovene, Bicardine, Kelotine, Oxycodone
- Less Sleep Toxin from Cloning (hopefully)
- Increased available drugs from vendors
19 September 2015
- Distress calls should not be repeatedly callable.
- Can no longer C4 ladders or floors of any kind.
- Facehuggers should no longer damage faces if they are not alive.
- Follow button added for ghosts to hivemind.
- Distress candidate chooser is fixed, it should now pick from anyone who enlists instead of just the first people.
- Tweaked the random items most response teams get.
- Hitting a facehugger with another facehugger should no longer kill it.
15 September 2015
- Round of DONOR ITEMS! - Check your topic to see if it was any of yours!
12 September 2015
- Many optimization tweaks but there's still more to do. If you see any weirdness in lighting in particular please make a bug report (such as light sources showing when an item is gone).
- Can no longer use flashes on xenos
- Grenades no longer have huge range when thrown off screen
- Coat hanger fixed
- Can no longer build girders into walls if they're being melted
- Fixed a bunch of bugs related to picking up stools
- Boilers have to stay in place when firing bombardments
- Crusher tackle buffed slightly
- Ravagers a little slower
- Runners a bit slower, melee claw damage nerfed significantly
- Facehuggers now decay after about 2 minutes, eggs and hugger adjacent victims should check better
- Smartgun damage upped very slightly
- Rocket launcher tweaked slightly -- higher damage on the tile the rocket hits, both AP and HE
- Turrets will no longer target people with an ID in their ACTIVE hand.
- Shotguns now use Alt-click instead of Shift-click to pump from inventory
7 September 2015
- Combat Boots should no longer slip on soal or bananas
- Aliens can no longer buckle to anything that isn't a nest.
- Aliens must now Tackle someone before nesting.
- Adjustments to "Select Equipment Verb"
- T-comms Observation doors start closed.
5 September 2015
- Donor Items (Check your donation topic if your items aren't in)
- Adjustments to the "Select Equipment" verb for admins.
- Engineers now have Deployable Barriers
- Tasers are now SUPER useful against marines and 100% useless against aliens. Stunbatons as well, though you beat an alien with it for a small amount of damage (but no stun)
2 September 2015
- Nerfed the Cargo Tug Train in a few ways. Xenos can click on it to unbuckle humans, and there's a 50% chance the human will fall flat on their face (even just getting off of it normally. Heh.). Decreased battery efficiency. Starts with a less powerful battery. Removed infinite capacity power cell.
1 September 2015
- Distress calls are now available via the comms console, using a CO-level ID. It becomes available for use after at least an hour has passed, with a certain ratio of xenos to humans. Admins can also call it whenever. Distress calls aren't always helpful! Ghosts who are around when it is called can use Join Response Team to join it, but you have to be ghosted for a certain amount of time. It's probably very buggy as it's fairly complex code so please post on the forums if it breaks horribly (which it undoubtedly will).
- New item: "Lazarus Landing Map". It opens a small window showing the satellite view of LV-426. The same map can be seen on the front page of our wiki. The map item looks like a set of green blueprints. There is one in each Squad Leader room, a few on the bridge, and a few more strewn around the station.
31 August 2015
- Fixed embryo removal surgery breaking bones and giving internal bleeding to patients
- Fixed embryo removal not updating wounds correctly
- Alien embryo is now scanable by adv scanner
- Fixed patients sometimes waking up even with anesthetics on
- Cryo tube and stasis bags should now slow down embryo development
- Small defibrillator fix
- Added more air alarms and emergency shutters to Sulaco
30 August 2015
- Flaregun disabled.
- Humans move slower on weeds.
- Boiler's Bombard fixed (thanks Abby).
- New glass hit sound.
- New wood hit sound.
- New metal hit sound.
29 August 2015
- Boilers! Yay! These are a new Tier 3 spitter caste. See forum for details.
- Flashlights (not weapon lights) are slightly brighter.
- Crushers are no longer immune to severe-damage explosions (ones that would gib a normal xeno). It instead does a shitload of damage, probably enough to kill them anyway.
- Guard pheromones now work properly. They were busted. Frenzy and recovery work as normal.
- Can no longer use acid spit on the tile you're standing on.
- Powerless weapons vendors should no longer be invisible.
28 August 2015
- Players will no longer be forced into a chestbursting Xeno larva. If you have your preference to be a Xeno turned off, the only time you might be a Xeno is if the gamemode forces you to be one at round-start because it didn't find enough Xeno players. In order to become a Xeno after the round starts, you must have your Xeno candidacy enabled. This can be done at round-start by setting "Be Xeno" to "Yes", or by using Preferences > Toggle SpecialRole Candidacy > Xenomorph to "ON".
- ...However, infected hosts who have their Xeno candidacy turned OFF and there are no observer candidates to take control of the chestbursting larva (thus causing the host to stall chestbursting) will have a new challenge to contend with while the fully-grown larva sits in their chest cavity.
27 August 2015
- One Maint Tech will spawn in the "janitor" room near the janitorial supplies
- Requisitions/cargo now have closable shutters
- MPs now spawn with MP belts. These belts can ONLY hold security items (and the basic pistol), and MPs spawn with a basic set.
- Stun batons should now actually stun.
- Xenos dying should remove all stomach contents
- Xenos no longer have X-ray vision. Sorry xenos. You knew it was coming. They do however have the ability to see mobs through walls.
- Pheromones! Drones, carriers, hivelords, praetorians, and Queens now have the ability to emit specific types of pheromones -- frenzy, guard, and recovery. Any xeno in range is affected by the pheromones automatically; it drains plasma to use but doesn't negate plasma regen entirely. Frenzy increases speed, claw damage, and tackle chance, guard increases explosion resistance and reduces damage by a %, and recovery increases healing and plasma regen. The effects generally do not stack. You can see if you're being affected by it in the Stat panel.
- Overwatch strikes have a slightly higher radius on the 2nd and 3rd strikes.
- Crushers now have a much higher chance of knocking over turrets if they ram them.
- Runners now lose plasma regen when hiding behind stuff.
- Strong-level corrosive melty acid now should work correctly, it was using the default speed values. It will now melt stuff roughly 5 times faster. But nobody gets it yet.
- Praetorians now have medium-speed acid, same as the Queen.
- New xeno caste in IN. But not available to play yet, as we test them. Soon! (tm)
26 August 2015
- Some odd bugs with dropped items are fixed. This MIGHT have broken even more things, so please be on alert for weirdness with dropped or equipped items, particularly flashlights and self-deleting objects like grabs or twohanded items.
- Items should now however drop and calculate properly when you're tackled, pounced, throw an item, or it's dropped from damaged hands (smartgun in particular).
- Removed xeno hud for oxygen, plasma gas, and fire. They weren't actually being used anyway (except fire, which was buggy).
- Flamethrowers no longer amplify their sound when fired (it was playing it overtop of itself for each person in sight)
- Flamethrowers now have a maximum range of 6 tiles.
- Crusher stomp knockdown normalized a bit, you shouldn't see people get up instantly.
- Shouldn't be possible to survive a chestburst with massive amounts of antitoxin anymore.
- Facehuggers now die from explosions.
- Praetorians can for the moment not dissolve reinforced walls. Expect something else nice for them very shortly.
- Xenos now have proper gib animations, instead of defaulting to gibbed monkeys.
- Bullets now have names, so you know who's shooting at whom.
- Turrets can be repaired beyond 50% health
- Shuttles no longer do weirdness with shoving people around on arrival, and don't teleport you to the planet. They just gib you and destroy everything on the landing pad.
- New xeno caste coming soon! Woo!
24 August 2015
- Security HUD icons fixed. Placeholder icons installed for all jobs except marine squad-specific colors.
- Military Police now start with HUD Sunglasses (flash protection + HUD icons). Additional HUD sunglasses available in the SecTech vendor. Normal sunglasses still available in lockers and lying around.
- Dragging a dead body no longer complains that their "wounds are worsening terribly from being dragged". Also, dead bodies no longer spread blood. In other words, if you're pulling a body and you see blood and warning messages, you now know more easily that they're still alive and that you're making things worse.
- Facehuggers now keep the victim blinded while worn.
23 August 2015
- Fixed minor typos and references to Nanotrasen.
- pAIs now have a "Toggle Lights" verb that does not require software memory points. Only works when "Unfold Chassis" is used to walk around.
- Security Records computer interface no longer glows with the green of a thousand hulks (it's easier to read).
- Military Police now start with sunglasses instead of SecHUD. Note: Security HUD icons may or may not be fixed. We're discussing lag caused by icon updates.
22 August 2015
- A bug was making all projectiles check accuracy due to distance at 50% more than their actual range. Fixed! Guns should miss a lot less often in general now.
- Sentry guns are now moveable with a screwdriver (actually in last update)
- Four sentry guns now spawn on the front of the shuttle. These are special immobile ones, they cannot be screwdrivered nor controlled, but come with good power cells and 900 rounds of ammo. They can be recharged and refilled like other sentries.
- RESTRICTED queen toggle no longer reduces damage by half, instead it does not allow slashing if: the xeno is over 2/3rds max health, or if the target is a host.
- Human body parts in general are tougher, it takes more damage to get them to a critical state, and having broken hands does not always drop your items all the time (it's instead a random chance).
21 August 2015
- Slight change to how projectiles work. They should no longer hit adjacent things at all. Specifically this will make sentry guns work better, but you should also see improvements with regular firearms and xeno spits.
- Bunch of bugs related to sentries have been hopefully fixed.
- Sentry guns now come equipped with IFF transponders that will fire through friendlies, like a smartgun. Woo!
- New Ghost/Observer verb (in the Ghost tab): "Join as Larva". Allows you (as an Observer) to take over the body of an existing, alive Larva that has been disconnected for 10 minutes, only if you haven't ghosted/suicided/died within 10 minutes yourself.
- Admins: New variable for all mobs that might come in handy: "away_timer". Increments approximately once per second when a mob's client is null. Resets to 0 when the mob's client is not null. E.g., away_timer = 127 means the client has been null for 127 seconds. Note: The original client might still be in-game as a ghost or cloned into a different body - just THAT mob has not had a client controlling it for [away_timer] seconds.
20 August 2015
- DONOR ITEMS ADDED - If yours don't work, PM apophis on the forum.
- Marines now spawn with backpacks (no backpacks in lockers, but still in vendors)
- Command now spawns with Satchels
- Xeno explosion damage tweaked slightly higher again.
- Projectiles of all kinds now pass through grilles.
- SENTRY GUNS! Now available in Engineering vending machines, and very expensively purchased in Requisitions (along with spare ammo). Watch for a guide on the forums on how to use them.
19 August 2015
- Planet LZs are more strongly fortified with fences and barricades.
18 August 2015
- Sniper rifle bullets do less damage to compensate for the new incendiary fire.
- Four new weapon attachments, available in the crates and vendors: extended barrel (increases accuracy, reduces damage), barrel charger (greatly increases damage and reduces accuracy, increases recoil), quickfire adapter (increases firing rate, reduces accuracy) and recoil compensator (reduces recoil, reduces damage, increases accuracy). The first two can be used on a wide variety of guns, quickfire can go on M41, M39, M4A3, and 44 magnum, compensator can go on M37 and M42C. Note the barrel charger can go on the M56 Smartgun and is the only attachable that can do so.
- Xeno explosive damage increased very slightly.
- Plasteel now available in cargo bay
17 August 2015
- Added space suit storage units to several areas throughout the Sulaco - mostly in maintenance tunnels or Engineering storage areas.
- Marine Law manuals added and dispersed.
- Marking a Fax Machine message no longer notifies the player with the Admin's name.
16 August 2015
- Medbay is now slightly larger
- Atmos gas chambers are now unmeltable
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes on the map
- Some crusher tweaks, momentum should work a bit better.
- Sniper rifle now fires incendiary rounds, and snipers get a fancy new goggles in their crate. Yes, it looks like the smartgun headset. Deal with it. Fire immune xenos will not be affected by the incendiary, and any xeno can use Resist to put the fire out.
- Predators slightly tweaked in various mysterious ways
- Hands are slightly tougher to break and sever.
- Blowing up Sulaco Hull walls should no longer make space tiles. Destroying outer walls will still breach though, so careful.
- Praetorians no longer have the ventcrawl verb. WHOOPS. (how did they squeeze in there anyway??)
- All xeno stuff should no longer be acidable (nests, walls etc)
- Cleaned up Character Setup and job selection. Removed unused preferences.
15 August 2015
- Added holosign to surgery rooms
- Used Morrinn's morgue layout. Thank you~
- Moved Liason's fax machine to his private room
- Moved bio/prosthetics fab to the second OP room
- Many other minor map tweaks
14 August 2015
- Crushers are now in! They are a Hunter tier 3 evolution. See forum for details about them. There are likely to be many bugs as they have some very complex code, so please please please post on the forums if you find any.
- Marines can now build metal barricades using 10 plasteel. They function similar to flipped tables, but cannot be moved or dismantled. They can be repaired with a welding tool or plasteel depending on the damage. They can be destroyed by xenos but they are VERY tough.
- Xenos now take a few seconds to evolve and have to stand still while doing so.
- Rocket launchers now take a few seconds to reload. HE rocket spread nerfed.
- Xenos dragging stuff slowed down a bit more.
- Xenos can slash APCs again.
- Supermatter explosion should inform admins if it's about to blow. Still not sure why the built-in radio stopped working..
- A few map tweaks. Shuttle consoles now show the name of the shuttle.
- Nuke is unacidable. Whoops
- Xenos can no longer use consoles by hitting it with a hugger. What, did the hugger press the buttons for them??
- Xenos now take a few seconds to evolve and have to stand still while doing so.
- Smartgun when dropped now snaps to your armor suit slot if it is empty. To force yourself to drop it you'll need to put something there.
14 August 2015
- Removed debug message while doing surgery
- Removed one sleeper that was behind the cryo pod
- Fixed piping in canteen
- Added disposal unit to medbay
- Added exit button to medbay
- Added hand labeler to chemistry
- Soporific will now show on health scanner
12 August 2015
- Surgery update:
- Doing surgery without anesthetic/patient being unconsious is now very lethal
- Stronger painkillers, sleep toxin and high shock stage will increase the chance of successful surgery if the patient is awake(And only if awake)
- Roller beds and tables will reduce the chance of successful surgery
- Either way, doing proper surgery (OP table, anesthetics, proper tools) won't impact your surgery speed
- Reduced blood loss with lost limbs and open surgery wounds so they don't die instanty
- Reduced inaprovaline injection in cloners to 5 from 30 since it is not required
- Added cryo pods to sleeper room to free up late game jobs. (Despawn rate 15min)
- Added scrubber and air alarm in engineering
- Health scanner will now show if you overdosed/killed your patient
- CMO's closet now spawns with full hypo
- Fixed failed surgery steps not updating health correctly
12 August 2015
- Hugger face sprites fixed
- Nanotrasen changed to Weyland Yutani in a lot of places
- Queens, Ravagers, and Crushers can no longer be pushed around. Fatties.
- Nesting bug fixes, resisting while unconscious no longer resets the time, renest timer fixed
- Mobile pAIs can no longer drag stuff
11 August 2015
- Building certain defenses (tables, walls, racks, etc) is now disabled in the Sulaco Hangar area to deter metagaming (along with a rule update that may get you banned for it).
- Dropship cameras removed.
9 August 2015
- New map in the work!
- Cloners no longer injects a lot of sopoforic and inaprovaline while someone is being cloned.
8 August 2015
- Communications Console update (the computer that calls the shuttle):
- "Call Emergency Shuttle" is only available when USCM is offline (no Admins are present), 1 hour has passed, and there are more Xenos than 80% of humans (to account for some non-combat jobs such as Maintenance Tech).
- If Admins are present, only "Request Emergency Shuttle" is available (assuming the above checks are true).
- Both Mods and Admins can see shuttle requests and USCM messages from players and Mark/Respond to them, and other Admins/Mods can see that Admin's response.
- Xenos are mass-notified when the shuttle is called to facilitate the already-existing (but acceptable) potential for metagaming due to this pivotal point in the round that will cause them to win or lose.
- Morse Code sound added to help notify Admins of the above requests and messages.
7 August 2015
- Gas masks no longer protect against huggers.
- Stomach acid damage lowered considerably
- Mines moved to Engineer vendor, SL gets smokebombs instead
- Grenade bandolier fixed
- There are now 3 BO positions available! Yay!
- Floodlights can no longer be dissolved unless they are turned on
- Telecomms equipment can't be acided
- Xenos no longer affected by flashbangs
- Reinforced walls are no longer buildable. Regular walls take longer to build.
- Many xenos get proper tackle chances/stun times. They were pretty much all using the default.
- Queen moves very slightly faster
- Energy weapons are not affected by xeno armor deflection
- Xeno embryo timer tweaked slightly, should take a bit longer
- Tunnels -- examining now shows you the area the end-part is in
- Tunnels -- clicking one with a facehugger now enters it
- Incendiary grenades look different
- Backpacks again no longer come with boxes.
- Marine belts now store more items! Use them for all your ammo needs.
- MRE boxes now contain up to 5 MRE packs
- Marine armor protects a bit more against energy attacks (including spit damage)
- Engineers at B-Series Armor Productions have invented a set of heavily armored gauntlets with the shittiest of sprites. B18 Gauntlets give your hands all the protection you could ever need.
- Predator armor is more protective against bullets
- Severed limbs now bleed more
- Lots of R&D stuff removed, chameleon suits in particular
- Shuttle timer fixed, it is now a 1 minute delay in between calling it (it was starting the timer when the ship took off, making it worthless)
- Tunnels -- examining now shows you the area the end-part is in
- You may have seen a few Crushers running about. You will probably continue to see more as we tweak them, but they are not currently available for play. YET!
6 August 2015
- Ravager/hunter/runner pounce fixed. It was running you into flying bullets and stopping the pounce. WOOPS.
- pAIs can now suicide without causing runtimes.
- PDA crew manifest fixed.
- Preds (and Xenos) no longer get bridge announcements.
- Beacon crate now available in Cargo
- Grenade launcher now comes with a bandolier worn on belt, contains 8 grenades.
- Incendiary grenades now work similar to the flamethrower, dropping fire in a 3x3 around the target site. Hopefully. Hasn't been tested much yet.
- Overwatch console should swap out leaders properly
- Grenades now take 4 seconds to prime instead of 3.
- Some predator gear is now unacidable.
- Mobs in xeno stomachs now get acid damage depending on how long they've been in there. After about 2 minutes, they'll dissolve completely.
- pAI universal translator software should now work correctly.
5 August 2015
- Some asteroids spawn in space to stop supermatter core from flying around randomly
- Spitters movement speed increased, Praetorians decreased
- T3 xenos HP reduced slightly
- Marines move slower on weeds, sticky resin slowdown increased
- M42C Scoped Rifle damage increased
- Specialist special gear moved to crates in their vendor
- Can now order rockets and grenades from Requisitions
- River now cleans some of your clothes of blood
2 August 2015
- Added Flamethrower sounds
- Added new shotgun sound
- Updated reload sound
- Updated SMG sound
- Added sound for Admins when receiving Liason faxes
- Eject Supermatter button moved to CE's office.
1 August 2015
- Donors get the D
- Donor custom chat colors for OOC
30 July 2015
- Buffed Queen Screech duration from ~3 -> ~5 seconds, but increased the cooldown from 30 -> 50 seconds.
- New Queen Screech sound and screen shake.
- New Pounce sound.
- New (3 total) Xeno talk sound.
- Research adjusted. Weapon and advanced mech suits fab, removed.
30 July 2015
Colonial Marines updated: